• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
King and I wanted to add a picture of a sad victorian kitten, but the artists was sadly on holidays, good thing it worked anyway :D I'm very happy you guys seem to have fun with the demo.
kitten_in_blender.jpg

1) is it really necessary to have THAT many events? Im playing on slow speed and still they fire up ever so often. I`m guessing it might have something to do with playing the USA and the whole Civil War build up but still...

This.

I only played around a year, and it became really annoying.

Apart from that, only some minor bugs in the tutorial, some minor issues with the sliders and I think that's it.

The game (demo) looks great, and if I spot anything else I'll post it here.

So far looks like a great game, but I've got some questions regarding UI;

1. Why can't we jump to specific state when browsing through production tab? If I see a understaffed factory I would like to have an option to jump to the state in which that factory is build so I can do something about it (encourage more clerks or craftsmen to appear,...)

2. In state map view, why can't we see names of the states?

How many wars declared by others did you have in your game? I had just one - when Mexico declared war of containment on me in 1847. Isnt it strange?

Feedback from my twenty minute "first glance" session. I can't really comment on gameplay much as I haven't actually played much, but all feedback is useful to some degree.

Positive:- I found the tutorials very informative without being patronising. As a Veteran Vicky player I expected to be bombarded with things that I already know, but what I got instead was a quick, well polished and easy to read introduction to what's new and what's changed.

- The interface is far more intuitive than in Vicky 1. If I need to find something then my first guess as to where to find it will usuually be correct

- More POP types is always a bonus

- It looks Amazing. It looks far more professional than any of the previous P'dox games, and in some ways looks better than the biggest compettitors in the strategy market (e.g. Civ V)

- It's been well optimised; the only lag I get is very minor when zoomed out to the farthest level, on the terrain mapmode; perhaps something to think about for the future.

Negatives: - Limited music track on demo gets irritating after a while

- I have never experienced this in a P'dox game before, but after playing the tutorial and looking around the map, I was lost as to what I was supposed to do. In V1 I'd normally set about tweaking the imports/exports and promoting pops. Here... I don't know. I'm going to have another go and try to be more 'involved' this time, but that's my 3 cents.