• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Migthy

History is our playground
18 Badges
Mar 31, 2013
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
Viking Blood

Sweden.jpg

The Viking Blood will be a mega campaign AAR of Sweden through For the Glory, Victoria and Darkest Hour.
This is the first part of the AAR.
I am new to FtG so ... wish me luck. :unsure:

More info about Sweden in the first update.

CHAPTERS

Last edited:
Seriously? :) :happy:

Start in AGCEEP, is of best mod

Also, note that this forum is almost a wasteland, but I'll follow closely.

EDIT: Take Novgorod if possible, that will keep Russia significantly weaker.

Chapter I:
Death to the Kalmar Union!

tsar-peter-i-at-battle-of-poltava-1709.png

Getting out from the Union

January, 1419. The Kalmar Union is formed by three countries, Denmark, Norway and Sweden.
Sweden and Norway are vassals of Denmark. Our king is a Danish for a too long time.
The people of Sweden is waiting the opportunity to destroy the Kalmar Union !
1p8gwm.jpg

wv50eu.jpg

June 1419. Denmark is at war with Holstein and is demanding our participation. We decided to help them, for now.
344qeye.jpg

Norway, the loyal puppet of Denmark wants military acces through our country to get to the Holstein front. We refuse to risk our women to get raped by these uncivilized men !
1zq4tqo.jpg

December, 1420. After seeing how weak the Danes are against Holstein, and the continous scandal about the military acces through our country, the people rebelled against the Danish King and exiled him.
We are no longer a vassal of Denmark !
2ps4twm.jpg

The Kalmar Union is no longer an union without us !
359bwwx.jpg

Incredible reaction from Norway. They are claiming that we are fools and then they demanded to get annexed by Denmark.
The situation is getting harder and harder, but the alliance between Denmark and Sweden is still alive somehow.
258nl7q.jpg

By March 1421, the war with Holstein is over.
It is considered to be a desastrous defeat for the Danes.
6o0a4z.jpg

June, 1426, 5 years of peace and prosperity are comming to an end as Denmark wishses revenge from Holstein.
They are demanding our support, which we will not offer !
This might be the great opportunity to destroy Denmark !
28k11qw.jpg

My tip is that to fight the atrocious attrition in Scandinavia you should build a strong fleet of galleys (fairly cheap) and siege only provs with ports. Either that or blockade the coast while most of their units are in Denmark itself.

Scane and Gotland are their richer provinces, so firstly you should take them, you can leave Norway for later.

Aside from that, mint fully to hire Tax Collectors in all your provinces, they are vital.

Good luck, but I wouldn't count on it.

EDIT: Try not to annex anyone, as that will lead to the badboy wars. Just take provinces from larger countries or vassalise/diploannex.

Last edited:
The Scanian War

Victory_at_Narva.jpg

June, 1426. Denmark is once again at war with Holstein. They dared to demand our intervention, and we refused, breaking the alliance.
313godt.jpg

However, we found an another ally. Novgorod!
2qbfac6.jpg

July 28, 1426, we declared war against Denmark !
2lj2omp.jpg

The Danes are attacking us, but we managed to defend Vastergotland, while Bergslagen is about to fall.
11h3xfo.jpg

Anyway, the situation in South is very good as we are taking Skane!
eqnj14.jpg

And it's ours !
30holsh.jpg

The Danes are desperately seeking for peace !
2iafk28.jpg

By July 1428 the war was over. Skane is integrated in our state!
103wy39.jpg

1429, Sweden is at peace once again.
34dsqvt.jpg

Might seem like a small gain, but that's one of the only worthy provinces in Scandinavia. Furthermore, while usually stationary armies are a waste, crossing straits gives a terrible penalty to the attacker, so you can put a mostly cavarly army there and annihilate the Danes.

Also, that alliance with Novgorod is interesting. Their sliders give them the worst units in the game, so it can only be useful for keeping them alive until you've got Denmark off your back.

