• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

entire world.

Europe.

America.

And a funny screenshot: I needed an extra general and I rolled this:

I'll add these to the end of the last chapter ;)

@atwix just a bit off the topic - aside from the Ars Pictorica, what graphic mods ar you using for the map (terrain and water). It looks absolutely astonishing :O

i use many graphical mods, a combination of a few important ones. I'll make a (new) list and add it here and front page of AAR (as I get this question a lot).

I'll try to get the links to steam workshop in an hour or so, for some weird reason I can't access it now.

In other news: There will be a new chapter coming today!

P.s: @karrosa nice first post, honoured its in my aar thread ;)

Cannot wait for the chapter! You should show them europeans.

Cannot wait for the chapter! You should show them europeans.

I'll spoiler the chapter title..

I *am* showing them europeans as you ask, but the main focus was to invade entire AMERICA!

New chapter title will be

Chapter 13: Full Scale AMERICA invasion

Last edited:
@karrosa added this list to first post too, after table of contents)

MOD LIST (alphabetical order; ALL mods listed here are ironman compatible):

80 loading screens mod (changes loading screens to historical paintings): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=251964175

Ars pictorica mod (changes pictures from many events to relevant details of historical paintings): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=338605154

Better font mod (Obvious): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=173103497

Better UI mod (Obvious): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=378830868

Bigger diplomacy view (makes diplomacy window taller, handy at higher resolutions): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=170730282

(this mod will need editing with notepad++ to make it compatible with 1.13; go into whatever folder your mods are stored. Now find the MOD file of what ever mod you are wanting to use and open it with Notepad++. Then just simply add/change supported_version="1.13" to it and you can use it)

Bigger peace view (makes peace screen window taller, handy at higher resolutions): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=266947832

(this mod will need editing with notepad ++ to make it compatible)

Even better terra incognita (changes terra incognita fog graphic to something lot better then default): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=185341579

GFX overhaul (changes the water, terrain, seasonal effects and LOT more, this mod you really want!): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=381321692

HRE unit retexture (changes unit models inside HRE to add more variety): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=220203879

(this mod will need editing with notepad++ to make it compatible)

Loading screen historical quotes (ideal to use alongside with 80 loadingscreends mod; changes loading screen tips to historical quotes from various historical people. Example: Jean-Baptiste Colbert: "The art of taxation consists in so plucking the goose as to obtain the largest amount of feathers with the least possible amount of hissing." Very fun to read all of them after starting game 100 times![):https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=412510034

TBARW EXTRA transparant political map (Makes mapmodes slightly transparent thus showing snow in political mapmode and more visible terrain): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=310638421

TBARW EXTRA thick borders and recoloured water (this mod you really want; * Border are now much more thicker. Borders are now visible from a greater distance. Sharp black borders that change width according to zoom level. More beautiful terrain, new textures of sand, rock, grass with changes normal-maps. Recolored water with semi-reflection (When zoomed in, reflection of clouds appear, when zoomed out, reflection is minimal): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=297339191

Tooltip font mod (changes tooltip font into verdana 14, makes it all LOT easier on eyes to read tooltips): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=169782855

Unit packs extended LITE (UPE aims to increase the value of the cosmetic unit pack DLCs by making the premium units appear as frequently as possible, and minimise the usage of the generic vanilla units. Makes what you paid for appear more): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=280502457

(this mod will need editing with notepad++ to make it compatible)

Last edited:
Chapter 13: Full scale AMERICA invasion

We need to keep the coring of 9x% overextension going non stop.. So QING will declare here and there in Europe non stop, and *STOMP* Europe a LOT.

First in line: Scandinavia and their (only) ally Pomerania.

*STOMP*

*pant* *wheeze*

*STOMP*

War won within the month :rolleyes:

Second in the line: Poland.

Surround! Ready? March!

