• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So the Tremere Faction is called "The Newcomers" (first thought i don´t like the name) and its leader is not Elif and also not Strauss.
The Leader is “Professor” Viktor Goga.
https://www.bloodlines2.com/en/the-newcomers
Elif is meeting with thin bloods in public venues to arrange for dirty work to be done. That painted her as middle management from the beginning. Strauss is a loyal member of the Camarilla. His opposition to LaCroix in BL1 stemmed from LaCroix not acting in the Camarilla's best interest. His ending is called the Camarilla ending because he's clearly a Camarilla partisan.

My money on the independent (no faction if you wish) option.

Same as it was with clans ... fist clan is also Thinblood ... wich mean no clan.

I don't know. That sound more of an ending that a proper faction. Just like in Bloodlines I when the fledgling choose the no faction ending and screws everyone. My favorite ending by the way.

I prefer to think that the Sword of Caine will raise again. #LetsmakeSabbathgreratagain :p

My money on the independent (no faction if you wish) option.

Same as it was with clans ... fist clan is also Thinblood ... wich mean no clan.
Now that we've seen all the main 4 factions from the demo, I'm guessing that the 5th might not be a playable one.
Could be the antagonist. The Sabbat or something new.

So the Tremere Faction is called "The Newcomers" (first thought i don´t like the name)

You may not like the name but is a very fitting one, they literally are, as a clan, newcomers to the city. The Tremere have always have been that person with power that Camarilla needs to do things but they dislike still. I really want to see that love/hate relationship in the game again :)

I disagree Strauss could have make sense but you have to consider the V5 Events. After the fall of Vienna and the Pyramid the Tremere have lost quite a lot.
Yes Strauss was/is loyal to Camarilla but he is more loyal to his clan. ;)
Also you should consider that tiny fact, that he had no choise until V5 ... for now, there is no blood bond between himself and his supperiors anymore.
I am not saying this would have to be the case, but honestly i will not be suprised if he now see some opourtunity and take it ... also there is kinda sweet revenge for all those years when he was humble, loyal, and effective servant ... with ho chance for reward.

You may not like the name but is a very fitting one, they literally are, as a clan, newcomers to the city.
They really are ... the question here is if they call "newcomers" themselves ... or are called that way from others.

You know ... like, "ulcerfaces" is also pretty fitting name for nosferatu, but i doubt that is the name they will present to the others. :)

My money is still on something malkavian because
Pioneers = Toreador
Camarilla = Ventrue
Baron = Brujah
Newcomers = Tremere

Therefore
??? = Malkavian
I had the same feeling before ... but since Baron was revealed, i dont see it as Brujah faction. :-/

Brujah seem to me like something between Anarchist and Revolucionarist ... not shadowy mafian with emissaries, surrounded by thugs and drug dealers. :-/
To be completely honest, if i have to choose from so far revealed factions where will my Brujah feel best ... it will be probably Pioneers. (Yes i kinda like archetypical characters.)
Bcs their philosophy "we were here first, we dont want anyone came here to manage and change anything" seem to me very simmilar to main philosophy of Anarchs in BL1.

I don´t deny that name won´t fit but its dull. Realy Newcomers?!? Pyramid or something else Tremere related would be much cooler and subtile.
Agreed.

I don´t deny that name won´t fit but its dull. Realy Newcomers?!? Pyramid or something else Tremere related would be much cooler and subtile.

I agree but read what @RagnarokCzD said:

They really are ... the question here is if they call "newcomers" themselves ... or are called that way from others.

Newcomers can be a name the Pioneers, for a example, give to the newcomers Tremere. I for one will suppose the Tremere call themselves Tremere. No offense but the Malks surely would have think of a better name :p

You know ... like, "ulcerfaces" is also pretty fitting name for nosferatu, but i doubt that is the name they will present to the others. :)

In fact the Nosferatu are the only clan that i think will use a degrading name given to them as a faction name. A coterie of Toreadores will never call themselves "Poseurs" or a bunch of Ventrue "blue-bloods". The Nosfy as aware as they are of what they are enjoy more using their aspect and sense of humor to mock the other clans. So i can see a "Ulcerfaces" named faction of nosferatus :)

Personally, I like that the Pyramid isn't led by Strauss. Don't get me wrong, he was really cool as a character. But I want Bloodlines 2 to stand on its own two feet and create comparably interesting characters, hopefully "the Professor" will be one of them :)

No but the Baron (faction overall and not the Baron him or herself) description fits more with the Brujah than every other clan. For me the Baron is still the Brujah Faction but it could change with we know more about the 5th.

I'm not so sure about that. Man behind the mirror few know what he looks like favor merchant and all that, that doesn't exactly sound like standard Brujah m.o. to me.

There is nothing wrong in using and continue on an already established character. Bloodlines 2 is a sequel. Not a direct but a sequel.
I simply don't agree, sequels don't need to slavishly pine after their predecessors. A reference or two? Absolutely, that's fine. But sequels should be about blazing new ground, and that's especially true about games like Vampire where the focus is on the setting of the World of Darkness instead of any specific character arcs.

Not to mention if the devs feel so unsure about their quality of work that they feel the need to dump old characters in major roles then it would just be sad, I want them to be confident enough in their work that they make new characters instead of retreating back into the comforting safety of the old.

I guess it depends on the context. I don't mind returning characters, provided they have a reason to be there. A few easter eggs and call-backs are fine as well (i.e, News Anchor). Of course, fleshed-out individuals we already know are "better" for some people because there's a sense of familiarity with them but if we don't give others a chance, we could be missing out. It's kinda like sticking only to the food you know - if you don't expand your horizons every once in a while then how do you know X won't become your next favorite thing?

While this game shares a similar title (and is a direct sequel) doesn't mean it has to be a carbon copy of its predecessor. If one game happened in the US and the other in Europe, you probably wouldn't expect most of the cast to show up but since Bloodlines 2 is still set in the United States, some of you are clinging to the hope of seeing the old crew back. I don't blame you, some of those characters were affable and memorable... but LA to Seattle is still a fair distance and unless they had pretty good reasons or were the traveling sort (like Beckett) chances of seeing them again are diminished. And let's be honest, favoritism aside, some of the NPCs in BL1 weren't that relevant to be brought back... fan-service should only go so far. Sorry.

I'm not saying it's impossible but I wouldn't hinge my bets on it.

Last edited:
In LA by Night Strauss is in LA and still working for the camarilla. So since LA by Night is apparently canon, it wouldn't really make sense to have strauss commuting to seattle to run a new faction that rivals the camarilla there.