• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Are you crazy! Giving the government power to take my slaves away from me! This is ridicules!

The Cartwright version of the bill doesn't give the power for the government to take your slaves; it simply allows the government to buy your slaves if you are willing to sell them.

article5.png

((That should balance out the two radical factions. Harper's Weekly speaks for the SNP/Slavery and The Liberator speaks for the Whigs/Anti-Slavery.))

Last edited:
GENTLEMEN! IT'S NOT too late. We can win this. American can win this fight. What we need is a surge, to prove to those running the Whig party that they can't run us into the ground like this anymore! We need to stand up, Americans stand up and vote Brass in the Whig primaries! YOU are the last, best hope for this country!

((God Damnit, everyones stealing my rants! Damn you rant stealers!))

Comrades of our beloved Union, take heed to what these men are saying!

President: Jeremih Brass

Freedom Act: No

Why should the hateful rulers of the south be REWARDED for keeping other men hostages to work in their fields! No money for the slave holders, free the slaves NOW!

((not sure if this is what BBB ment by "A Little Something Extra" :/))

((Might qualify as a Big Something Extra, I'm just happy I get to sign as General Davis now. The SNP, more National Heroes per capita than any other party)):)

((Might qualify as a Big Something Extra, I'm just happy I get to sign as General Davis now. The SNP, more National Heroes per capita than any other party)):)

((yes, that is true. hopefuly this victory will put down any doubt of the us winning this war. and your welcome, i actualy chose you because i dont think anyone else has a military chracter i think, and i didnt wana make one up. not that your character isnt a badass on the battlefield mind you :D))

((yes, that is true. hopefuly this victory will put down any doubt of the us winning this war))

((And maybe our pedigree in defending this country will help us win a election))

I, Thomas J.L. Davis, Move that while the Original Negro Payed Freedom Act is not objectionable assert that with the amendments it is UNCONSTITUTIONAL and ILLEGAL.

1. According to the Pinckney Resolutions passed in May of 1836 "All petitions, memorials, resolutions, propositions, or papers, relating in any way, or to any extent whatsoever, to the subject of slavery or the abolition of slavery, shall, without being either printed or referred, be laid on the table and that no further action whatever shall be had thereon" Therefore, the Amended Freedom Act is Illegal.

2.Amendment four is Illegal Under the davis act as it would lead to the seperation of freed children from thier parents because no slaveowner would pay to house someone who does not work.

3.Article 5 is illegal under under the Fourth Amendment to the constitution as to remove a mans most valuble property at the same time as the death of thier parent or beloved spouse leaving them poor and devastated most certainly constitutes a unreasonable siezure and to enforce it would require unreasonable searches.

4. Article three is illegal under the 1st amendment as it discriminates specifically against people of a non-christian religion or people who have been unable to be baptized due to circumstances

5. Articles one and two constitute cruel and unusual punishment and are therfore illegal under the 8th admendment for minor crimes that essentially would equate to (if the law was passed) Life Imprisonment for smuggling and bribery/blackmail.​

I Must now return to my military command which is preparing for a operation at the Mexican Front, I hope the Supreme court Reaches the right decision. As for the above reasons I am SUEING in the supreme court the authors of this bill and its amendments in the court case Davis v Walsh.

(( Number One the House Gag rule was never passed in TTL, or if it was it was never mentioned and would also outlaw the Freedom Act. Amendments Two and Four have been withdrawn for good. Amendment Five has been withdrawn, it was the fulfilment of my promise as I mentioned a couple of pages. Amendment One has been withdrawn cos the slave trade was outlawed in 1808. Amendment Three is now part of the bill, and does not discriminate, as non-baptised men are no worse off than they are now))

(( Number One the House Gag rule was never passed in TTL, or if it was it was never mentioned and would also outlaw the Freedom Act. Amendments Two and Four have been withdrawn for good. Amendment Five has been withdrawn, it was the fulfilment of my promise as I mentioned a couple of pages. Amendment One has been withdrawn cos the slave trade was outlawed in 1808. Amendment Three is now part of the bill, and does not discriminate, as non-baptised men are no worse off than they are now))

((Okay, I didn't know about the withdrawals. so effectively the bill is back to its original unamended state? as from what you have said article 3 seems fairly harmless considering no more slaves are being imported))

I, General Thomas J.L. Davis, Withdraw my suit

((I really wanted to try out my new rank. Its fun to sign as general))

Okay.