You can guess the result :D

Bavaria, Bohemia, Brandenburg, Hamburg, Mainz, Nurnberg, Silesia and Wurzburg joined them. I mainly attack Poland to drag in many HRE states.

First coring batch of the chapter. Note that I took some cores back, after danish rebels formed Denmark around Skâne. Scandinavia did reconquest on them, and now I grab 'm back :oops:

Qing is slowly eating and coring all Baltic ports :cool:

Time to invade the HRE again. All states are ally (of ally) of Poland, so the emperor Austria can't intervene..

*STOMP*

A few stomps later, everyone was overrun and being sieged :)

QING took aristocratic idea group. You might find this weird choice.. But the idea group has +manpower subidea and gives an extra diplomat and an extra general slot (if you fill it). I am using the diplomats to claim all 30+ development provinces I can.

The idea for QING is to stack manpower pool bonuses, and to ditch all mercs when we hit military tech 26. By then we should have manpower pool of close to a million, and (almost constantly full) manpower pool.

First HRE coring batch. I just ate Bohemia just like that, coring cost be damned. I could spare the points at this time. And I want my corridors! You can probably see what corridors I want to install.

Second HRE coring batch. One corridor is complete; Qing troops can walk from Black sea to Baltic sea now, through the HRE!

Ahh muslim piety events. If you have at least 0,75 piety (75% piety), then some really GOOD events can trigger.

Like free manpower events!

http://www.eu4wiki.com/Muslim_piety_events if you want to read up on them.

Third HRE coring batch. Second corridor complete; Qing troops can walk from Mediterrenean to Baltic sea, through the HRE!

Note that all these corridors allow me to claim all high development border provinces in Austria and rest of HRE.

Austria is now COMPLETELY surrounded by QING :eek:

Final coring batch, eating Poland forts and ports.

I had peace now, and sold Gujarat some more provinces to enable MORE vassal corridors to overseas territory.

You might find this tactic of snaking corridors weird.. But its effective way to claim/core all enemy forts and to Blitzkrieg enemy stacks (that are directly reachable) within the first month of the war.

I think this screenshot proves the use of the tactic described above. If you make an enemy capital reachable within the month, you can attack enemy stacks that don't even have full morale yet.

I am attacking Brazil here with holy war (I took ports in America here and there to get holy war CB earlier on, remember) and Spain and others joined.

*STOMP*

*BLITZKRIEG MODE ENABLED*

My corridor tactic (described above) allows for serious blitzkrieg, as I also did in 1.9 patch.. I just adapted to 1.13 and invented new way to blitzkrieg..

Brazil has like 70k troops. They have a fort and their capital right near my owned ports.. Bottleneck :mad:

Look at the name my new diplomat has (the one from aristocratic idea group). I think that must be a name bug o_O

The Chinese troops had to adapt to fighting in the jungle... So, they drove the Brazilians into a river full of Black caimans (the Amazon river!). Wipe :mad:

The black caiman is the largest predator in the Amazon ecosystem.. Qing is the largest predator in the world, hoewever :rolleyes:

My 6/4/5/1 Yongcong Use general is far superior to any general here :p

Spain gave almost all their ports in the Genoa trade region. In the long run, I will collect with a merchant there too.

I also took their Cyprus fort.

Spain has exactly 0 forts now. Next war will be even more hilariously easy.
Focus on taking and coring all enemy forts everywhere in Europe is starting to pay off.
In the end, you can blitzkrieg them like mad.
I bet/hope paradox will script the AI to destroy buildings to make NEW forts in patch 1.14, as this tactic is hilariously overpowered.

See all the ships I made? Next screenshots will show why ;)

Last edited:

130 transport ships and 180 heavy ships. Enough to scare small fleets, but NOT enough to kill the main British fleet, as I only have dip tech 7 (yeah I know) and Early carrack heavies :oops:

The sea zones between Ireland and England are usually best spot to invade England without giving their navy a shot at intervening.

