• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well its not a surprise that the ferrets got the village(without villagers) after all.

I am glad you made it gigau!

Well, i hope we get to have a chance to work together from the start, not once you are outed with no chance of not being lynched... :p

I said I probably could have dodged that lynch. If I hadn't given up on the game, what I would have done is asked Dalek to set leader orders to lynch a) reis b) Funnyman if someone other than reis was lynched. Combined with my plotter trait it would make it reis (3), Kiwi (2), Funnyman (1), and Funnyman would be dead. What would have happened to the hunt that night, GM?
Not sure I follow you here.

If reis91 was in vote lead he would put his cloak on and dodged the lynch but at the same time blocked himself from hunting. But that is what happened anyway.

If you had managed a TIE with reis and Funnyman, reis would have put his cloak on and you would have lynche only Funnyman. reis would then have blocked his own hunt.

Well its not a surprise that the ferrets got the village(without villagers) after all.
Well, 12 hours from deadline it was gigau 2, reis 2 and had not Lord Dalek changed his vote he and Supe Pope would have won it for the villagers. So the village was not that far from victory

There was also the situation two days ago when gigau hunting Syber's sub prevented Syber's backup brutal order to fire which would have had some hillarious results.

Last edited:
Not sure I follow you here.

If reis91 was in vote lead he would put his cloak on and dodged the lynch but at the same time blocked himself from hunting. But that is what happened anyway.

If you had managed a TIE with reis and Funnyman, reis would have put his cloak on and you would have lynche only Funnyman. reis would then have blocked his own hunt.

I believe where Kiwi is confused about whether the leader order would trigger before or after the cloak. Would it be possible to send such a conditional order, that if reis was not lynched (due to a post-deadline event such as the cloak) someone else was to die?

You certainly couldn't for brutal. But with the Cloak of Invisibility, you find out someone can't get lynched, and then you lynch someone else instead. Leader should work on that alternative lynch, since it is an actual lynch rather than directly caused by the Cloak. So if I'd set it up reis would have had 3 votes, me 2, Funnyman 1. reis disappears, so I'm going to be lynched - but Dalek pulls out his leader trait and gets Funnyman killed instead of me. If I'd set it up, which I didn't.

You certainly couldn't for brutal. But with the Cloak of Invisibility, you find out someone can't get lynched, and then you lynch someone else instead. Leader should work on that alternative lynch, since it is an actual lynch rather than directly caused by the Cloak. So if I'd set it up reis would have had 3 votes, me 2, Funnyman 1. reis disappears, so I'm going to be lynched - but Dalek pulls out his leader trait and gets Funnyman killed instead of me. If I'd set it up, which I didn't.
Yes, such a leader order would work if you phrase it right. Cloak happens before leader (which I clarified earlier in the game)

The GM AAR part 1 - Roles and Rules

Ghost Whisperer - Made no impact whatsoever on the game. Everyone that tried to use it thought they didn't have to pick a player. Wolves that got it used it on someone they knew was going to get hunted. Goodies that had it didn't use it. If I'm ever using this again I will have it like the witness trait so that you only need to tell when to use it not on whom. Of course then it needs to be used more sparingly.

Cloak of invisibility - I think I said in a previous AAR that it should only be used if there are no leaders and I should have stood by my word. Too many things that can mess with the villagers' only weapon, the lynch, is not good since it takes away part of the thrill of being a villager. Also if plotter, leader and cloak are included the rules needs to be updated with which goes first like the nightly order list.

Cultist scanning for traits - I think a trait scanner could be a keeper but maybe it should be a trait by itself rather than connected to the cultist role? It certainly affected the game since the wolfpacks acted on the information they got (not necessarily in a way I expected but still).

Cultist winning after wolves are dead - I don't like this and won't use it again. The endgame can be boring enough as it is with very few people left and dragging out to let cultists and villagers only using lynches to slug it out would just be painful.

Packspecific cultists - I'm a bit ambivalent about this. On the hand side it's nice for cultists to be more included in the pack like they usually are when they are pack-specific but on the other hand side what to do with a cultist without wolf master? The latter is easier to handle with non-packspefic cultists.

Padre vs witness - This is the first time I used the padre instead of the witness and even though it didn't affect anything this game I am definitely using padre instead of witness in the future since witness relies on random chance and padre relies on player skill (and if the player use random luck to pick his target at least the dice throwing is out of the hands of the GM).

The GM AAR part 2 - The Setup

The two pack setup usually gives the most balanced games so I decided to use it here. (I might use one pack or three pack setups on occasions)

29 starting players and the rule of thumb to used 1/3 baddies for a two pack setup gave 10 baddies. Since I wanted a sorcerer in the game I decided on an asymmeric baddie setup with:
Red pack: 3 werewolves, 1 cultist starting in contact with the sorcerer
Yellow pack: 3 werewolves, 2 cultists

Since baddies got a little more than 1/3 of the players I decided to have slightly higher blessed to cursed ratio than usually. So I ended up with 2 blessed and 3 cursed.

