• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It still goes from one big green blob to another and than to another with no color change in between. :( From Arctic Sea to the Gulf of Aden, it's the tones of green in continuum.

I'm not too sure? The trouble is that a lot of countries identified with similar colours, thus making it hard to differentiate on a political mapmode scale. Perhaps the dark red of Carlist Spain/Serbia/Switzerland ??

I'd also recommend Japan to go white. That way the USSR can be the red of Switzerland and Denmark, etc... and not look strange!

I had already considered changing Japan to White, I'll check your idea for the Ottoman colors and just keep Sicily like that until I can think of something

I wish the EU2 engine wasn't so limited and you could actually add colors yourself

I still think a red tone is more suitable for OE since we won't be seeing SU at least for the first 85 years of the game if we see them at all. Even in that case, instead of having two greens next to each other all game long, it's more preferable to have two different tones of red. Have you tried a lighter shade of red for OE?

After a few tries I think I decided that Red is the better color for the Ottoman Empire, seeing how Green makes the border with Russia harder to tell and doesn't really suit the 19th century Empire so much (Green is the color of the Caliphate, and while the Turks claimed the Caliphate the Empire was largely secular during this time period). I also did a few changes to some colors such as the one used by Bolivia, darkened Russia again, and made Japan white

Download

34s1j6g.jpg

I think I'm pretty much done or almost done with this, dunno if I should change France and Britain's colors

the Empire was largely secular during this time period

I'm a Football Fan and have hundreds of books on Football History, This is completely wrong from my knowledge of Football in Turkey. The authorities of Turkey passed laws that stopped Turks playing the game because they thought it was against ethics of the Islamic Religion. The British traders who set up Football in Turkey were the only people allowed to play the game, The Ottoman Empire was far from secular, In 1915 the state even called jihad against the British during the Great War.

I'm a Football Fan and have hundreds of books on Football History, This is completely wrong from my knowledge of Football in Turkey. The authorities of Turkey passed laws that stopped Turks playing the game because they thought it was against ethics of the Islamic Religion. The British traders who set up Football in Turkey were the only people allowed to play the game, The Ottoman Empire was far from secular, In 1915 the state even called jihad against the British during the Great War.
Maybe I worded it wrong, it was considerably more secular than in previous centuries and none of the Sultans in this era save for Abdul Hamid II actively used the title of Caliph

Wanted to clear a couple points here.

Soccer wasn't a popular game even in England during the early game period. It became organized only after 1863 when college students formed an association. The first professional league in England starts in 1888.

From then on, it took two more years for the Brits in Izmir to organize tournaments. The first soccer match in Ottoman Empire was in Saloniki (Selanik - Thessaloniki), 1875.

Of course some religious authorities were not crazy about men in shorts running after a ball and they protested but there was no official government edict banning the sport. Ottoman Empire joined the 1906 Athens Olympic Games with two soccer teams, Selanik mix and Izmir mix.

In 1899 Turkish students formed the first soccer club in Turkey called "Black Stockings". The famous club Galatasaray (Imperial Highschool) established their own soccer team in 1905, followed by Fenerbahce in 1907. These were all during the Abdulhamid II era, before the constitution of 1908.

As a side note: during the occupation of Istanbul (1920-23), Fenerbahce won all the matches against occupying Allied teams and won the hearts of all Turks.

That being said, Ottoman Caliphate was mostly on paper as Indian Muslims and Arabs had no problem fighting their fellow Muslim Ottomans even after the call for Jihad.

Aside from Turks, Albanians, Circassians, Kurds and Arabs, Ottoman Empire had Protestant German officers and their army had Orthodox Greeks and Armenians, Catholic Arabs and Jews among their ranks. Not your ideal Caliphate Army during Jihad time. :)

Wikipedia said:
The Hatt-i Sharif (Hatt-ı Şerif) of Gülhane (Noble Edict of the Rose Chamber) was an 1839 proclamation by Ottoman Sultan Abdülmecid I that launched the Tanzimat period of reforms and reorganization.
The proclamation was issued at the behest of reformist Grand Vizier Mustafa Reshid Pasha. It promised reforms such as the abolition of tax farming, reform of conscription, and greater equality of religion. The goal of the decree was to help modernize the empire militarily and socially so that it could compete with the Great Powers of Europe. It also was hoped the reforms would win over the disaffected parts of the empire, especially in the Ottoman controlled parts of Europe, which were largely Christian.