QING landed in Cornwall with 130k troops :eek:

50k artillery and 80k infantry mercenaries marched for London, lead by my killer general :cool:

Great Britain didn't expect this one bit o_O

Usually, a nation places a province supply limit worth of troops in their capital. If you declare, they usually are at 80% of their morale only, cause AI tends to lower maintenance while at peace.

Qing blitzkrieged into London before the stack there gained full morale :eek:

*STOMP*

See my fleet? The British fleet came too late.. My fleet was already on the way again with a new stack of 130k troops :cool:

I placed 1k stack in Cornwall.

They occupied the province.. This enabled my worthless heavy fleet to rout to Cornwall..
17 flimsy early carracks sunk, but Qing now has 260k troops on the main British Island!

That gave me broad smile on my face :D

I invaded Ottomans. I invaded Muscovy. I invaded Great britain.

Qing is declaring on all greater powers seperatly, BEFORE the truce with Lithuania and France ends. Last thing we need is a coalition consisting of ALL of the above..

Muscovy has 2 forts.

Some readers might wonder WHY I let Muscovy live for so long.. Well, they colonized entire Siberia now! And NOW I'll make it my territory...
We need to enlarge our QING tag in Asia on the map, after all.

Ok, I frowned when I saw this :confused:

Then I laughed out loud. I once again 'forced' historical friends to rival each other...

If I attack Lithuania, Poland will NOT join now.

GOOD!

It looks like the troops I amassed there will have work soon :cool:

Poland broke alliance, and I deemed it was time to strike France/Lithuania again. I made Colombia (France ally) full co-belligerent also.

*BLITZKRIEG MODE ENABLED*

Lithuania got stomped in their capital.

Austria did an opportunistic attack on France.

Good! Nice diversion.. Note that I didn't have any troops at all inside French territory yet. Focusing on Lithuania first.

Note that Floride didn't gain independence.. Great Britain chilled in London instead of helping them. As usual :rolleyes:

France is already threatening me in the Balkan area..

I baited that stack, and routed them.

Austria went for a stack, and I helped them out.. Wipe :mad:

The leftover stack of Lithuania got dealt with too, and after that Qing started siege with artillery only everywhere. All the rest got sent to France.

Meanwhile, the invasion of Great Britain progressed. The army of Great Britain didn't dare to attack..

I wonder why :rolleyes:

Next coring batch: The Ottomans! I full annexed them for like 98% warscore.. I gave Gujarat a few provinces, and Gujarat now owns a Balkan corridor that severs the rest of Europe from my capital.

I had broad smile on my face again. Full annexation of the Ottomans... I still remember the first war in this AAR versus the Ottomans! OHHHH boy :confused:

My fleet delivered more troops into an occupied fort port of Brazil.

Time to bring the hammer down :mad:

Qing fed the black caimans in the Amazon river again :cool:

Our emperor showed deep admiration of the Amazon ecosystem :p

Yorkshire fort and London fort got occupied, and Qing marched north.

Out of my way, redcoats :mad:

Note that the clothes of my units make them camouflaged in grasslands and woods! Maybe they learned it from the elves in the lake district.

My diplo power pool was nearing the maximum. I can only take influence idea group at admin tech 26, which I don't have yet :confused:

Qing took all diplo levels it could for the minimum cost of 30 per diplo level..

Note that i fired advisors until I got a +3 national tax advisor (admin) and a +3 naval reformer (diplo) advisor. I hired both.

Why? Advisor events. Naval reformer and treasurer +3 advisor can give one time only event to get -10% diplo tech cost for 10 years. With luck, the events will fire soon.

For now, we stick with dip tech 14. 7 dip tech levels for... 210 diplo power ;)

The redcoats got routed.. The forts in Fife and Lothian are only level 4. Shouldn't take long :rolleyes:

Our emperor gambled the 7 lost cities would be somewhere in umm... here :confused:

But he found none. "It doesn't work that way" said a bored advisor.

