• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Really thought you were talking about some weird Werewolf tournament hosted by Euro.
No it's the European championship in football.
England and the Netherlands are in the other semi, which starts about now.

No it's the European championship in football.
England and the Netherlands are in the other semi, which starts about now.
So what you mean to say is that it'll be the Danes v the Dutch in the finals?

So what you mean to say is that it'll be the Danes v the Dutch in the finals?
I guess. Though who knows, the English might actually manage to be competent this time. (Just imagine the British papers though if English makes it to the final...)

All in favor of a D1 lynch of capage?

Why not have him subbed instead? *totally not biased*

Why-not-Zoidberg-vyotfu.jpg

Why not have him subbed instead? *totally not biased*
Because at least here you are to get at least 24 hours notice before night 0. If night 0 is to happen less than 24 hours after roles go out then everybody needs to have posted. Meaning that at times day 0 has lasted almost 48 hours. Other times everybody is on and we have had night 0 a couple hours after the roles went out.

The reason that everybody must have posted, is that otherwise you can deduce thta the non posters can't be all the wolves and can't be the seer either.

Because at least here you are to get at least 24 hours notice before night 0. If night 0 is to happen less than 24 hours after roles go out then everybody needs to have posted. Meaning that at times day 0 has lasted almost 48 hours. Other times everybody is on and we have had night 0 a couple hours after the roles went out.

The reason that everybody must have posted, is that otherwise you can deduce thta the non posters can't be all the wolves and can't be the seer either.

I understand that and definately agree. I just responded to the part where Capage would be auto lynched day 1. Same logic would apply there.

I understand that and definately agree. I just responded to the part where Capage would be auto lynched day 1. Same logic would apply there.
Cabage was not suggested auto lynched. He was suggested wagoned to space. Autolynch is the GM killing a player due to a rules violation or due to not having voted for several days and there being no subs (or the role already having been subbed too many times).

I proposed the village lynch him; an auto lynch is when the GM does it automatically. Two seperate ideas ;)

Cabage was not suggested auto lynched. He was suggested wagoned to space. Autolynch is the GM killing a player due to a rules violation or due to not having voted for several days and there being no subs (or the role already having been subbed too many times).

Would that not affect balance if it's not needed? Sorry for the meta discussion people; just trying to pick up the way of how things are done here. Anyway, I completely agree with Wagon earlier if he says the game can't start yet anyway.

Would that not affect balance if it's not needed? Sorry for the meta discussion people; just trying to pick up the way of how things are done here. Anyway, I completely agree with Wagon earlier if he says the game can't start yet anyway.
Don't worry about the mechanics discussion. Nothing will happen in the next 24 hours anyway.

And yes it will affect the balance and can in dire cases outright give victory to one side, but on the other hand a role not having voted essentially the entire game breaks balance too. It's a really hard thing to decide when to auto lynch and when to not and frankly you ought to have decided before the game you GM how you will do it in this specific game, so that spur of the moment doesn't interfere.

In bigs there's more leeway as they're bigger and have more days. Lites on the other hand at the very most lasts for 7 days and are more likely to last 4 or 5. Hence not having voted for 3 days means you're essentially a blank slate. That's quite an advantage if said player is a wolf, and no matter what a detraction for the village. Hence why some GMs, me included, has the rule that a role can be subbed once in lites and the next time it does not vote it must be scuttled. Similarly then in almost all cases you're subbed after the first non vote in lites, whereas in bigs you often can miss 3 votes before being subbed.

Also sometimes in bigs then when you approach the very end roles will be autolynched upon a single missed vote in the final phase of the end game. That's quite harsh and far from something every GM does, but at times it does make sense depending on how the game has evolved and how down to the wire it is.

Note that asking for a sub in thread and making sure to put in a vote until a sub is found is different, since then the role does not miss any votes. In such cases there isn't anything problematic with having the role subbed many times.

Capage is the new pencil?

ZUN FORBIDS PENCILS AND DANISH FOOTBALL