• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Let me just say that I (and many if you look at the number of replies here and in your other topics) very much enjoy this type of AAR as well and hope you will not stop making them. It's fine people do other things, but it's good to have you around as well, offering something we may see a little less :)

Reactions:
Let me just say that I (and many if you look at the number of replies here and in your other topics) very much enjoy this type of AAR as well and hope you will not stop making them. It's fine people do other things, but it's good to have you around as well, offering something we may see a little less :)

I Always sort of cringe right before writing a chapter, cause it usually takes 2-4 hours to write, assemble, and post one chapter in an AAR like this. But once I'm beginning, I completely re-live the campaign with the many screenshots and I guess the Ryukyu aar and this AAR were result.

I never expected the community would like AAR based on gameplay screenshots alone.

You are right @Baron Tanks... I looked up how many views I had in my PU guide and the ryukyu aar and this aar, and I was amazed that the first two have quarter million views, and this 30k.

Ryukyu aar is number 4 in eu4 AAR views of all time, after ddrjake ryukyu aar and some interactive mega campaigns.

Err, I suppose that is incentive enough to keep writing more of these AAR ;)

Reactions:
@Frogbait I did my best to go for 'one faith' in this 1.13.2 run, but I suppose I flipped to sunni too late and got mecca/jerusalem too late to convert it all.

One faith as inca? You gonna flip to catholic then?

Regarding doing the ibadi... PATE seems interesting enough. But i will wait for 1.15 probably, to give paradox a chance to smoothen all cossacks changed into their final form.

Glad you like this aar... Wish you did AAR like me (like to read those) but I can understand that the big majority of AAR is now narrative or streaming...

I suppose my way of posting an aar is REALLY old skool. Heck, I never use social media, so I didn't realise at start that most people post their campaign screenshots on other sites then this..

I've always loved these "old school" AARs since I started playing RTW back in the early-mid 2000s. Unfortunately I am not a big fan of writing, but I did marry a woman with an English degree so hmm.... Writing secretary perhaps? :p That said, I am surprisingly a good writer and I do love compliance, so you'd think I would enjoy it.

I was planning to do it as Nauhtl, but I think I just screwed that up by being way too greedy in a French-Portugese war that almost ruined the run. Took a few years to recover from my near bankrupt status. That said, probably for the best. Hindu is the master religion after all. Should probably get that achievement as a Hindu.

And like I said in the TTM thread, your AARs are one of the big things I learned off of and helped me really take an interest in becoming better at this game. You obviously put a lot of time and effort into these and it shows.

I too was very anti-social media. Had a friend of mine finally convince me of the evil that is facebook to give it a shot, enjoyed it for about a year and now I rarely use it. Reddit I browse a lot and I do enjoy it, even though it keeps getting worse with imo stupidity. Still a great site and very helpful for the most part, even if some things parroted there are rather... "unique". Like Quality is the BEST IDEA GROUP EVER (and taking 3-4 military idea groups is optimal) and how Brandenburg is now so incredibly HARD since you can't abuse Poland like old. The quality of this forum is much better than most gaming forums, but there are all sorts of "unique" viewpoints here as well lol.

Reactions:
Posting AARs not on the official Paradox forums? Unnerving! The diversity is pretty great though. And since you are one of the few people that attract the people to gameplay AARs, I think you really should continue these. As you can see, a lot of people like them (including myself!).

And interactive AARs tend to get more views because of their nature anyways.

Written AARs are IMO infinitely better than video AARs for the simple reason that they take nowhere near as much time to read and manage to squash all the enjoyable moments from 15-20hrs of video (or on occassion even longer) into one succinct story/description.

As a heads up Atwix, I decided to compromise. Going to post a brief write up on my progress in the campaign when I post the video. Doing a bit of a summary atm, but next campaign I'll be dedicating the time to do a brief write up on the key points. So not a true AAR, but still should be satisfactory for both parties :)

As a heads up Atwix, I decided to compromise. Going to post a brief write up on my progress in the campaign when I post the video. Doing a bit of a summary atm, but next campaign I'll be dedicating the time to do a brief write up on the key points. So not a true AAR, but still should be satisfactory for both parties :)

heh, don't feel compelled to do so :)

But I sort of buggered @ikkiks into writing an AAR, maybe I can arske you nice as well!

*grin*

Even Tidore and Ternate had to die. Sorry!

South America resisted for a long while. But Qing is simply too strong..

Reach the top, touch the sky, no mountain too high!

Even in the Andes!

Qing had some difficulty aiming their cannons at the troops on top of the mountains :eek:

Nothing too hard to handle though :rolleyes:

Mexico region made a nice color book. But the occupation stripes of QING don't look at borders..

Peru had the LAST fort that fell.

Time to end this.

Qing made peace with everybody.

Full annexation here, full annexation there, full annexation EVERYWHERE!

And then... there was peace :confused:

The one tag is completed!