The emperor put the naval reformer advisor on a raft on the Sao Francisco river. If he could reach the fort estuary Qing took, he could live further ;)

And now the reason why QING is invading America:

Provinces that are former colonies are all worth exactly 0,0% overextension. Qing has SO many - national unrest bonuses that the unrest in the provinces is only 3 to 10% after increasing autonomy.

If Qing converts all the former colony provinces to SUNNI, then the huge "tolerance of the true faith" of QING will put all provinces at NEGATIVE unrest, even WITHOUT a core and WITH seperatism active.

Imagine the possibilities...

Note that the plan is to NEVER make any colonial nations ANYWHERE. I will core a maximum of 4 provinces in each colonial nation, preferably the ones with overextension (the former tribes).

Qing cored the most southern port province, to get coring range into La Plata.

What can France do versus an invasion force of hundreds of thousands? Not much. They stayed motionless in a couple provinces, thinking their flag would camouflage them :rolleyes:

Last edited:

France stack tried to resiege Paris. My reinforcement stack blundered into rebels.. D'oh :oops:

Well, I guess clearing Caux rebels actually worked to my advantage.. The French stack routed to Caux, and I wiped them there ;)

Next up: La Plata. They have 2 forts and maybe 40k troops.

Fun fact: Spain made a NEW colonial nation in South America, after La Plata got independence.. Its called New Spain, in the SW side of south america.

And on the other side of the globe, the war versus Muscovy progressed also.

Fighting wars on all continents at once, taking multiple greater powers at once on..

Han Solo would say: "Hey, it's me! ;)"

After this fight, I sent small stacks to explore that terra incognita.

Important tip:

If you are at war with a nation that is covered by terra incognita, you can explore their provinces with any army by just walking an army stack to the fog covered province. Travel time will be considerably longer, but you do NOT need a conquistador for this "exploring" method..

And that, as they say, is that :)

Austria is still at war with France, but I managed to occupy all forts and most of the provinces..

The ally of France, Columbia, gave me THIS. I couldn't ask more, as they are almost fully occupied in another war.
Oh well :(

Qing army could still walk from Brazil to Mexico. Mexico has 3 forts.

I bet you wonder how much further north I'll walk in this chapter huh :eek:

Lithuania ceded me this. 5 forts and some high development provinces and all the provinces in the Crimea trade node.

Lithuania has exactly 0 forts now ;)

The game boggled trying to spell Qing in that mess of a bordergore. Try to find the Qing tag near Vilnius and laugh :p

Great britain has Island forts on Orkney, Western isles, Fareur and Shetlands. Grmpf :mad:

We need better fleet to invade Fareur and Shetlands. I did manage to siege Orkney, Western isles and entire Ireland.

Just because the naval AI is crap. Why don't they ever split their fleet to guard everything?

And *HOP* to America again. This entire chapter I was hopping from this continent to another, using popups to alert me of this and that.
A good popup configuration can help a player to keep track of 10 wars at once in 5 continents at once so to speak.. It might look cumbersome, but I like it.

Muscovy colonized entire Siberia.. For Qing ;)

Half of Muscovy eaten for 0,0% overextension :eek:

And Mexico gave me most of their former colonized provinces, and 2 bridgehead ports for coring range and CB reasons. The port fort province gives me holy war CB on Haïti, which is in a war versus me also at the moment (kind of losing track here, I think they were ally of Colombia, who I made co-belligerent in French war).

Qing started coring the most southern Mexican province on the east side, only to core the province on the west side right after.

Qing has coring range in ENTIRE America now, north, south and center.

Oh, and Tarascan still exists. I think they had like 10+ DOOMDAYS so far :rolleyes:

Some 100k troops were still busy invading La Plata in the south.

