• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In

IN as Buddy the elf

One-Eye-Open: If a player with One-Eye-Open is hunted, he has a 50% chance to kill one of his attackers. He will die regardless.
We've talked about it before, and also tried it a few times. What about setting OEO to be a secret trait like cursed/blessed. That way you won't have invulnerable mouthpieces. Generally it's bettre not to know you're OEO imho.
Also can the leader repeatedly leaderlynch? The rules aren't clear on that.

Also is this theme based on anything?

Witness: By asking by PM, the witness may see the nightly hunt and record the name of one of the werewolf attackers. The chance of the witness recording the name of one of the wolves is the day number multiplied by 10% (ie. 0 night 0, 10% night one, 70% night 7, etc). Whether the ability is successful or not, upon asking to use their witness powers they lose their trait.
Perhaps have it start at 10% on the first night like it used to be. Especially given how small the game likely will be. You could also possibly use the version where you can use it repeatedly, but the chance resets upon a try whether it's successful or not. Since otherwise it is pretty much just survive to the late game and be pretty certain of bagging a wolf.

Welcome back.

In

We've talked about it before, and also tried it a few times. What about setting OEO to be a secret trait like cursed/blessed. That way you won't have invulnerable mouthpieces. Generally it's bettre not to know you're OEO imho.

Nah, the rules say that the leader loses his trait, if he doesn't lynch a baddie:

If the player lynched by the Leader is not a baddie (Werewolf, Sorcerer, Sorcerer's Apprentice) the Leader ability is used up. A Leader's identity is revealed in the update if they successfully lynch someone of any role.

Nah, the rules say that the leader loses his trait, if he doesn't lynch a baddie:
Oh. Missed that. Not sure I like that part though as it was removed for a reason IIRC.

Also is this theme based on anything?

Perhaps have it start at 10% on the first night like it used to be. Especially given how small the game likely will be. You could also possibly use the version where you can use it repeatedly, but the chance resets upon a try whether it's successful or not. Since otherwise it is pretty much just survive to the late game and be pretty certain of bagging a wolf.

Welcome back.

In

I'll make OEO secret.

As alxeu pointed out it's only retained if they lynch a baddie. I just need to update what's considered a baddie as the description doesn't include cultists and has sorcs.

I'll make the decision on whether it starts at 0 or 10 based on our eventual player count. I'll put it at 10% for now though as I don't expect a huge game. And wasn't the witness multiple times strictly better than one use? As in you were better off witnessing every night than not. Or am I misremembering.

Oh. Missed that. Not sure I like that part though as it was removed for a reason IIRC.

If you or someone can explain why it was removed I'll consider modifying it. All I can see is it makes leader generally better for goodies which I'm already taking into account in balancing.

And wasn't the witness multiple times strictly better than one use? As in you were better off witnessing every night than not. Or am I misremembering.
Not necessarily. You can do it, especially if you fear you're going to die early, but you have the choice of either repeatedly having small chances of waiting until later and then be able to with certainly deliver a wolf to the JL. If you go every night then you'll only have 10 (or 15 depending on game size) percent chance of bagging a wolf when the JL really needs it and hence it isn't always the best to go every single night.
On the other hand with the one time only version it's a no brainer that unless you expect to be lynched/hunted soon you wait until at least night 7.

If you or someone can explain why it was removed I'll consider modifying it. All I can see is it makes leader generally better for goodies which I'm already taking into account in balancing.
IIRC it was due to a series of games where a leader used it to great extent and it pretty much broke the game. Though if you're accounting for it in balancing then it's fine, I guess.

Healer (Doctor): Sends in a protection order once per night. Should the selected person be attacked by Werewolves, the GM will roll a dice, and the selected person has a fifty percent chance of surviving the attack, and a fifty percent chance of death. Should they survive, they will not be allowed to post, vote or talk about the game in any medium with the players (much as if they were not playing/dead) during the day after the hunt. If the Doctor is attacked whilst a patient is recovering, they will both be killed. The patient, upon waking up after a day without posting, will remember the name of one of the werewolves that attacked them. However, he will not learn the name of his protector.

The Doctor may not protect themselves, nor protect someone they protected the previous night.

So, if someone is hunted and they can't take any actions, can they still be lynched, the target of the hunt or anything like that? Or does it amount to, the only way they can be killed is to take out the doctor.

In

A Happycats game!? Count me IN!

All y'all, we need two more players in the Lite, so if anyone wants a quicker Werewolf fix while they wait for this game to fill, come on by!

Also, come on by to celebrate the death of Werewolf. It's the tenth anniversary year!

Not necessarily. You can do it, especially if you fear you're going to die early, but you have the choice of either repeatedly having small chances of waiting until later and then be able to with certainly deliver a wolf to the JL. If you go every night then you'll only have 10 (or 15 depending on game size) percent chance of bagging a wolf when the JL really needs it and hence it isn't always the best to go every single night.
On the other hand with the one time only version it's a no brainer that unless you expect to be lynched/hunted soon you wait until at least night 7.

IIRC it was due to a series of games where a leader used it to great extent and it pretty much broke the game. Though if you're accounting for it in balancing then it's fine, I guess.

Huh. I swore I saw a post a couple years ago saying a multi use witness should just witness every night with math supporting it. My quick math though doesn't support it especially in a long game. I'll change that.

And the general theme of the game tends to favor baddies, so the fact that a great leader could influence the game for the goodies doesn't worry me so much, especially because wolves have those hunt things to target a leader with.

So, if someone is hunted and they can't take any actions, can they still be lynched, the target of the hunt or anything like that? Or does it amount to, the only way they can be killed is to take out the doctor.

In

After the attack, the victim (if saved) is taken by the doctor to somewhere secure add hidden away (usually assumed to be the doctor's house). Since the village doesn't know the victim's location, lynching them would be out of the question, as you need the person to lynch them. Same with the hunt. The hunt order assumes they are at their home or somewhere the wolves would know to look for them. If the wolves can't find them they can't hunt them. So the short version is yes, they can only be killed by a hunt on the doctor until they wake up.

Huh. I swore I saw a post a couple years ago saying a multi use witness should just witness every night with math supporting it. My quick math though doesn't support it especially in a long game. I'll change that.

And the general theme of the game tends to favor baddies, so the fact that a great leader could influence the game for the goodies doesn't worry me so much, especially because wolves have those hunt things to target a leader with.

After the attack, the victim (if saved) is taken by the doctor to somewhere secure add hidden away (usually assumed to be the doctor's house). Since the village doesn't know the victim's location, lynching them would be out of the question, as you need the person to lynch them. Same with the hunt. The hunt order assumes they are at their home or somewhere the wolves would know to look for them. If the wolves can't find them they can't hunt them. So the short version is yes, they can only be killed by a hunt on the doctor until they wake up.
*Or any other killing action on the Doctor (brutal, shot, etc.)