- Apr 29, 2012
With VE Day close, we should think of the liberation of France. Inextricably connected with that matter is, how we deal with the neutral fascist regime of Philippe Petain in the South. So here is my proposal:
Liberation of Vichy France Bill
This bill proposes the following:
1. After allied forces reached the river Elbe, the Commander-in-Chief Atlantic Theater is ordered to provide sufficient troops for the invasion of Southern France and French Northern Africa.
2. We'll set the goal to conquer Vichy France.
3. After ATLCOM is ready for both invasions, we'll declare war on Vichy France
4. After Vichy France is conquered, we'll liberate France
5. Definite Invasion Plans and OOB's are to be determined by the Commander-in-Chief Atlantic Theater and will be approved separately by the senate.
-- David Worth Clark (D-ID)
I co-sponsor this bill. Petain's Vichy government is but a puppet of the Axis powers, and we should do our best to re-establish a democratic regime.