• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, I have lol. In my own country :)
coup_mexico.jpg

It was however before this expansion.

With SF i think, and I made dissent raise near 100 so it must have triggered it.
I was so amazed back then, so still got that screenie :D

how you did that

Q: Does Stratetic Ressources stack?

no. it will use the one from a province with highest infrastructure to supply the bonus. So having more strategic resources just buys you safety from losing them or having them bombed. For example there is a province supplying furrs that help reduce penalties from winter that the germans can grab on their way during barbarossa. this gives them better protection against the weather after a while, but the soviets do not lose their bonus because they have a second supply elsewhere.

Is there any point in putting a 5 skilled general on Theater or Army group level or do should I just put some old guard up there?
And also why did PI add a mechanic that passes experience to higher levels of command if this mechanic is utterly useless, its not like you will ever get a skill point other than on the brigade level. It just doesn't make sense to me, surely generals like Eisenhower gained experience during the war?

Last edited:
Is there any point in putting a 5 skilled general on Theater or Army group level or do should I just put some old guard up there?
And also why did PI add a mechanic that passes experience to higher levels of command if this mechanic is utterly useless, its not like you will ever get a skill point other than on the brigade level. It just doesn't make sense to me, surely generals like Eisenhower gained experience during the war?

A level 4 no trait general should do for Theatre level if your a Major nation. The high levels you want at Army Group.

What I do as Germany is:

4 no trait at Theatre level.
5 at Army grouplevel.
1 at Army level.
4 at Corps level.
3 at Divisions.

Organization question....

I just got HOI3 and I'm playing the Tutorial in the wiki (Nationalist China).

My organization is ~30-40 despite my troops sitting in one places for awhile. How do I get this up? Only through doctrines/better leaders?

It was around 53% I believe. I bet that's the reason huh?

Tutorial never told me to increase my officer slider after it told me to lower it substantially in the beginning. So I dont think I ever increased it much. :eek:o

It was around 53% I believe. I bet that's the reason huh?

Tutorial never told me to increase my officer slider after it told me to lower it substantially in the beginning. So I dont think I ever increased it much. :eek:o

Your Officer Pool also affects your delay time after an attack. I forget the cut off percentage, but it is quite substantial.

I haven't played HOI3 since week 1 of release.. shelfed it since then and picked up Semper Fi on the cheap. Thinking about getting For the Motherland once the buzz starts to get good and/or the price is lowered.

Q: I noticed while loading Semper Fi for a brief moment, that research projects don't have flavour names anymore. Ex: they are Infantry small arms 1, 2, 3, etc. Why was this changed, and is it so in the current release of the game? It just looks.. boring.. would rather have the flavour names if not the much-missed tech teams.

I haven't played HOI3 since week 1 of release.. shelfed it since then and picked up Semper Fi on the cheap. Thinking about getting For the Motherland once the buzz starts to get good and/or the price is lowered.

Q: I noticed while loading Semper Fi for a brief moment, that research projects don't have flavour names anymore. Ex: they are Infantry small arms 1, 2, 3, etc. Why was this changed, and is it so in the current release of the game? It just looks.. boring.. would rather have the flavour names if not the much-missed tech teams.

Infantry techs have flavour names when you mouseover the brigades but not in the research window.

Probably a silly question, but how do I delete old saved games from the main menu?

You can go to your hearts of iron 3/save games folder and delete them from there.

When you're inviting nations to your faction, are the chances always impossible if they have claims on your faction members? I remember that this was the case earlier. I'm pondering the correct timeline and order of nations when inviting the Eastern European countries to the Axis.