Mr. Davis: Suing people? Really? Those amendments were never part of the bill. Amendments do not become part of a bill just because someone posts them.

King: That's not what meant by A Little Something Extra. A Little Something Extra is meant to be small stories, such as the ones [post=11932842]HERE[/post] and [post=11942216]HERE.[/post] It is not meant to be a way to change the course of history. The Battle for Veracruz did not happen. Mr. Davis, you are still a colonel in the US Army. I'm sorry if it seems harsh, but stories such as that weren't the reason I set up A Little Something Extra. Really, it's my fault for not imposing some sort of strict rules. :(
Colonel Davis, you will have your moment in the limelight, and I as thread starter do not appreciate the SNP's habit of creating history of their own without my permission. From now on, stories must be run by me before they can be posted.

Also, I personally support the reelection of President Cameron. We've thrown ourselves headlong into this war, to pull out now would be throwing away our right to call ourselves champions of liberty (and would also be very unwise gameplay. Take it from a guy who's first Vicky II game boiled down into 5 wars with Mexico, for California alone).

Last edited:
King: That's not what meant by A Little Something Extra. A Little Something Extra is meant to be small stories, such as the ones [post=11932842]HERE[/post] and [post=11942216]HERE.[/post] It is not meant to be a way to change the course of history. The Battle for Veracruz did not happen. Mr. Davis, you are still a colonel in the US Army. I'm sorry if it seems harsh, but stories such as that weren't the reason I set up A Little Something Extra. Really, it's my fault for not imposing some sort of strict rules. :(
Colonel Davis, you will have your moment in the limelight, and I as thread starter do not appreciate the SNP's habit of creating history of their own without my permission. From now on, stories must be run by me before they can be posted.

((ok, i deleted it and i apologize for putting it down. i was a little confused when i made it so a few rules about it would be apreciated to keep incidents like this from happening again))

((ok, i deleted it and i apologize for putting it down. i was a little confused when i made it so a few rules about it would be apreciated to keep incidents like this from happening again))

There was no need to delete it. It was a fine work. I just didn't put down any solid rules, so it is my fault. :( I apologize sincerely for the mess King.

From now on guys, the rules are as so:

Subjects:
A narrative (Third-person, first person, think To Kill A Mockingbird or A Farewell to Arms) tale of basically anything.

Limitations:

No historybooks. If it changes the events in the story proper, or adds a large battle or incident, it's a no. :(

Before posting, run the story by me.

There was no need to delete it. It was a fine work. I just didn't put down any solid rules, so it is my fault. :( I apologize sincerely for the mess King.

From now on guys, the rules are as so:

Subjects:
A narrative (Third-person, first person, think To Kill A Mockingbird or A Farewell to Arms) tale of basically anything.

Limitations:

No historybooks. If it changes the events in the story proper, or adds a large battle or incident, it's a no. :(

Before posting, run the story by me.

((its no big deal, the first thought that came to me after i posted it was "i hope BBB doesnt get mad over me changing history" so i sort-of expected this to happen. and i kept a saved copy of it in case anyone who didnt see it can so its not like my lifes worth was totaly destroyed or anything. this time i shall write an actual one based on your rules))

Also, I personally support the reelection of President Cameron. We've thrown ourselves headlong into this war, to pull out now would be throwing away our right to call ourselves champions of liberty (and would also be very unwise gameplay. Take it from a guy who's first Vicky II game boiled down into 5 wars with Mexico, for California alone).

What about the other candidates who support continuing the war, the only candidate who opposes the war and would see it end when victory is so close is Brass.

What about the other candidates who support continuing the war, the only candidate who opposes the war and would see it end when victory is so close is Brass.

Two Reasons: One should not change horses in the middle of a race, and I think General of teh Army Khur should stay in the field, where he can be of most use, instead of being stuck in Washington encumbered by the political dealings of petty politicians.

Right now, the nation has a winning team with Cameron handling the politics and oratory, and Khur handling the blood, guts and victory.