• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there an event that ends the Russo-Japanese war? Russia won't accept my very reasonable peace offer.

Yes there is

Code:
event = {
	id = 251278
	random = no
	country = RUS

Trigger = {
		war = { country = RUS country = NIP }
		flag = { name = RUSNIPWAR value = 1 }
		OR = {
			AND = {
				war_exhaustion = { country = RUS value = 5 }
				occupied = { country = RUS data = 2 } #2% of Russia occupied
				}
			AND = {
				war_exhaustion = { country = RUS value = 4 }
				control = { province = 491 data = NIP }
				control = { province = 1124 data = NIP }
				}
			AND = {
				ai = yes
				ai = NIP
				OR = {
					war_exhaustion = { country = RUS value = 1 }
					control = { province = 491 data = NIP }
					control = { province = 1124 data = NIP }
					control = { province = 1116 data = NIP }
					control = { province = 1117 data = NIP }
					control = { province = 1118 data = NIP }
					control = { province = 501 data = NIP }
					}
				}
			}
		}

name = "EVT251278N"
	desc = "EVT251278D"
	style = 0

date = { year = 1904 }
	offset = 10
	deathdate = { year = 1915 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTOHNO"
		ai_chance = 100
		command = { type = peace which = NIP value = 0 }
		command = { type = prestige value = -30 }
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = NIP value = 1124 } #NiP only got S Sakhalin
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = NIP value = 1128 }	#In case Russia took back the Kuriles
		command = { type = relation which = NIP value = 100 }
		command = { type = relation which = ENG value = 100 }
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTNOENDWAR"
		ai_chance = 0
		command = { type = pop_militancy which = 100 value = 1 } 
		command = { type = pop_consciousness which = 100 value = 2 } 
		command = { type = relation which = ENG value = -50 }
	}
}

in scenarios/vipscen/events/VIP_Russia.txt

There's alot of posts and I might missed it, but are there any plans to add more Dutch to the East Indies? I find it hard to believe that the entire Dutch population was centered in Batavia. Similar to the lack of a Spanish presence in Cuba if I remember correctly.

There's alot of posts and I might missed it, but are there any plans to add more Dutch to the East Indies? I find it hard to believe that the entire Dutch population was centered in Batavia. Similar to the lack of a Spanish presence in Cuba if I remember correctly.

I think the idea here was that the number of Dutch was too thinly spread over the whole of the East Indies, and so just concentrating on the 'capital', if you like, would be the best way. If you, or anyone else, could find information regarding the number of Dutch people in the Dutch East Indies around 1836-ish, as well as their positions, then the demographics can be altered accordingly.

Greetings
im playing as japan,the yera is 1864,my capitalists are doing pretty good, (all needs are covered,huge stockpiles of +1800 and getting bigger)

they've already built a couple of factories already(though no steel so far :/)
but they arent build any rail roads for quite a time now.

i have the tech and i've actually built them in important places,but when will my capis start to get all of japan RR's? does it have something to do with my uncivilized status?

and another question,just to be sure,its 1864,i have declined the dutch envoy,but accepted perry,am i on the right track? i havent had a constutional crisis yet,should i have had it?

thanks.

The fact that your capitalists have built factories but not railroads yet shows that the capitalist system is indeed functioning, but they have decided that it is more valuable/profitable to build factories. The capis should move on to railroads soon enough.

Thanks for the help.

my capis started to build railroads after i civilized,thoguh they're a bit slow since i dont want to have too many capis and only converted one more other than the ones i start with.

im in 1900s now,my empire is growing,im hoping to finish in the top 5,(already 5th),im just puzzeled on my government.
liberals have the Full citizenship,but a big part of my people are conservatives,they wouldnt be content with a liberal party in power,ooh choices,choices : /

Tongzhi Huiluan 1862 in North-west China

The Muslim in North-west China began to organize themselves and massacre Chinese(mostly Han )

The population

Official population statistic

In Zhe-Yuan shires of Gansu, the population fall from 269 thousand to 35 thousand, 87% lost

in the Region Pingliang, the population was reduced by 2.5 mio,

in the City of Pingliang, the population fall from 92.8 to 10.6 88.6% lost

The Muslim massacre Han citizen during the riot.

in 1861, the population of province Gansu is 19.5 mio, in 1880, 5 mio

The population of Shaanxi(Longxi, not Shanxi) 13 mio, in 1874, 7 mio

14.5+6=20.5 mio, in these two provinces, and actually, the riot was then spread in Qinghai, Inner Mongolia, Shanxi, NIngxia and some provinces nearby.

If you believe the report of CNN which says that no Chinese were killed in the riot in 1998 in Indonesia, please just ignore what I'm posting here.

And then the Chinese fled towards east and the Muslim began to settle there and expend, and it went on and went on.....

JRaup has worked on some Chinese events for the famines, etc... of the time. I *think* he is working on/has worked on some Chinese revolts too??
If you believe the report of CNN which says that no Chinese were killed in the riot in 1998 in Indonesia, please just ignore what I'm posting here.
1998?? This is well after the VIP timeframe of 1836-1936.

Well, first off, there will be no mass killings or ethnic cleansing or such in game. Sorry, that's policy and inviolate.

That said, there are events in place for several revolts in China. Including risings in Xian and along the Western borders. They are not as detailed as they could be, but they are there.

As far as famines go, I'm unsatisfied with the in game effects. The only one in ATM is the Yellow River flooding in the 1840's. Once that is at a satisfactory level in game, the rest will follow.

I think there is an error in the Taiping rebellion events. Victory of the empire event fires, but militancy doesnt change. The current line is

command = { type = pop_militancy value = -4 }

I think it should be

command = { type = pop_militancy which = 100 value = -4 }

It makes life quite hard when mil sticks at 9

I think there is an error in the Taiping rebellion events. Victory of the empire event fires, but militancy doesnt change. The current line is

I think it should be

Will fix for 0.3

I think it should be

Good catch. I see OH already has it...