• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes, but you cannot change difficulty in demo.

It pretty much revolves around supply cost of military in war.

There is no difficulty setting.

Ok thanks! I guess I'll really learn the right way with a Paradox game for the first time, without resorting to cheap newbie techniques like "Very Easy" settings :eek:o

even if there isnt a "choose difficulty" button at the start, im sure you can find the file and edit to increase/decrease stuff to the same effect ;)

If alot of people request them, we can add it to the 1.2 patch. We just wanted the game to feel polished and balanced without any options.

I don't remember the last game I played that didn't have a difficulty setting. I think it might have been Tetris. :p

I support a difficulty setting in the options. :)

As long as the no diff level is not = Very Hard, I'm game with it as it is.:p

I also would like to have diffrent difficulty settings as long as they don't mess up the economic system. Things like additional maintainance for military units and such might have a rather large impact of the entire market.

There is some "Difficulty Modifiers" in the static_modifiers.txt file in the /common folder ... But of cause, if there isn't at "difficulty" bottom to change it whit, then it doesn't matter whats in the file. ;)

If alot of people request them, we can add it to the 1.2 patch. We just wanted the game to feel polished and balanced without any options.

Johan,

From what I can see from the demo and the Beta AARs the game is polished and balanced. I anticipate enjoying it very much.

Having said that, since it is a game it would be good to have some settings so that the very casual player or the very hardcore player can both have an enjoyable game. I put myself in the "hardcore" pool, and while I will enjoy the game as-is, hopefully I won't have to play a small un-civ just to have a challenge. I think that difficulty settings also enhance the re-playability of a game, which can only be a good thing.

So from my perspective: Kudos, Huzzah, Grats, and all other supurlatives for the great game that I will be playing tomorrow! And add difficulty setting in 1.2.

I would like to request them as well! I always play alle paradox games on very hard and from what ive heard from a friend who has early acces it was a cakewalk playing prussia even though it was his first time at victoria ever!

So yeah, yay for dif. settings!!! :)

As long as the no diff level is not = Very Hard, I'm game with it as it is.:p

That doesn't seem to be the case at all ...

Johan,

From what I can see from the demo and the Beta AARs the game is polished and balanced. I anticipate enjoying it very much.

I agree with the anticipation, and even the apparent polish of the game but I'm pretty worried about the in game balance actually. Reading through the AAR's I'm pretty worried we will need a difficulty setting so we can make the game harder! I like how people talk about how the economics, trade, and technology is smooth and functional but what I don't like is seeing the seemingly simple way countries rack up the gold. In two examples we've seen a Japan annex the entire of China by the 1860's and a Switzerland get gas weapons and machine guns to use and pillage a great power (Austria) by 1870's ... all the while with economies exploding (in a good way) Now I'm all for the ahistorical options for the player (understatement) but also see a need for limiting the cash flow, tech progress, or the like ... within reason. Leaving options for the player to modify these elements is a good idea, but the core requires reasonable restraint. Again, just opinions from a window shopping awaiting his boxed copy and reading the AAR's constantly.

Difficulty settings is definitely needed. Judging by AARs some more experienced players don't have much trouble beating AI in V2 :)