ALL GLORY TO QING!

But isn't just any one tag :eek:

Its a true one tag, WITHOUT colonial nations, that was supposed to be possible only in very OLD patches.

Well, it IS possible, even in patch 1.13 ;)

Qing is the only nation left alive on the map! WOOT!

Note that I made a true one tag of.... 25182 development total! Beat that ;)

I only managed to get 7x% of the entire world converted. A true religious one tag proved to be impossible. If you try it as catholic nation in 1.14 (for the new achievement), then it will be LOT easier to do this.

31,5% of the world is not cored by Qing, but most of that 31% are uncored former colony provinces.
I didn't need to core those, as converting them to sunni made their revolt risk go under 0%.
And I couldn't core anything in America, to avoid colonial nations.

QING had 550% overextension after annexing America.

I could have killed all rebels, and could have lowered autonomy in the entire WORLD before I annexed everyone..

But I didn't, for a laugh :D

Time for a new campaign goal :eek:

Let's make QING explode :mad:

....wait what? Yeah that's right.

This will be CLOSE o_O

The rebels have only THREE MONTHS left of eglible campaign time before the game shuts down!!!

Oh my god, they did it :eek:

BADAA BOOM BIG BOOM!

Well, that was a nice end for this campaign. First time that I destroy what I painted on the EU4 map ;)

I wonder what crazyness I will do in patch 1.14...

Suggestions welcome.

I hereby conclude this AAR, I hope you all enjoyed it!

Atwix signing off.
Is Kiev,Chernigov and Zaporozhye rebel states ukrainian(ruthenian) states?Also:OMG how a lot of chineese in the world!In Alaska,Ural...really Big Boom!Awesome replay!

Is Kiev,Chernigov and Zaporozhye rebel states ukrainian(ruthenian) states?Also:OMG how a lot of chineese in the world!In Alaska,Ural...really Big Boom!Awesome replay!

no, I think those are result of rebels, that create these 'new' cores, and then break free.

Many nations like that can 'pop'.

And yeah, a LOT of Chinese here; China really boomed... and BADAABOOM BIG BOOM was horrifying/fun to do at the end.

I just did it because people asked to do it with my 1.9.2 Ryukyu AAR at the end :)

Rebels wanted a piece of the gold rush in Barguzin. Access denied :mad:

Nepal formed, out of Tibet. They have very good national traditions, they take religious as first idea group, and they are hindu. They usually switch to theocracy once they fill religious ideas.

This makes them an excellent vassal to feed entire hindu India to.

So, let’s attack them. Pity they aren’t theocracy yet :(

Easy war. I attacked Sarig Yogir before this peace deal, to make sure I can attack them with tribal feud cb or unify china cb. Why? Because Yue is their ally. I waited until Yue truce was gone, and attacked. I set Yue as full co-belligerent.

Meanwhile, I started a war versus Timurids. Crimea had allied them, and I occupied them first again :p

An overview of the situation, after my vassal Chagatai integrated. I know I know, messy :oops:

Timurids hardly made an effort to stop me. Oh well :rolleyes:

I miss the old days sometimes from before common sense.. At least then the AI attacked more while you carpet sieged.

On the other hand, common sense eradicated the need to micro manage carpet sieging and looting etc. That’s a good thing.

Crimea ceded me some more provinces.

The ally of Sarig Yogir got stomped. Yue got wiped off the map, and Wu ate them.

Poland invaded Kazan. But I’m first! Poland actually took provinces southeast of Lithuania, and cored them. I guess this means you can core provinces right next to PU subject cores aswell if they are in same continent?

Sarig Yogir got full annexed. Ugly borders galore. I know :oops:
Tyn is now ukrainian Luhansk.Well,your conquest of Ukraine started from Donbass.

Tyn is now ukrainian Luhansk.Well,your conquest of Ukraine started from Donbass.

To be honest, I know all the 'old' names of provinces and cities now. I can answer where what is located thanks to this game. But don't ask me where Luhansk or Donbass lies, I wouldn't have known.

Typical eu4 consequence, I guess...

Hope to see you reading my new AAR in Jangladesh also ;)

Since it seems smartphone users can't read my inkwell in signature..

I'll post it here for reference to my other AAR and guides.

EU4 patch 1.18 HAIDA sunset invasion on very hard mode ONGOING AAR: Visit the American natives!
EU4 patch 1.17 JANGLADESH on very hard mode one tag AAR: Visit Jangladesh!
EU4 patch 1.15 NAXOS one faith, one tag catholic crusader AAR: Visit the crusaders!
EU4 patch 1.13 YEREN into Qing true one tag (no CN, also no razing) AAR: For the horde!
EU4 patch 1.09 RYUKYU one tag AAR: The Three mountains!

EU4 Royal marriage, personal union and claim throne guide: Read Guide
EU4 Coalition handling guide: Read Guide