-Abolition of the capitation tax on non−Muslims, with a regular method of establishing and collecting taxes: 1856

Wanted to clear a couple points here.

Soccer wasn't a popular game even in England during the early game period. It became organized only after 1863 when college students formed an association. The first professional league in England starts in 1888.

From then on, it took two more years for the Brits in Izmir to organize tournaments. The first soccer match in Ottoman Empire was in Saloniki (Selanik - Thessaloniki), 1875.

Of course some religious authorities were not crazy about men in shorts running after a ball and they protested but there was no official government edict banning the sport. Ottoman Empire joined the 1906 Athens Olympic Games with two soccer teams, Selanik mix and Izmir mix.

In 1899 Turkish students formed the first soccer club in Turkey called "Black Stockings". The famous club Galatasaray (Imperial Highschool) established their own soccer team in 1905, followed by Fenerbahce in 1907. These were all during the Abdulhamid II era, before the constitution of 1908.

As a side note: during the occupation of Istanbul (1920-23), Fenerbahce won all the matches against occupying Allied teams and won the hearts of all Turks.

That being said, Ottoman Caliphate was mostly on paper as Indian Muslims and Arabs had no problem fighting their fellow Muslim Ottomans even after the call for Jihad.

Aside from Turks, Albanians, Circassians, Kurds and Arabs, Ottoman Empire had Protestant German officers and their army had Orthodox Greeks and Armenians, Catholic Arabs and Jews among their ranks. Not your ideal Caliphate Army during Jihad time. :)

Football has been a Popular game in England since the Middle-Ages and if you want proof do some research, It might not of been organised as it is today but it was there and it attracted huge crowds, By the way the FA Cup started in 1871.

Well, From my knowledge the OE didn't allow Turks to play the game, This even caused small localised riots when Police officers would come and take away the ball. I have no evidence but from what I've read the authorities did ban the game due to religious pressure.

We all know what happened to Greeks and Armenians under the Ottoman Empire and even Serbs, Croats, Bulgarians and so on and on, Funny how those peoples hate the turks today. The OE might of had many cultures and relgions in it, But it was strongly Muslim and you can't really say otherwise, Sunni was the official religion of the Empire, Like Protestantism was to the British but yet we had Muslims, Hindus, Catholics and Pagans too, It doesn't change the fact that Britain was strongly Protestant.

Football has been a Popular game in England since the Middle-Ages and if you want proof do some research, It might not of been organised as it is today but it was there and it attracted huge crowds, By the way the FA Cup started in 1871.
That's still technically towards only the second half of the vanilla Victoria. :)

Well, From my knowledge the OE didn't allow Turks to play the game, This even caused small localised riots when Police officers would come and take away the ball. I have no evidence but from what I've read the authorities did ban the game due to religious pressure.
They couldn't possibly have soccer clubs consisting of all Turks had there been a regulation. Your version is based on anecdotal notes from the earliest stages of Turkish soccer where local authorities were under the influence of religious scholars. This is a major transition time for Ottoman Empire as the conservative authorities were resisting the Imperial decrees establishing secular reforms. The Ottoman Empire was no longer a Sunni State since 1839 proclamation where all Ottoman citizens were declared equal and subject to same laws. In practice, the implementation took longer, but that was not a state policy but just a reactionary resistance that was eventually crushed (at least until 2001). ;)

We all know what happened to Greeks and Armenians under the Ottoman Empire and even Serbs, Croats, Bulgarians and so on and on, Funny how those peoples hate the turks today. The OE might of had many cultures and relgions in it, But it was strongly Muslim and you can't really say otherwise, Sunni was the official religion of the Empire, Like Protestantism was to the British but yet we had Muslims, Hindus, Catholics and Pagans too, It doesn't change the fact that Britain was strongly Protestant.
You can never put entire nations in one basket. Armenians were fervent supporters of the Empire until very late WWI period (except for a marginal revolutionary clique).

The war cemetery in Gallipoli is full of Greek, Armenian and Jewish graves right beside their Turkish comrades who fell during the Allied invasion of 1915. People tell stories, but cemeteries always speak the truth.

The color red suits OE and that should be more than enough on this topic. :)

So, getting out of this soccer vs islam thing, do you guys like the tone of red I gave the Turks this time?
I definitely like it better. But now we need a white crescent and star over the OE lands. :p Thanks for the good job.