• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Haha, the law is against these so called "Republicans" on this issue. How would you bring about your proposed disbanding of the SNM then Mr. Brass, with the Militia Acts still in place?

Claim it's a political militia, he'd then be given authority under the militia act to disband it.

I may be really sloshed right now but I think that congress can modify existing laws or even replace them entirely if the new law says it's replacing the old. I'm talking about the debate over the SNM and stuff and like even a drunk person can see it even if they cant sentence well and stuff.

((Also something about cultureal differewnces not adhering to arbitrary lines drawn on a map and I am really drunk right now guys sorry but yeah stuff your lumping all the southern states together maryland is unique y'all yeeeeehaaaah! But delaware is cool too. Shout out to all my homies in delaware!))

Last edited:
We have already discussed and proven time and again that the SNM is not a political militia.

Is it not? Sure, it existed before the SNP, but it essentially served (and still serves) the political interests of southern states, does it not? If it was told by the governor of Texas to enforce abolition and by the governor of South Carolina to enforce secession, which would it honestly do?

Last edited:
The militia stuff was part of my presidential platform, I don't need an additional vote on changing the laws. BBB will either decide I had the political capital during my presidency to enact my policies or that I did not. Of course when the next election comes around if someone wants to propose legislation, traditionally BBB lets people vote on it during the election.

Is it not? Sure, it existed before the SNP, but it essentially served (and still serves) the political interests of southern states, does it not? If it was told by the governor of Texas to enforce abolition and by the governor of South Carolina to enforce secession, which would it honestly do?

It does not. It serves as a large police force across the South. The riots during the election that saw President Walsh put into office, and then the riots during his Presidency should show that they serve the Federal Government more so then the State Governments. I can not think of any time where the SNM has not done this.

The militia stuff was part of my presidential platform, I don't need an additional vote on changing the laws. BBB will either decide I had the political capital during my presidency to enact my policies or that I did not. Of course when the next election comes around if someone wants to propose legislation, traditionally BBB lets people vote on it during the election.

((I did not mean to say it was impossible. I was just raising the point for discussion.))

((When Will The Election end?))

((I did not mean to say it was impossible. I was just raising the point for discussion.))

((When Will The Election end?))

((It has been 3 days since its start, so Im guessing Bob will make an anouncement today or tomarrow ending the voting cycle, and we should have an update about the winner's term over the weekend))

((It has been 3 days since its start, so Im guessing Bob will make an anouncement today or tomarrow ending the voting cycle, and we should have an update about the winner's term over the weekend))

Voting will probably end very late tomorrow (GMT +2), and the update will probably come on Sunday.

Polls have closed.

The score (by my count) is 10-3 in favor of the National Republican Candidate.

The next President of the Republic will be Jeremiah Brass.

Congratulations to President-Elect Brass! May his term be a productive and prosperous one for our great Union.

Colonel Mandrake

There is once again a shame befallen our great nation. I will be conferencing with my Democratic Southern colleagues over the election, and re-integration of the mighty Whig War machine, now known as the "National Republicans", which it self is surely bent on bending our country to submission. I praise President Walsh's effort and thank him for his time in office, however I will use my substantial influence in the United States Senate to subvert and undermine all the efforts of the Brass Administration.

Senator John Hensdale (D-VA)

You say we are trying to bend this country into submission, and yet who was it that wanted to suspend First Amendment rights in order to gag people on the issue of slavery, despite the fact that ignoring the issue previously led to pro-slavery riots in the south and almost led to abolitionist riots in the north? Who also wanted to suspend First Amendment rights in order to censor the book Uncle Tom's Cabin, an act which would have inevitably led to said abolitionist riots? On both accounts, I hear the word "Democrats" ring in my ear.

Sir, we are not the ones who stand for subverting people's rights in order to keep a façade of order and unity, that nothing is wrong and that Bloody Texas, Uncle Tom's Riots, and John Brown's Raid are just bedtime stories that parents tell to their children at night.