World War Wednesday - today (13th) @14:30CEST

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hungary! Nice, but how do you plan to set up a naval combat? Are you sure you're gonna take your "Terra Irredenta"?

He'll start with Japan in the old build and switch to Hungary in the new build after naval action.

You really picked Hungary over countries like the Soviet Union, Italy, France, Romania, Turkey, or Yugoslavia?

Yes, show us the civil war mechanics by attempting to switch to democratic/communist, please.

I'm pretty sure smaller countries like Hungary, civil war is very unlikely. A bloodless coup is much more likely.

Great pic, cant wait to see today's episode.

Reactions:
If this is on "historical" mode, non-historical mode must be pretty crazy then :eek:

Reactions:
The "attack preview" for the plan against Czechoslovakia showed an advance starting in Slovakia and then rolling up towards Prague, but when Daniel executed the plan his divisions were attacking all along the front at the same time.
Was there something not working as intended here or am I misreading the attack preview?

Reactions:
Awesome stream but It is really too short

HOI4 stream is VERY good but one hour is not long enough its unfair Stellaris gets double the time :(

Also more Hungary

Reactions:
Awesome stream but It is really too short

HOI4 stream is VERY good but one hour is not long enough its unfair Stellaris gets double the time :(

Also more Hungary

Agreed, Hungary was really fun to see actually! But it feels a bit unrealistic that a medium/small sized nation could be so powerful like that.. Feels like more locally some nations would get upset and intervene.

Reactions:
Haven't been able to catch it, was the stream good? What happened in it?

Da9L showed us a little bit of naval combat between his italian fleet and a french fleet. Then he switches to a new game with Hungary and annexed first Austria then Tchecoslovakia. Next WWW he'll attack Yugoslavia then maybe Romania. Nothing very new but it's funny to see that even small minor countries can achieve something.

Da9L showed us a little bit of naval combat between his italian fleet and a french fleet. Then he switches to a new game with Hungary and annexed first Austria then Tchecoslovakia. Next WWW he'll attack Yugoslavia then maybe Romania. Nothing very new but it's funny to see that even small minor countries can achieve something.
Allright, cool! Did he show the generic tree? Was it a 36 start?

Can the devs please explain the fascist change? The stream was not at all clear.

So fascists can no longer declare war with bordering nations if they are already at war?
What is it replaced with? Or do fascists just lose a bonus?
And doesn't this not really work well since Germany really could just attack pretty much anyone

The comment in the stream was confusing, just looking to udnerstand

Can the devs please explain the fascist change? The stream was not at all clear.

So fascists can no longer declare war with bordering nations if they are already at war?
What is it replaced with? Or do fascists just lose a bonus?
And doesn't this not really work well since Germany really could just attack pretty much anyone

The comment in the stream was confusing, just looking to udnerstand

We will change it, when we have decided exactly how, we'll tell you :)

Reactions:
How does the armament effort tree work for non majors?

Is it random where the military factories are added? does the 4 armament effort national focuses - disperse it all out? For example, China it would make no sense to do that path if all the military factories are added to North China, because then Japan will just snatch it up on day 1. So how does it work?

You really picked Hungary over countries like the Soviet Union, Italy, France, Romania, Turkey, or Yugoslavia?.

That was my first thought as well, but on reflection it's a smart move. The forum wanted this that and the other, but was united as one in its indifference to Hungary. So now, folks are much more likely to just watch and learn objectively, without all the drama and emotional investment that would have followed if he'd picked something more obvious.

Reactions:
That was my first thought as well, but on reflection it's a smart move. The forum wanted this that and the other, but was united as one in its indifference to Hungary. So now, folks are much more likely to just watch and learn objectively, without all the drama and emotional investment that would have followed if he'd picked something more obvious.

I hope you're right. I haven't seen the Stream yet, but I hope it's just as interesting as if they did a major power.