• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sadly the image hosting site i was using caved.

If there was any interest in those loading screens, let me know, i'd be glad to send the bmp files for it

although it appears I've lost the original screens

if anyone has the jpgs, let me know, if not, i can make them all over again

C.V. Mannerheim, I was thinking of asking you if it's OK if we used a couple of your images at VickyWiki, but there seems to be a problem with your hosting service?

:) Rafiki

What is the status on graphical changes to VIP? I was thinking that with different flags for nations being added on, but what about situations where other flags were proposed? Have there been changes in endgame pictures and capitals of nations planned along with military leader pictures?

ImperialMog said:
What is the status on graphical changes to VIP? I was thinking that with different flags for nations being added on, but what about situations where other flags were proposed? Have there been changes in endgame pictures and capitals of nations planned along with military leader pictures?
a lot of discussion and talk about that, but no one took that task ever... :(

Have any of the VIP leaders contacted the person doing the agf mod? Maybe the two groups could get together to integrate the new flags into the .4 of VIP mod. Especially since there would require scripting and/or editing of events to get the appropriate flag. One case where flags were odd was when Cyprus rebelled and the flags arlready there all had the Union Jack on the corner which seemed odd in this case, maybe have alternate flags there as well as if there is a scenario where Texas is an English Dominion for example. A final example would be where there was a debate on the design of a national flag at different times for different nations, maybe there an event would come up where you choose like any normal event. There we'd need to add the losers if the player chooses that or if the AI picks "choice B" as it were.

What about changing the British India red colour in the colorscales.csv file?

It looks really horrible IMO.

Sleepyhead said:
What about changing the British India red colour in the colorscales.csv file?

It looks really horrible IMO.
The colourscales are totally reworked for the next VIP. The most notable change is white is now actually white ;)

Giving VIP a facelift

Recenftly I've been playing CORE for HoI2 and besides all gameplay features, a thing I like in particular is the colors it uses, they're much more lively than the default ones.

This drove me to think "doesn't Victoria look a bit depressing? the colors aren't particularly great and some countries look just weird", so inspired by the colors countries use in both CORE and EU3, I decided to mess around with the colorscales.csv and country.csv files for VIP, what I got is this:
colorsca6.jpg

I wouldn't say it's 100% done, but if you like what you see, you can download it here.

Note that I've only tested the colors for VIP, I'm not quite sure how they'd work in Vanilla.

Last edited:
other than the turks, what countries did you change?
The changes are kind of subtle but if you look closer youll notice several colors are darker or less saturated and the sea is of a more "cheerful" tone, Spain has been made more of a gold color (as in EU3), for example. Some of the countries that actually had their color changed in an easily noticeable way are Egypt (normally orange in VIP) and Persia (now uses same color as Romania rather than the one Spain uses).