A mod announcement for DH: "Drunkest Hour"

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

bosman

Major
17 Badges
Jan 30, 2009
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Majesty 2
  • Magicka
  • Iron Cross
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • For The Glory
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
6.jpg
The purpose of this mod is to bring a lot of fun into the game.

I don't know what will be the final shape of this mod yet but there are some guidelines:
- focused on economy, researches and intelligence
- most probably new and different map concept
- fighting will probably represent contention of alcoholic companies which are going to be an equivalent of countries
- three main alliances representing beer, vodka and wine (including cheap version)
- raw materials according to... :)
- many events to represent market takeover, prestige increase/decrease, new opportunities, consumer revolts :)P) etc.

If it becomes too hard to implement realistic model, I'm going to change only some essential elements and rest of the gameplay will stay as is now.

You should do Alchohol vs Cannabis vs LSD

Would dissent come in the form of sobriety?
:rofl:
That was one of my thoughts at the beginning to be sincere :)
Well I've got many conceptions for many aspects of this mod and in this case the dissent might represent workers dissent, consumer sobriety or maybe something else...
BTW if someone wants to participate in this project, it would be nice, because there need to be some work with GFX, events, techs, DBs, sounds :)D) and other things. So making it all alone will take much time.

The vodka's worth it. :D
indeed :D

I have some ideas of tech tree.
There would be for example 3 kind of doctrines:
-for producer (representing sale strategies)
-for customer (representing "indoctrination")
-for distributors
but division of doctrines could be:
-for beer
-for vodka
-for wine
as well.

Some ideas for doctrines:
Alcohol concentration doctrine, Beerstrike doctrine, Mixed tipples doctrine, Rapid inebriation doctrine, Alcopower/Quantity focus, Long-term reserves doctrine, Indirect addiction doctrine, Beerpacks doctrine, Mutual alcohol support doctrine, intriguing shape bottles doctrine...

Industrial techs could be like:
Pasteurization, improved/advanced distillation, stable brewing...

Of course even if real gameplay might not be most important I will definitely try to make it interesting.

Bosman, a personal question for you:

How many pints of beer do you consume per day? Must be quite a few to get an idea to create a mod like this. :D