*STOMP*

Note that I am once again FIRST in score! Great Britain took the lead for a few decades there... GRMPF :mad:

Take a look at that fat Qing tag in Asia, after annexing half of Muscovy and the Ottomans.. NICE :cool:

Great Britain ceded a load of territory to Qing:

All colonies in the caribbean, a load of territory in cape good hope trade region (didn't bother to uncover terra incognita there, it can wait), their colonies in the spice isles (made a core there, got holy war on Pasai now). And fort and key provinces in their home turf.

That gave me 100+ prestige, so I FIRST spent all my prestige on placating rulers in vassal subjects, only to do it AGAIN after this peace deal ;)

All vassals have -10% liberty desire by now. Yeah, I been spending all my prestige on it if I get close to 100 I spend it.

I created trade company in cape good hope, and sent the extra merchant to collect in Genoa. Another is collecting in the Baltic, and the last one in Constantinople..

The colonial nations from Great Britain saw their chance, and declared independence :eek:

Guess you won't see this popup a lot o_O

Back to the order of the day. After mexico, Qing invaded Haiti now. They own almost entire caribbean, and they also colonized the Louisiana colonial region.
Haiti has a colonial nation in Colombia colonial region, and named it Haïtian Columbia. How Original :rolleyes:

Haïti has an island fort, a capital fort on their main island, and two forts in Louisiana.

The troops from Mexico marched even FURTHER north, and invaded Louisiana.

Haiti has NO colonial nation in Louisiana.. No clue why not. Who cares.

Qing occupied.. Arkansas o_O

Haïti and Colombia have provinces in north america. Haiti has province in Mexico.

Right.

And yes, that is DUTCH MEXICO. Holland is colonizing Florida and anything they can in mexico..

This is a weird American map indeed :confused:

La Plata gave in, and Qing took ALL their ports :cool:

Qing borders INCA now..

THE YELLOW is spreading :eek:

Hope it it isn't yellow fever..

Note that rebels popped in Brazil and La Plata short after.. But since its al former colonies, the stacks are maybe 6k each.

The plan is to convert ALL of it to SUNNI, and NEVER to make colonial nations..

One downside to this full scale jungle invasion: our monarch died to jungle fever (or was it yellow fever) :(

His heir is a 3/5/5. Qing can enact the "islamitic center of scholarly learning" decision now! The missionary strength and - tech% cost will come in handy.

Ever wondered why QING is always at +3 stability? I spend prestige on 'placating subject ruler' if I get a stab hit, take improve prestige mission right after, and I get +1 stab when I get +- 50 prestige.. Rinse repeat.

Note that you can see here that I sold WU a province that made them border JIN. I'll feed Jin to WU if I ever come around to it.

Haïti got fully occupied, and ceded me all its forts and this corridor. For 0% overextension :rolleyes:

Can you guess what comes next ;)

Well, this. Qing took this from Floride, for 0% overextension. Part of the big French peace deal, by the way.

France also gave me ALL their former colonies on the Gold Coast in Africa.

Looking back, I can admit I totally missed a french fort in the Caribbean, on the island near Brazil (Trinidad) Grmpf. We'll get it later.

France gave me this on their home soil.

Paris is QING territory now! France now has capital in Gascogne, and only has 2 forts left on their home soil :)

Qing took 5 fort provinces.

Qing now has a big presence in each part of America...

The peace deal with France made us go over 50 prestige, and QING got the +1 stability reward ;)

Nice border gore in north America, but we'll remedy that later on :oops:

QING now has almost 10000 development total, after the full scale invasion in America.

I can now safely announce that I am going for a TRUE ONE TAG with QING now, meaning only QING will exist at the end of the campaign, and NO other nations.

That means NO colonial nations either

Is it possible? It will all depend on my ability to integrate my vassals in time.

IF it proves to be possible, I will also go for a complete SUNNI world, including america.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Last edited:
Reactions:
Sunni world? But Netherlands cannot into sunny.

I got your pun immediatly! Yay me!
NlGnw0E.png

Basically that.

(After the rain, there will be more rain.)

To be honest, I think some parts in Great Britain get lot MORE rain then the Netherlands..