• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
wat color r austrian soldiers? like french and usa r blue coats, while brits r red coats. and wat color is prussian and russian soldiers?
also, wat kind of different doctrines will there be? cause the americans under george washington kind of had a type of early geurilla warfare, while russians and chinese employed human wave attacks.

coolguy684 said:
wat color r austrian soldiers? like french and usa r blue coats, while brits r red coats. and wat color is prussian and russian soldiers?
also, wat kind of different doctrines will there be? cause the americans under george washington kind of had a type of early geurilla warfare, while russians and chinese employed human wave attacks.

Austrians are white I think. Prussians maybe grey?

Haru yo koi said:
Austrians are white I think. Prussians maybe grey?

The Austrian Empire would be white, should be white.

Prussia on the other hand: grey is typically of German, perhaps Black or its largely portrayed color in many other Napoleon style games: Purple.

others are simple eg: for the game not actually uniforms
Spain: Yellow
Russia: Green
UK: Red
Austria: White/Light Grey
France: Blue
Sweden: Light Blue
Ottoman: Tan
Poland: Perhaps the another shade of red or something?

I think that wraps up the major players of the Napoleonic War

I just wonder how the Holy Roman Empire would be represented since it and Austria (not yet the Austrian Empire - 1804) were not the same,

Germany and Austria and Bohemia were part of the "Holy Roman Empire" wheras:

Hungary, Slovakia, Croatia, Slovenia, Austria-Italy, Illyria, Transylvania and Poland were part of *Austria not the Holy Roman Empire.

Historically Troops were in colors:
Austria-White and Grey
France-Blue
Britain-Red
Spain-Blue and red trims, also white uniforms
Russia-Green
Prussia-A very dark blue I believe (like the uniforms in Barry Lyndon)
Ottomans-Professionals in blue and yellow trim, more like swarms of soldiers in desert clothing
Denmark-White
Sweden-A Light Blue
Poland-Blue I think, usually with French armies

Gigalocus said:
By 1805, the HRE was nothing more then a name, so theres no need for it to be modelled.

Which is totally true that I know, the empire was not even around after the second coalition.

But doesn't the game start with the French Revolution in 1793?
In 1793 the Holy Roman Empire existed as an empire and in name lead by the Habsburg Dynasty, Francis II and was a main proponent against the revolution and the Holy Roman Empire was under direct Austrian rule and used to battle the French in Germany and the Rhine.

When Napoleon proclaimed the 1st Empire then Francis II now Francis I declared Austria-Habsburg which like a personal Power state for the Holy Roman Emperor into the Austrian Empire. For the first 10 years the HRE must be modelled as something even as a 'puppet' of Austria as it basically was by this time holding no real power anymore.

Gigalocus said:
Wow, I admit, I never thought a MOD like this would get this far ...

I wish you all the luck, and hope it won't die.

I'll be downloading as soon as its released!

It shall never die. But you can help us to further make sure it doesn't die. ;)

coolguy684 said:

France (and most nations during the era) used a lot of different uniforms. The most known French uniform from the era is the one with Blue and White.

Well, this is how it will be: All major nations will have unique sprites and most nations will have icons with soldiers from their actual country, if a unique set isnt available for the nation they will most likely use a generic set.

Inner Circle said:
this mod is so interesting that i joined your team, You will find on your forums there!

I noticed that you had joined us. Welcome! :)

coolguy684 said:
so the austrians r whitecoats. good for them too. wen i beat them as france they can just take off their coats for a makeshif t surrendur flag :rofl:

When I beat the Austrians their uniforms won't be white anymore, they'll be red :D

Juste said:
looks very nice!

We could certainly need some help with Denmark, I've had quite a hard time to find leaders for them. It would be great if you could join and help us with Denmark. :)

Frank+Frei said:
They didn't fight bad,even Nappy did recognize!
They did have lousy leaders though.

I don't think anyone have said anything about the Austrians being lousy soldiers. :)

Frank+Frei said:
Are you doing the smaller german states aswell?
Btw wasn't an offence.

Yes of course, as many as possible! If we can use the Victoria map we will be able to have quite a lot of German minors. :)

Never thought it was. :)