• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Awesome. We got a wolf!

I voted EURO because it was Day 1, and I didn't have much information. Actually, I suspected AsdfeZxcas since he shamvoted for Yakman right before Yakman was killed, but that is very little to go on, and I think he's a new player.

If alxeu was a villager, it's possible that Wombat was a wolf and trying to ensure that a villager went down with the wolf. I'd like to hear more of Chumley's logic, though.

Steed voted Chumley before being killed, so that could be a hint. The death could also be random, though.

I'll vote Chumley1 for the moment, pending additional explanation of why he thinks Wombat is guilty. He voted to lynch the murdered priest, and he tried to get everyone to vote for one person without providing evidence (we got some evidence from Inawordyes, but Chumley didn't explain anything).
@HistoryDude basically what Inawordyes said.

Wombat voting alxeu normally wouldn't seem good, but it wasn't done in the way wombat tends to protect packmates, and I also think he'd be more likely to sell out an inactive chefjones then risk saving him. Speaking of selling out packmates, I don't think the last few votes on chefjones (including mine) mean much, except potentially as indicating attempts to protect alxeu or inawordyes. Should any of them turn up evil, that'll give us some direction.

As for voting today, Grimlock seems exceedingly silent. I've seen maybe 2 really short posts from which, and I might just be remembering the early games when he first joined, but I remember him being very active. Quiet Grimlock seems like suspicious grimlock so
Vote Grimlock

I am still trying to find a good system for detecting patterns. One thing I did notice for Day 1 was that people started making lots of ties early after the new day started and kept it up until 12 hours 20 minutes before deadline, when Chumley unvoted Culann after Culann made a 4-way tie. The ties were only 2 votes each, but after that the number of people tied gets lower and their tallies higher. I have to assume this is the standard pattern for day 1. Make ties and see what patterns emerge.

But it’s ~13 hours to deadline and we have no ties, just -8? names with 1 vote each.

I have no idea. I keep thinking Chumley is signaling they know something (from a scan?), which makes me want to join them in voting Wombat. But Chumley is an experienced player from other sites (see General Plan thread) and wouldn’t hint like that (especially not if they’re the priest). So why throw Wombat under the bus? Wombat’s suspicious because of their last vote, but what’s the purpose of an experienced player appearing certain?

It’s time for a tie, and I can’t reconcile Chumley’s actions, so

VOTE CHUMLEY1

And I sure hope I get back before deadline in case I’m wrong (which is likely). (I’m worried I won’t.)

Vote Sleepyhead

Looking forward to the inevitable fight to the death this will trigger

ghouls out humans
Well, that's an unintentionally revealing statement if there ever was one.

Uh, I'm curious about what Wombat is up to and what Chumley is on about, so I think we should TIE those two and then chicken out at the last minute and lynch someone completely different. It's the EURO way!

Attention village!

I'm not just an aquarius but also little bit of a psychic.
Because we lost the seer I decided to activate my power yesterday to gather village intel and found out that there are 8 remaining baddies. Meaning there were 9 when this all started.

I believe this information is best shared publicly. If we're looking at opposing ghoul tribes then they likely started 4v4 and the only information they get from this, is that there's one unaligned baddie, likely a sorcerer, which they would've assumed anyway with a seer present. I feel the additional information thus benefits the village substantially more.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I get why wombat's getting attention. I'm not particularly convinced myself, but it never looks great to go against the grain of a voteswitch which ends up catching a wolf. Not really a fan of the counter push against Chumley, I think his push on Wombat is just heavily emphasizing Wombat's vote on alxeu, not any of the wackier proposals out there. As said I don't necessarily agree with the conclusion, certainly not to the level of confidence Chumley has, but I understand the line of logic.

A full explanation from wombat about his decision on voting alxeu is probably warranted, though I have my suspicions.

Sleepyhead coming out to reveal the number of baddies definitely inclines me to view him as a goodie, unless it turns out he's lying.
Steed voted Chumley before being killed, so that could be a hint. The death could also be random, though.

I'll vote Chumley1 for the moment, pending additional explanation of why he thinks Wombat is guilty. He voted to lynch the murdered priest,
So, to clarify on the bolded parts, Steed was not the priest. He was a villager with a one time priest scan. Beartjah has also confirmed that it was unused. So Steed definitely hadn't scanned anyone, and his role was just villager and of no particular importance for the wolves to kill this early. So any reading into actions relating to Steed is probably over analyzing the situation.