Since cultists could scan for traits I tried to not have traits that would give away what the bearer would be:
For example brutal was given to 2 werewolves (they have to have it to break Ironman JLs) and one villager. The different packs also didn't get exactly the same type of traits.
The cultist scan was also a reason I gave everyone a trait so that traitless players wouldn't immediately stand out as someone that had a special role.

I was toying with the idea to have a game without a seer and instead have many padres but wasn't sure how many padres you needed to compensate for a seer. 3-4 maybe? But in the end I chickened out and went with a standard important goodie setup with 1 seer, 1 priest, 1 guardian angel and 1 doctor.

The GM AAR part 2 - The Setup

29 starting players and the rule of thumb to used 1/3 baddies for a two pack setup gave 10 baddies. Since I wanted a sorcerer in the game I decided on an asymmeric baddie setup with:
Red pack: 3 werewolves, 1 cultist starting in contact with the sorcerer
Yellow pack: 3 werewolves, 2 cultists

My theory was that the packs might be symmetrical, but there was an unattached sorcerer.

Last edited:
I must say that your Cloak of Invisibility trait is very similar to the Innkeeper trait I first used a year ago or so.
I'm pretty sure I stole it from some other GM, could well have been from you.

EDIT: No, must have been someone else, I used it in Wolf Totem back in 2009.

EDIT2: Can't find it in the games before that so I might actually have invented it myself (or I changed the name).

Last edited:
Cultist scanning for traits - I think a trait scanner could be a keeper but maybe it should be a trait by itself rather than connected to the cultist role? It certainly affected the game since the wolfpacks acted on the information they got (not necessarily in a way I expected but still).

Cultist winning after wolves are dead - I don't like this and won't use it again. The endgame can be boring enough as it is with very few people left and dragging out to let cultists and villagers only using lynches to slug it out would just be painful.

Packspecific cultists - I'm a bit ambivalent about this. On the hand side it's nice for cultists to be more included in the pack like they usually are when they are pack-specific but on the other hand side what to do with a cultist without wolf master? The latter is easier to handle with non-packspefic cultists.

It's a fundamental problem, so it needs to be handled at the fundaments of the game, not by piling stuff on top in hope that it'll all work out.

Pack-aligned cultists need to be a threat to the survival of the village, otherwise the end-game could indeed peter out. They need to either become wolves or be able to hunt by themselves or switch allegiances. Of course, allowing them the hunt as well means that wolves need something special to distinguish them. Only a pack with a wolf can turn a cursed player? Might be a bit flimsy.

Non-aligned cultists avoid these issues but those then affect the size of the wolf packs, which changes the entire game balance (how vulnerable is a pack to an early death, how vital is the Seer for the village, etc.)

I don't really liked the idea of cultists having special powers, becoming wolves, or winning after the wolves are dead. I always thought the concept of a cultist was supposed to thematically be a villager who is rooting for the werewolves to win.

Instead the working directly with a pack, I think it would work better if they acted independently from it. They should only know their own role (cultist), and the wolves do not know who they are. The sorcerer could essentially be a super-cultist who can scan out other cultists and bring them together into an Injustice League. If all wolves are dead, any alive cultists/sorcerers simply lose the game because they did not bring about their goal of wolf domination.

It also makes the villagers much more focused on lynching the wolves. Lynching a cultist would not get you closer to victory, just help push back defeat. Voting for an outed cultist might not even be the best option if you have a strongly suspected wolf.

I don't really liked the idea of cultists having special powers, becoming wolves, or winning after the wolves are dead. I always thought the concept of a cultist was supposed to thematically be a villager who is rooting for the werewolves to win.

Instead the working directly with a pack, I think it would work better if they acted independently from it. They should only know their own role (cultist), and the wolves do not know who they are. The sorcerer could essentially be a super-cultist who can scan out other cultists and bring them together into an Injustice League. If all wolves are dead, any alive cultists/sorcerers simply lose the game because they did not bring about their goal of wolf domination.

It also makes the villagers much more focused on lynching the wolves. Lynching a cultist would not get you closer to victory, just help push back defeat. Voting for an outed cultist might not even be the best option if you have a strongly suspected wolf.

But, if you have them totally independent and in the dark about the wolves, then you're basically telling them they'll win if a pack wins but they have no ability whatsoever to actually help the wolves win, meaning it'd be one of the most boring roles you could get.

You'd be better off making multiple sorcerers, who can scan for wolves but not for the Seer.