BTW, when you installed 1.3, did you install the previous patches first? Because they don't come with 1.3, so you can't use their features.

The Norwegian War

vyborg2.jpg

Our Eastern allies declared war against the Golden Horde. We refused to help them, declaring our departure from the alliance.
2h3n5ea.jpg

Lappland is no more a colony !
9bdksz.jpg

We entered in a royal marriage with Moscow and Saxony.
140xb1i.jpg

September 1443, Denmark declared war against us !
vfuueh.jpg

Their first attack failed in Vastergotland.
33mv0xd.jpg

Then we saved our besieged comrades in Bergslagen !
4ikhli.jpg

Now the time has come for us to attack ! The siege of Ostlandet had started.
wmgew2.jpg

A new ally!
219cns0.jpg

Ostlandet is ours by September 1435.
8zji8h.jpg

Jamtland has fallen too after 2 months.
1j02r.jpg

I don't think you should have left that alliance yet, as Novgorod will fall to a ever stronger Muscovy if you let it free. But if you want to jump on them, try to colonize the uninhabited provinces to the north, that way you can change their culture and religion before they become cities.
Also, try not to use large forces for sieging unless there's a real threat of a counterattack, as you'll much of your army, and pretty much all of it if it's winter.
I forgot to say previously that warships are completely useless in the 15th century, and are very expensive to keep, so you should get rid of them if you have any.

Still, it seems everythings going well so far.

Cizinec, now the Alien Invasion AAR is under Xie's control. He is busy for now, but he will be back soon.
I told him...when he will consider that he couldn't continue the AAR anymore, he can give it back to me.

Backstabbed

May, 1438. Trondelag is ours!
i5vdqc.jpg

Next year, Denmark offered us a peace treaty. They will give us Ostlandet, Narvik and Jamtland.
We accepted.
a9qm41.jpg

After recovering from the war, in 1443 we declared war to Novgorod !
2w2rozm.jpg

Koxholm is already about to fall.
t9b9mw.jpg

After liberating Koxholm and Ingermanland, we are at the gates of Novgorod city.
169l0df.jpg

1447, terrible news from west. Denmark declared war !
5eab28.jpg

Can't say more could have been expected... But seeing how small Denmark is now they should just starve in the winter while you finish off Novgorod. The benefit of defensive wars is that you can take provinces for a lower badboy cost.

IIRC Sweden only has bad monarchs until 1520, so you should leave the Russian Orthodox be until then (remember there's also the reformation).

The Rise of the Greater Sweden

After the declaration of war from Denmark, the good news came from the eastern front, our eastern enemies offered us peace .. even if we conquered almost all of Novgorod, we were happy to accept the money and to leave Novgorod.
It is the time for Norway to be integrated in our kingdom !
2dtuof7.jpg

After 2 years from the declaration of war, all of the Danish troops in Norway were destroyed, now we are besieging their cities.
qot92c.jpg

Trondelag and Bergenshus are the first ones to fall.
104er9x.jpg

December 1449, Denmark offered us peace. Norway is ours !
ruo9zp.jpg

Now is 1475, and we are ready to finish what we started long years ago ! TO ARMS!
2qjax4x.jpg

After one year of fighting, we destroyed their army and we are besieging their cities.
2s8py07.jpg

1447, all of Karelia is ours, and now we are marching to their capital !
jpwi13.jpg

And Novgorod is ours !
2460rwi.jpg

February 1478. We signed the peace treaty. We will recieve all of Karelia.
Now we are considered a super power !
The Greater Sweden is born !
2460rwi.jpg

The end of the first chapter

Well, Norway isn't really very strong, superpower...dom will have to wait until you annex Denmark and Novgorod.
In the period of peace between the war with Denmark and the war with Novgorod I had the chance to increase my economy and to consolidate my second position as a super power, but low chances against Spain to reach the first position.
Anyway, Denmark and Novgorod should make an alliance if they want to reach the next century. :laugh:

Thank you for follwing my AAR, Nein !
Without you I think I would have gave up..