• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Theoretically there are still some unscanned people left but with Elowen as Euro's chosen scapegoat it's pretty obvious he was lying.

Vote Euro

Good game. It has been a pleasure voting you again.

Has that big game started yet? I missed this place.

aedan and EURO in a pack together, undone by one scanny boi. Such is life.

vote EURO

at least until someone tells me to vote aedan instead...

OF0nAvA.jpg

• 9Haha
Reactions:
Day 5/Night 6

Caillean the Stalinist was hung
Elowen the villager was.hunted
Lol well then things are simple enough. Euro is solved scum and saved Caillean yesterday by timing his "outing" super well and got a good townie lynched.

Vote Euro
Vote Euro

I'd like to go ahead and call upon Aedan and Euro to surrender!

Aedan was scanned last night as a Stalinist, and Euro is pretty obviously evil at this point, even if he is unscanend!
Mmm, ok, I'm ready to believe that.

Replying more for the sake of getting used to how the site's meta works than because the game pretty much solves itself at this point lol, the Seer was alive for too long for wolves to win ^^ lynches are Euro into Aedan into GG WP (assuming alxeu didn't lie about the scan on Aedan, but I don't think he has a reason to lie since the JL would probably be big enough to instantly call him out and get him lynched if he did).
Why don’t we ask Dedonus
OH WAIT!
rofl
I highly doubt the wolves "knew", though he undoubtedly posed a danger to them with his analysis. I don't think it's particularly important - Alynkio, Dedonus, and Alexue know how Justice Leagues work. I highly doubt they leaked that kind of information to anyone behind the screens. And their actions in-game, especially by going after Chieron, probably spoke for themselves.

Yeah, me too. But it didn't feel that inane - he asked me about Yakman, who send him a PM at the start of the game.
And you know what? Yakman actually did contact me, though the conversation I had with him was brief and can be summarized as "hey, me villager!" to which I replied "hey, me too!"
But in his case it apparently was "hey, I told Chieron I am the seer!" which .. is a tad more relevant, given that it happened right before the wolves ate him.

WIFOM? What does that acronym stand for?
Still think he's town, Marshall?

That would be amusing. In our meta we have this tendency to follow outings unless we have an excruciatingly good reason not to. In hindsight, Euro timed this perfectly. Had he given the village more time to think this through it was not impossible Dedonus' would be able to get his JL claim backed up and steered the lynch away from him.
As it was, the votes won't tell you much. The reactions however .. who knows, but I do note your tells don't have a spectacular track record so far ;-)
You did call Caillean correctly apparently though, I'll give you that.

They do that a lot because they can get away with it. Besides, advocating vocally can backfire. After all, if you're so sure, how exactly do you know?

That seems obvious now, doesn't it?

What do you think about Elowen after all this?
And what about the rest of the village?
Seeing how we're dancing on a knife's edge and anyone can die tonight, we should start going over the evidence with a fine comb. I doubt we're going to get much more of it after this, since with two known wolves the third won't hesitate for a second to give them up.

Given Alxeu is apparently Justice League he may have had behind the screens information on Agatha. I guess that explains the hunt on Agatha, but this remark *also* makes *you* more suspicous since you clearly picked up on it while not everyone else may have.

Given the information that Caillean is a wolf, how does that change your view?
More like post-game banter/theory chat, but I feel like doing it because why not:

Yeah okay, Euro truly was a strange beast and I underestimated how weird he would be :p.

Okay, outings are more like gospel here, interesting.

Hey, "my" tells just weren't adapted to the meta yet, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it later! Or well, I hope so. Plus, as someone said before, behavioral tells are not an exact science, but they're still highly useful.

I have really strong doubts on the theory stating that early piling up without a reason and actually resulting in a lynch is common. That will inevitably be very suspicious when later votecount analysis is done. Yes, there's WIFOM to it (wasn't sure whether that was a common term here, but here's the scene DeathNote nicely talked about), but it doesn't mean it's a likely strategy. The fact it's not a likely strategy is the very reason for which WIFOM enables it in strange plays. It remains rare, though, and that shouldn't change too much over site metas.

I had not noticed we were at mislynch-and-lose yesterday. Oops. Nevertheless, lynching both Caillean and Elowen would have been a safe shot (at least one of them was definetly scum), and would have resulted in the current solve we have, while lynching only one of them opened the possibility of missing one scum lynch if they were both scum, or even worse, lynching only the townie and losing lol.

Pointing out someone has TMI is not indicative of having TMI yourself at all... it is the first time I hear this reasoning and hopefully the last time too ;-) (okay maybe that's a bit of a harsh roast xD). In all seriousness, that's not the kind of info you get from being scum. I concede the meta of townies PMing eachother makes TMI a completely different deal, though, which I hadn't considered back then.

