• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

th3freakie

Commissar for a European People's Economy
75 Badges
Apr 23, 2004
vicentedelisboa.wordpress.com
  • For The Glory
Let's not beat around the bush, everyone knows sprites will make or break this game/mod.

So, wishlis... nay, demandlist:

0) Obviously, a complete re-done of all sprites.

1) Galley sprites, different for different cultures, and unique ones for Venice and the Ottomans at least.

2) Caravels for early iberian ships.

3) Historical colors for land armies.

4) Cavarly sprite and Combined Armies sprite.

5) City sprites not only by culture or religion but also accorging to local Arts... ;)

6) revision of interface sprites such as resources, manufacturies and city buildings

Do this, and your game has a chance.

edit: points 5 and 6 by Bordic

Last edited:
Never thought of this, but Freakie's right. New sprites are necessary. I mean, right, I could probably go without them (though everyone wants some eyecandy in new games, and the sprites haven't changed since EU1 IIRC), but if this is to achieve at least some commercial success with new people, new sprites are a must.

If you`re interested, I can make sprites for Poland-Lithuania based on 3d models from my m2tw mod.

I *may* decide to do naval stuff like for Vicky. Though first it depends whether I'll get the game at all - I decide that later when more info is available. Loved my EU II, but then I didn't play it for quite some time.....I wish them the best for this project though.

I *may* decide to do naval stuff like for Vicky. Though first it depends whether I'll get the game at all - I decide that later when more info is available. Loved my EU II, but then I didn't play it for quite some time.....I wish them the best for this project though.

Which btw are really good. Love them :D

They're using the same graphics engine as EU3?

Let's not beat around the bush, everyone knows sprites will make or break this game/mod.

0) Obviously, a complete re-done of all sprites.

1) Galley sprites, different for different cultures, and unique ones for Venice and the Ottomans at least.

2) Caravels for early iberian ships.

3) Historical colors for land armies.

4) Cavarly sprite and Combined Armies sprite.

Do this, and your game has a chance.

5) City sprites not only by culture or religion but also accorging to local Arts... ;)

6) revision of interface sprites such as resources, manufacturies and city buildings.

I think that sprites arent that important at all... look at eu3... they wanted so much to improve the game in graphical terms that it ended in a big crap.

EU2's sprites are fine as they are.

Although i must say i was never a fan of halberdiers, and that certain nations like Indians or Chinese/Japanese could use a LT 11 new sprite.

So theoretically, could it use a simplified version of e.g. the TW sprites?

Just open TW models in some 3D software like milkshape or 3dsmax, run animation, convert rendered model frames into eu2 bmp format and it`s done.

6) revision of interface sprites such as resources, manufacturies and city buildings.
Good ones. I'll add them to the "indispensable" list.

I love those capital pictures you have in vicky. Those much be in Vicky 2!

:D

I sure hope that yoda has changed so we can now have those nice colonies for other groups than MIN. :)
What is MIN? ;)

So theoretically, could it use a simplified version of e.g. the TW sprites?
We can't "borrow" copyrighted stuffs.

If you`re interested, I can make sprites for Poland-Lithuania based on 3d models from my m2tw mod.
Be our guest!

To all: modders are not only people who can write events or create maps and there is room for talented artists in such a team.

We can't "borrow" copyrighted stuffs.
That I know. What I had in mind was the kind of thing that thrashing mad proposed :). TM is a talented artist, though unfortunately usually a busy one as well :(.