Also as a general guide line for you and the other new players, try to make your formal votes on a separate line in bigger text, since that makes it harder for anyone to miss.

Now for my suspects, no one I feel very strongly about so far. The general switch from the leading candidates yesterday makes sense (though isn't clearing), and while it first went on to unknown inawordyes, this crumbled once people remembered/found out he was a new player. Which is also reasonable. Chefjones then came up as the only other non-voter, and barring wombat faced basically no opposition. No one really comes out looking very clear from Chefjones' pack either. Euro's the one who started the ball rolling on Chefjones, but it's completely possible for Euro to throw an inactive packmate under the bus. The others seemed to be following a general trend, and could have felt it safest to go with the flow in the switch.

The only thing that perhaps rings suspicious is hdk popping up immediately after deadline despite not being active in the immediate lead-up. He'd made his vote a little over an hour before deadline, but said nothing during the vote switching and candidate discussion. I'm always suspicious of people who seem to be deliberately avoiding being involved in consequential activity periods in the lead up to deadline.

Vote the_hdk

First things first:

@Chumley1
@Flockingbird
@Inawordyes

This is a Big Werewolf game on the Paradox forums - in practice, there are a lot of differences between this version and the Mafia Universe boards. (there was culture shock when I played over there years ago). In particular, there are a bunch of relevant changes to this discussion:

1) In a "Big" game on the Paradox forums of this size (28 players) - there are usually at least two competing packs of wolves that do not know each other. I've even seen a three pack game with this number of players, but that is very unlikely with only 9 starting bad players (per sleepy's information).
The most likely setup for this game is 2 competing packs of 4 wolves and an unattached sorcerer, as per sleepyhead's information.
2) Ties between vote leaders mean that both of those vote leaders die. In other words, if both alxeu AND chefjones got the same number of votes and were tied for the lead, both of them would have died.
3) PMs - personal messages - are allowed between players.

Most of Chumley's assumptions appear about the game appear to be based on Mafia Universe rules. My vote on Alxeu wasn't done to save chefjones - it was to make sure that alxeu was still in the running, with the hope that they would hang together.

Incidentally, this is why I am so sure that Chumley is cleared - because it's apparent that he thinks that this is a game with only one pack, and that my action was a fairly obvious attempt to save a packmate.
Guys Vote Team Wombat. Village sweep time!

(I guess technically he could be a sorcerer or unattached cultist), but everything I'm seeing from him indicates that he is playing as a villager that is trying to find wolves - he thinks he caught me in an obvious mistake, but it's more a misunderstanding of paradox rules.

I mean, it's alright but it's not a slam dunk, lets-drop-everything-and-lynch-em case. The only reason he was a candidate yesterday was Euro-says-so.

Fine for day 1, I suppose, but now Euro-says-no, so there's not a whole lot there. I don't think Wombat was trying to save Chef so much as he wanted Alxeu to die instead.
Not "instead" - more like together. More specifically, I PMed alxeu, asking if there was a reason I shouldn't vote for him, and he did not give me sufficient reason in response to my PM for me not to be suspicious. It was apparent from the votes that chefjones would be lynched off the vote switch, so I was hoping to tie alxeu for maximum information.

Now, alxeu is practically cleared from being a member of the "forgotten" pack - (which looks to be the blue pack). So he is not the best lynch for today. But he's still on my radar as a possible baddie.

Time for a votecount - 5 hours 45 minutes till deadline

Chumley: 3
historydude [238]
Flockingbird [244]
Emperor Ike [248]

flockingbird: 1
the_hdk [207]

historydude: 1
AsdfeZxcas [209]

inawordyes: 1
Jeray2000 [216]

Grimlock: 1
MAWofDoom [243]

Team wombat: 1
chumley [221]

Witch agatha: 1
inawordyes [230]

jopi:i 1
Dedonus [237]

Sleephead: 1
marty99[245]

The_hdk: 1
Aedan [249]

Emperor ike: 1
Team wombat [251]

Not voted: 12
culann [inawordyes 225 -> 240]
Alxeu
Arkasas
CaptainGrimlock
Caillean
Ironhide
Nepechri
Witch Agatha
Jopi
Sleepyhead
Euro
Adamus

Last edited:
I also want to echo the note on making your votes more visible, and this isn't just for the new players (I already nearly missed hdk's vote here). Make sure it stands out from the rest of the text on these pages. That makes my life a bit easier when counting votes, and reduces the risk of your vote not being counted because I just simply didn't see it.

