• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Dunno if anybody else had the same problem. I (USA), allied with Texas, was fighting Mexico, and won some battles. But Mexico still occupied two or three Texas provinces, while I had none of the Mexican territories. Then Mexico offered a white peace, but I could not see any information (prestige/infamy/militancy gained) anywhere, only after I accepted the white peace (because I didn't want to continue the expensive war) did I find I lost 10 prestige.

I guess the same problem happened to OHG when he played France in beta test, and lost 10 prestige after accepting peace with the Ottoman in the Ottoman invasion of Tunisia, and he didn't really know why he lost the 10 prestige.:wacko:

Did you lose the prestige because you didn't achieve your war goals?

Hopefully sagji will do something like his HoI3 high-res interface mod for Vicky2 (although it is currently only for screens at least 1200 pixels high which wouldn't help you).
Well, Bioware left out UI scaling with Dragon Age, so it's hard to blame a small company like Paradox. They have at least some reasonably big widescreen LCDs in their office, though, so they could have noticed that gamers with poor eyesight (?) like me will have to bend forward to read the fine print.

Just got the demo :D .. and am going through the tutorial :) ... I am not sure if tutorial issues are to be posted here though. But here goes:

Why do you suddenly switch between Belgium and Prussia in the tutorial?? ... When I started the Tech part, the text started talking about Prussia, and I got confused. Then I noticed that the country had changed.

Then in the Basic Politics part, I am still Prussia, but the text tells me that Belgium is ruled by the Catholikje Parti (sp??).

Please keep the tutorial as one country. I am sure there are nothing that is better explained as Prussia, compared to Belgium, so there is no need to change the country.

You might also want to go through the help text again in the various screens in the tutorials as there are some minor hiccups here and there.

Looking forward to actually playing around with the demo :)

Edit: After going through the rest of the Politics tutorial, it seems all the text refers to Belgium, while the country controlled is Prussia. Makes alot of what is written a bit odd and useless. Needs to be fixed in full version.

Last edited:
Did you lose the prestige because you didn't achieve your war goals?
It was an intervention war, so I didn't have any war goal.

The point here is the interface: no information can be found when the enemy offers me the peace treaty, so I don't know if I will gain or lose anything.:(

Demo: how do I build a fort or a railroad as the almighty government?

I've figured out that my Capitalists will build railroads and factories by themselves (= very very cool), but when I click to build one myself, I cannot gather the materials. I am fidgetting around in the trade screen (ticked off all AI control), but nothing seems to help.

Is your stockpile slider at 0% in the budget screen?

Is your stockpile slider at 0% in the budget screen?

I set it to SELL 1000, which, IIRC from Vicky I, tells my guys to stockpile 1000 and then sell. Which isn't happening.

Edit: budget screen?

It's best to leave trade to AI for the first time, to get to know the game. I think sell >1000 no longer means "buy until you've reached 1000". You need "buy <1000" for that.

The budget screen has a top slider that says national stockpile or something. Military maintenance? If you set that to 0%, you won't buy anything for your national stockpile.

It's best to leave trade to AI for the first time, to get to know the game. I think sell >1000 no longer means "buy until you've reached 1000". You need "buy <1000" for that.

The budget screen has a top slider that says national stockpile or something. Military maintenance? If you set that to 0%, you won't buy anything for your national stockpile.

I learn something new! Great Success!

Cool, I do not like giving the AI control of everything, as I prefer to learn things the hard way.

So what are the limitations of the demo as compared to the real game?

Not that I'll bother with the demo. Going to buy the game locally in the next couple of days...
The USA is the only playable country, and the game ends after 15 years.