Replying more for the sake of getting used to how the site's meta works than because the game pretty much solves itself at this point lol, the Seer was alive for too long for wolves to win ^^ lynches are Euro into Aedan into GG WP (assuming alxeu didn't lie about the scan on Aedan, but I don't think he has a reason to lie since the JL would probably be big enough to instantly call him out and get him lynched if he did).

rofl

More like post-game banter/theory chat, but I feel like doing it because why not:

Yeah okay, Euro truly was a strange beast and I underestimated how weird he would be :p.

Hey, "my" tells just weren't adapted to the meta yet, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it later! Or well, I hope so. Plus, as someone said before, behavioral tells are not an exact science, but they're still highly useful.

I have really strong doubts on the theory stating that early piling up without a reason and actually resulting in a lynch is common. That will inevitably be very suspicious when later votecount analysis is done. Yes, there's WIFOM to it (wasn't sure whether that was a common term here, but here's the scene DeathNote nicely talked about), but it doesn't mean it's a likely strategy. The fact it's not a likely strategy is the very reason for which WIFOM enables it in strange plays. It remains rare, though, and that shouldn't change too much over site metas.

I had not noticed we were at mislynch-and-lose yesterday. Oops. Nevertheless, lynching both Caillean and Elowen would have been a safe shot (at least one of them was definetly scum), and would have resulted in the current solve we have, while lynching only one of them opened the possibility of missing one scum lynch if they were both scum, or even worse, lynching only the townie and losing lol.

Pointing out someone has TMI is not indicative of having TMI yourself at all... it is the first time I hear this reasoning and hopefully the last time too ;-) (okay maybe that's a bit of a harsh roast xD). In all seriousness, that's not the kind of info you get from being scum. I concede the meta of townies PMing eachother makes TMI a completely different deal, though, which I hadn't considered back then.

Meta here is mostly gained by information obtained by previous players that is specific to the player themselves. Some of it is frowned upon on some level, but we all do it as the group here is smaller and tight knit. I haven't playing this game very long, so I miss several players tells. Last game or the game before the people who have been playing for years knew Panzer was a wolf. I on the other hand thought he was for sure a villager. Some players have a reputation for being completely erratic and impossible to figure out. Euro is a good example. I'm not going to spoil the surprise as who else in on the list. The exciting thing is when people use their reputation to their advantage and pull a move that isn't usually in character for them. Again I'd argue Euro is a good example this too.

There is also a meta for lack of better term on what players seem to latch on to here and what gets you lynched quickly. Part of the fun for me at least is discovering it and seeing how the interactions work but that's me personally. Some players are pretty open in sharing what some of those are and others not so much. I'm not sure if that's part of the fun for you so I'll refrain from saying anything.

Outings for some people here are gospel. I'm definitely not in that crowd.

Reactions:
Surrender

Aedan the Stalinist and EURO the Stalinist surrendered and were hauled away to a gulag by the KGB.

Winners:
alxeu the KGB officer
randy the commie
Arky the commie
Marshall the commie

• 1Love
Reactions:
I thought it might be possible alxeu had come out as the seer after Euro's outing. Dedonus claiming to be in contact with the seer and alxeu claiming Dedonus was unscanned didn't add up. But it would've been very risky and elowen also had some seerish activity, and the rest of the pack had considered her seer at one point or another, which I'd opposed, but came to fear I had been misguided yesterday. It came down to a decision between elowen and alxeu for me, and I felt odds were slightly better for elowen being the seer. Alas.

I was a little intimidated by what I've heard about Euro's reputation in this game, but in hindsight, I had him read correctly from the start of day 3. Prior to day 3, I was completely off on everything, mostly being suspicious of Panzer, Alynkio, and alxeu. But when Panzer turned out to be innocent, I was scanned for my role in saving Chieron and brought into the JL, where I learned Chireon was a scanned wolf. With one wolf in context, I looked back over Day 2 and noticed the non-serious votes on aedan by Caillean and Euro that I got mixed up in, plus the throwaway vote on Euro from Chieron day 1, combined with Cailelan and aedan both defending Chieron on day 2 and Euro never landing on him, plus aedan immediately focusing on me over Caillean at the start of day 3... I saw a pattern of non-serious, non-threatening votes going on between the four of them that I didnt see elsewhere, and they became my primary suspects.

I think we had the pack solved and would have won even if alxeu had been hunted, and while a first game win would have been cool, I'm happy to have died so that my KGB Colonel could live. :)

I enjoyed my first game of werewolf! Thank you for running it, Wagonlitz, and also to all the players!

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
They generally ste followed because, unless we're at parity, then fake outings are a death sentence. If you fake out yoy get lynched the next day. So they only really make sense if you can win that same day, or if you're gonna get lynched anyway.

And outings from frontrunner often are viewed with some suspicion for that reasons.

