• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did you put the germanic and the tengri holy sites because won't tengri be able to reform immediately, if they have their regular holy sites, after they get the piety. And the Germans also have a big blob under their power, are all the holy sites inside that blob?

Also for the events I'm working on, a Zealous Pagan leader can go overboard, becoming a Reactionary Leader, which is beloved by his fellow pagans, but hated by Christians, and halting technology. Finally, there are more trait tied decisions to these events.
At this point in time I don't think that reactionary would halt tech progress, just make it go in a different way. Also, at this point in time there were still a few Babylonians and Assyrians running around practicing ancient babylonianism.

No Christianity=no convent. Simple as that. Besides that, I thought noble women can choose whether they go to a convent or not.

Yes but I mean more that they should not be able to remarry after the death of their first husband, and in case that they are catholic they should be forced into convent as it historically happened. Amongst the merovingian nobility it was common to send our all claima<nts or brothers to a convent and it was actuallt there that the last member of the dynasty was sent before dying without heirs.

For the traits here is my little to-do list ( I will not have much time this week):
  • Disdain for religion- with the try to make events
  • Tolerance for religion- What religions have you added?
  • Legacy of rome-trait with try to make events
  • Taking a look at diffrent bloodlines
  • Taking a look at what traits VIET adds and Lux Invicta (do I have the permission to do so?)

Last edited:
Do we have to go with the theme system, as I personally don't consider it inevitable, at least if byz has aeggyptus controlled?

I think we decided to base it on the power-position the the Byzantines have, like if they go below position 10, they lose the legions?

And if anyone have any suggestion on traits I can do that too.

I think we decided to base it on the power-position the the Byzantines have, like if they go below position 10, they lose the legions?

Better to use realm size.

Thank you, I will take a look at those together with the two mods that already adds similar traits. Enlil, could I ask for permission to use those?

Thank you, I will take a look at those together with the two mods that already adds similar traits. Enlil, could I ask for permission to use those?

Are most of these blood lines fabricated? I mean the blood line of most individuals on this list died out long before 480.

Are most of these blood lines fabricated? I mean the blood line of most individuals on this list died out long before 480.

Proabably, but that doesn´t stop some rulers from claiming decent anyway

3 suggestions in no particular order:
1. For Slavic flags - there is a semi-legendary notion of two tribal unions - Ravens and Falcons, maybe this can be used.
2. Slavic, Celtic, Baltic and Finnish pagans in a coastal provinces should start with decent shipbuilding and ability to raid by the sea. Despite pop-culture claims to Norse superiority, every of this tribes raided everyone else, and Denmark, for example, was subject to Baltic Slavs' raids until 12th century.
3. Slavic women inherited their father's land, if there were no sons. Plus on gavelkind succession, the widow of landowner got part of lands, not sure if this should be implemented, though.

I can try to compile a list of Slavic names for different places by tomorrow, if there's need.

OK, so here's my (very, very early) code for creating the Legio I Italica.
Code:
	organize_legio_i_italica = {
		is_high_prio = yes
		potential = {
			has_landed_title = e_byzantium
			has_landed_title = e_wre
			is_female = no
			prisoner = no
			age = 16
			completely_controls = k_annonaria
			NOT = { has_global_flag = legio_i_italica_founded }
		}
		allow = {
			wealth = 2000
		}
		effect = {
			set_global_flag = legio_i_italica_founded
			prestige = 300
			wealth = -2000
			activate_title = { title = d_legio_i_italica status = yes }
			hidden_tooltip = {
				create_character = {
					random_traits = yes
					religion = nicene_christian
					culture = roman
					dynasty = NONE
					female = no
					age = 34
					trait = skilled_tactician
				}
				new_character = {
					d_legio_i_italica = {
						grant_title = PREV
					}
					set_defacto_liege = e_byzantium
				}
			}
		}
		ai_will_do = {
			factor = 1
		}
	}
Sorry about the slow progress, I've had some things on and I couldn't really get time to work on it.

Last edited:
Should it not be allowed for the WRE too?

At this point in time I don't think that reactionary would halt tech progress, just make it go in a different way. Also, at this point in time there were still a few Babylonians and Assyrians running around practicing ancient babylonianism.

No, I'm saying that choosing to remain super traditional will halt tech growth. Perhaps reactionary isn't the best term.

And what do you mean about babylonianism?

norse_pagan -----------> Germanic Pagan

By the time I realized I had to split it up, I had already made the mod, so Norse Paganism is now creatively named, viking_pagan.

Steppe Paganism is just Tengri Paganism. I just called it Steppe on the AAR for art-y-ness.

Changing norse_pagan to viking_pagan might be a bit problematic, no? Because then you have to change all the vanilla events, decisions, CBs, etc. that refer to norse_pagan. And it can break compatibility with other mods that people might want to run alongside yours (or that you might want to integrate at some point).

If I were you I'd find a way to batch process all the mod files and replace norse_pagan with germanic_pagan, and change viking_pagan back to norse_pagan.

Status
Not open for further replies.