• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Disqualified haha :D
Without any information I would get 0 votes and I sent those PM's before you said it wasn't accepted to spread your AAR in the forums. You said that it wasn't allowed to advertise your AAR 4 days after the opening of this thread. How could I known it wasn't allowed when you didn't say that in the beginning?
Oh well who cares...

TekcoR, great job and very brave of you to set up this contest but with judges who doesn't judge and later a strange voting thread, the whole contest become failed (no offense to you TekcoR).

Congratulations to the winners! :cool:

Last edited:
Too bad that my nick is spelled incorrect in the announcement .

Mine too, I was called glvirki or something :). But you Tekcor had a lot of nicks to remember, you are bound to get some wrong.

Great contest btw. I am just glad that I joined it even though I got no vote and most of the judges failed you Tekcor.

Likewise, though I am delighted that I won this contest, I still believe that it would have been better if the judges hadn't bail out on TekcoR.

Also, congratulations to the other winners and all participents.

I can confirm Lighthearter's tallying is correct. Below is the first place winner, congratulations Soulking. Since we have a 3 way tie for second place, I have some additional reading I need to do before announce 2nd and 3rd place winners (for the prizes). Stay tuned!

1st Place
We are outnumbered by Soulking: 5

2nd Place - 3 Way Tie
Yin, Yang and the Ugly by knul: 4
Republic of Russia: A Novogorod DW AAR by Avindian: 4
The Countdown begins to destroy us all..., by Lighthearter: 4

Remaining Entries
Penguin Classics: A History of the Vandals - by Alfred Packer: 3
The Star of New Orleans: A Louisiana AAR, by AllmyJames: 3
Duchy of Dioclea: it's a million-to-one chance, but it might just work! - by Cornelius Rex: 3

The Genghisid Imperial Family, A Golden Horde AAR - by Scholar: 2
The Governator by Monnikje: 2

Always WAAR - A British Always War AAR by TheCheeseMaster: 1
Teutonic Dreams - A Germany 1936 HPP - by TheBromgrev: 1
Arsenal of Righteousness by BigBadBob: 1
Listening to Donitz by umg: 1

Disqualified - Violated Judging or Contest Rules
Bloody Snow - A Finland AAR with WiF - by Hax: 5
Hordes of Evil: Italy WiF AAR - by Hax: 4

>_____>

My entry still qualifies as a "remaining entry" even though it received 0 votes...

Also, I would greatly appreciate some feedback as well (Iain Wilson :p) seeing as that was the main reason why I entered this contest.

Also, I would greatly appreciate some feedback as well (Iain Wilson :p) seeing as that was the main reason why I entered this contest.

Right, I've added you to my list.

TheBromGrove - your feedback is with you. Lighthearter, you're next!

Hi guys,

For those of you interested in getting feedback on your work, please take a look at the latest entry on the Guess the Author thread. This is a brilliant initiative that can really help you improve as an author (if you're willing to be critqued by the masses that is!).

Or, if you don't fancy writing something yourself, please help out the people who submit an entry and offer a brief critique of what they've written. I entered last round and found the remarks that others' posted to be enormously helpful.

Cheers!

Iain

Some updates:

It was a tough decision on choosing between the 3 way tie that occurred with these entries:

Yin, Yang and the Ugly by knul: 4
Republic of Russia: A Novogorod DW AAR by Avindian: 4
The Countdown begins to destroy us all..., by Lighthearter: 4

But after much decision and reading, I have made my decision and came up with winners!

2nd Place goes to: Republic of Russia: A Novogorod DW AAR by Avindian

3rd Place goes to:The Countdown begins to destroy us all..., by Lighthearter

As far as an update on prizes, I am waiting on Kallocain to get back to myself to award the extra Paradox prizes and awaiting a response from Gamergate's representative.

Just a quickie for all of those I have promised feedback to; rest assured that I have not forgotten you! Things have got very hectic in real life, but I've more or less finished Lighthearter's which I should HOPEFULLY have over to him today and then I'll move onto the rest!

Cheers,

Iain

Just a quickie for all of those I have promised feedback to; rest assured that I have not forgotten you! Things have got very hectic in real life, but I've more or less finished Lighthearter's which I should HOPEFULLY have over to him today and then I'll move onto the rest!

Cheers,

Iain
I don't suppose you can promise me feedback? I'd love to hear some.