But if you're bit in danger and it's not parity, then you outing somebody will be followed unless that somebody can do a good defense. Which is almost impossible unless they're JL and can prove it.
Yes, there's WIFOM to it
Still not sure what that means.

Anyway, if its making "weird" votes and then explaining your reasoning, especially when asked, then that happens all the time here.
Why wouldn't a wolf explain their reasoning for making a vote?

Goodies generally don't want to point out such things as the wolves.might have missed it.
Thiugh it clearly depends on the situation. But if you think somebody knew too much in a way which could be JL/etc. Tben you keep shut if you're a goodie.
alxeu claiming Dedonus was unscanned
Deo never was scanned. Neithrr was Alynkio or randy.
Alxeu contacted all three, claing seer.

Also, I'm amazed Euro loved that long given how Pnzer was ate thr very night after he claimed seer to Euro.

I enjoyed my first game of werewolf! Thank you for running it, Wagonlitz, and also to all the players!
Glad you enjoyed it. Hope to see you around again.

I’ll be honest here, I did not expect Marshmellow Marshal to be a goodie. I guess it’s just me not being used to how they play.

Still not sure what that means.
Wine in front of me is a dilemma where you have to predict whether a player made the best choice for their game or an unexpected choice that might not be as good but may catch others off guard. An example would be if you, me, happycats, and Panzer were the last four players in a game going into night. You and happy are cleared and you suspect me and happy suspects Panzer. During the night, happy dies. You now must figure out if Panzer just made the best play of killing his accuser or if I chose to kill happy hoping you would blame Panzer for it.

Wine in front of me is a dilemma where you have to predict whether a player made the best choice for their game or an unexpected choice that might not be as good but may catch others off guard. An example would be if you, me, happycats, and Panzer were the last four players in a game going into night. You and happy are cleared and you suspect me and happy suspects Panzer. During the night, happy dies. You now must figure out if Panzer just made the best play of killing his accuser or if I chose to kill happy hoping you would blame Panzer for it.
Ah. I'd look at other evidence, as both situations would be very likely.

Not sure how that applies to Euro, though. His votes weren't like that. Or are we talking about the outing? Because if so then it doesn't fit at all as it was a good move when two wolves are being strung up.

The real reason outings are (almost) always followed here is because you need to be alive at the end of a game to count as having won it. In a game where you win with your pack then a fake outing to win time could make sense a lot more often, because sure they will kill you the next day but you can still win if you hurt the village enough. Not so here.

So usually outings are only dangerous to follow on the last/parity day. However there are some ways to make them work on the penultimate day as happened here:

- Contact hapless villager to do your fake outing for you, hunt said villager at night.
Pros: - villager lynched, day wasted, no trace leading back to you
Cons: - very risky, because you could contact a JL member or the person you contacted could tell someone else their source before they die

- Contact hapless villager to do your fake outing for you, don't hunt them at night
Pros: - now it doesn't matter if they told on you, because they can't prove their innocence by dying. It becomes a he said/she said scenario where you have a little bit of an advantage because people feel betrayed by the outer
Cons: - same risk of contacting JL villager, risk of the village finding your PMs too credible after publishing

- Out someone yourself, the next day pretend someone contacted you to do it (what Euro did here)
Pros: - the same as the last situation from the village's point of view, but you can forge PMs to make yourself a bit more credible
Cons: - fails if the person you choose to place the blame on was in the JL (as happened here)

I'd like to give credit to Yakman, who pointed me towards the first wolf before the game ever began:

hi! I'm a villager. Are you a villager?

I know not of this villager of which you speak! I am a good Communist Proletarian!

Keep an eye out for the Stalinists in our midst, Comrade! They wish to do harm to our glorious Soviet!

i told @Chieron that i am the seer.

That'll be fun! If you suddenly die horribly, I shall be sure to avenge you, Comrade!

i told @randakar that you are a werewolf.

Well, if he acts on that fabricated information, be sure to avenge me!

After he died that night, I scanned Chieron and found he was a wolf.

A good chunk of the people I was in contact with during the game were not scanned.

I PMed Dedonus to try and coordinate a save on him, I PMed Alynkio to try and coordinate my survival and Chieron's death on Day 2, I PMed Randy because he seemed good and because I was curious about what Yakman had said, and I PMed Euro to try and gain information.

I knew Panzer had messaged him, but was trying to ascertain why his movements went everywhere but Chieron. I was inclined to believe in Euro at the time, and had even offered him a way out of death, when he tied with Caillean (that was, to join a snipe with me onto Caillean).

So yeah, me openly being the "seer-contact" was just one in a long list of things I'd done that should've gotten me hunted.

I really wondered if the wolves would hunt me thinking I was the seer in the last day but I told Caillean at some point I was really happy about not being scanned or eaten yet ;)

@Yakman why did you tell Alxeu you told me he was a Werewolf? You did no such thing, so why?