Will it be possible to commit genocide in EU5?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As long as it's realistic, i.e. religiously-motivated expulsions and crusades, hordes razing cities, etc., stuff that actually happened. I really don't want meme buttons to kill pops based on culture when that simply didn't happen in the game's timeframe.

Reactions:
Some of you need a chill pill. Beyond the fact that this would cause a PR nightmare, we're also talking about a game based on reality. Stellaris is on another degree of abstraction, no one identifies with the bird people you decided to kill off, but posting pictures on reddit or whatever korean basketweaving forum you may browse about how you slaughtered a culture that is still alive today would be gross.

And furthermore beyond that, I don't know of any instance of intentional, systemic genocide before the 19th century. There were pogroms, cultural genocide, expulsions and enslavement, but not genocide as the systematic killing of peoples. States did not have the capability or need to do this.
If youre going to say basketweaving forum, then why be opposed to gsg memes? Will german unification be banned in PC because of grossgermanium spamming?

• 3Like
Reactions:
As long as it's realistic, i.e. religiously-motivated expulsions and crusades, hordes razing cities, etc., stuff that actually happened. I really don't want meme buttons to kill pops based on culture when that simply didn't happen in the game's timeframe.
Who’s going to tell him the bad news.