Please put your votes on a separate line, in bold, and in a large font (say something like font size 22).
That helps me reduce the risk of GM errors a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions:
First things first:

@Chumley1
@Flockingbird
@Inawordyes

This is a Big Werewolf game on the Paradox forums - in practice, there are a lot of differences between this version and the Mafia Universe boards. (there was culture shock when I played over there years ago). In particular, there are a bunch of relevant changes to this discussion:

1) In a "Big" game on the Paradox forums of this size (28 players) - there are usually at least two competing packs of wolves that do not know each other. I've even seen a three pack game with this number of players, but that is very unlikely with only 9 starting bad players (per sleepy's information).
The most likely setup for this game is 2 competing packs of 4 wolves and an unattached sorcerer, as per sleepyhead's information.
2) Ties between vote leaders mean that both of those vote leaders die. In other words, if both alxeu AND chefjones got the same number of votes and were tied for the lead, both of them would have died.

Most of Chumley's assumptions appear about the game appear to be based on Mafia Universe rules. My vote on Alxeu wasn't done to save chefjones - it was to make sure that alxeu was still in the running, with the hope that they would hang together.

Incidentally, this is why I am so sure that Chumley is cleared - because it's apparent that he thinks that this is a game with only one pack, and that my action was a fairly obvious attempt to save a packmate.

(I guess technically he could be a sorcerer or unattached cultist), but everything I'm seeing from him indicates that he is playing as a villager that is trying to find wolves - he thinks he caught me in an obvious mistake, but it's more a misunderstanding of paradox rules.

Not "instead" - more like together. More specifically, I PMed alxeu, asking if there was a reason I shouldn't vote for him, and he did not give me sufficient reason in response to my PM for me not to be suspicious. It was apparent from the votes that chefjones would be lynched off the vote switch, so I was hoping to tie alxeu for maximum information.

Now, alxeu is practically cleared from being a member of the "forgotten" pack - (which looks to be the blue pack). So he is not the best lynch for today. But he's still on my radar as a possible baddie.
unvote

It's gonna feel like I'm sheeping Inawordyes because I chose to keep my feelings close to my chest and them boom Iawy shows up and is on the same page as me
I mean, it’s not hard for me to see the same thing you did, but it’s not as clean-cut to just copy-paste certain expected solving tells that we’re used to using onto another community that doesn’t play the same way or have the same voting rules (in this game, all tied players die)

So I would heavily caution you against putting extra stock into my villager chances just because I know where your head would pivot to, as you know that ofc I can find the same or similar page to you here regardless of my alignment

I'm having a hard time getting a read on Chumley. Is he the Euro of Mafia Universe? Just insists people do things and people follow because, if they're village, it usually works out?

The whole not understanding how nights or packs work here is a little meta, but if he's an experienced player over there it could be some high level mind trick to take advantage of our naive desire to accomodate our guests and not immediately kill them. Could be genuine, sure, but we wouldn't buy that crap from, say, Aedan.

Also, I've played here before, btw. It's been a long time. My last game was that 60 person big WW Marty ran awhile back. I was more active in the Resistance circles, but I'm a Werewolf appreciator as well. I've also got some in person plays in of WW and Blood on the Clocktower.

First things first:

@Chumley1
@Flockingbird
@Inawordyes

Fwiw the case could still be made that you are sus for the same reason there, just the inverse - if both die, then it benefits wolf!Wombat to try and catch two unaligned players in a vote tie because it’s one less player you have to vote out or kill, so it’s less a specific save on Chef as it is “kill two birds with one stone”

But on the whole, fair enough! Given Chef’s inactivity the vote switch isn’t as unaligning for the two of you, but I think it’s reasonable to say that you and Alxeu are unaligned for your attempt to kill them. It’s not much, but it still valuable insight to glean from the end of day voting

(Also, I am so happy that PDXPlaza makes use of “goodie/baddie” terminology because that’s where I started with my original home community pre-MU and it’s a nice feeling to see others using it in a game)