Victoria 3 | Monthly Update #4 | October

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I wonder how the UK messed up to have English pops migrating to Thrace of all places!
Could be worse. Could be like the historical Welsh and end up in Donetsk.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Could be worse. Could be like the historical Welsh and end up in Donetsk.

Wasn't that more to do with that specific industrialist from Wales? Still a pretty weird situation anyway. Why there?

Reactions:
1634669892580.png

Somehow, the numbers dont match here. How come the farmers get less money than their dependents through odd jobs. Also, I know worker+dependent income here is not equal to their total income

• 2Like
Reactions:
View attachment 766289

I was looking the images of South American States. And actually 'Antioquía' is misspelled. The actual Department of Colombia is 'Antioquia' without accent in the 'i'. Aside for that little detail, awesome job!
I missed it in the video, but wasn't there a post on the forum a few weeks ago that the Pará region as here makes no sense, it being on the wrong side of the river and not including any major city in today's state and all ?

Somehow, the numbers dont match here. How come the farmers get less money than their dependents through odd jobs. Also, I know worker+dependent income here is not equal to their total income
I don't think those are averages - so three times the number of dependents doing odd jobs adds up to more income than the 9.12k formally employed.

Also think the 713 pounds refers to their wealth, not their income. The tooltips probably explain this...

Well I did expect political parties in the game for sure lol
The monthly updates just look at features revealed in the dev diaries, they don't reveal new features in them

• 1Like
Reactions:
Am I the only one to feel the birth and death rates are kinda crazy? Death rate of 8% means life expectancy at birth around 12 years, which is very low even by pre-industrial standards. And birth rate of 12% means that even if we assume fertile women at 25% of total pops (very generous assumption given the death rate and pop growth), it would require every fertile woman to give birth every two years, so again not realistic. The resulting growth rate of 4.5% is very high.

• 2Like
Reactions:
hello paradox, in the last video they released about victoria 3 it is very good, I am anxiously waiting for it to come out but I have doubts, because in general South America has so few states, Colombia in real life has 32 states (departments), although in That time if it would have fewer states but not so few, apparently in victory 3 they will only have 5 and that if the game follows what happened in history it will lose two of those, I do not understand why in their games in general They do not pay so much attention to Latin America, just putting Mexico and Spain in an acceptable way does not seem enough to me, thank you for your attention and I hope the game goes as well as possible.

Posdata: sorry fot my english XD

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Somehow, the numbers dont match here. How come the farmers get less money than their dependents through odd jobs.
Subsistence farmers work to eat rather than for pay; if their cash is mainly from odd jobs, it makes sense that the pops who aren't full-time farm workers can do more of it. The real question is what that looks like from the other side of the coin - do they have their food requirements waived by their job type or something?

(This is assuming that, in fact, subsistence farmers don't have to pay for their subsistence... if they do, then you're right, it's weird that they make less than their so-called dependents!)

Reactions:
Did they confirm the timing? All I remember seeing was Wiz's response saying they're looking at adding it in, but I didn't see a specific mention of when...
I do not expect them to add political parties seeing as how the rest of the game has been created. This is just a nice to have thing now(that has really low gameplay value) and they will only add it if they have enough time before the release date that they already know when it is. Seriously, they have already planned the release date and they will be focused upon finishing the game till then, with political parties being added maybe as a DLC later if there is enough demand and the game is stable.

Reactions:
as far as the economy is concerned, I think that if the products will be like in the other victoria it must not be the state that sells iron, wheat, coal, but must be managed by an ai, you as king, president, influence the economy. it is the capitalists who run the economy

Reactions:
Is that the Australian flag in this game? Does that mean that Australia is one colony? Wouldn't it make more sense to have the colonies as they were at the time?
1634678218924.png

Edit: Oh wait there's two flags. Seems it is NSW and South Australia. Nevermind, good job.

hello paradox, in the last video they released about victoria 3 it is very good, I am anxiously waiting for it to come out but I have doubts, because in general South America has so few states, Colombia in real life has 32 states (departments), although in That time if it would have fewer states but not so few, apparently in victory 3 they will only have 5 and that if the game follows what happened in history it will lose two of those, I do not understand why in their games in general They do not pay so much attention to Latin America, just putting Mexico and Spain in an acceptable way does not seem enough to me, thank you for your attention and I hope the game goes as well as possible.

Posdata: sorry fot my english XD
Sometimes it is due to technical aspects of the game. You can't put all the real provinces or states in a Regionwith its accurate location because it's too many data to handle for the game. Paradox, in this game has shown that they have researched more information, New Granada is the accurate name for Colombia at than point of the History for example. Sometimes they cannot put all the provinces or they accurate location, New Granada had a few territories over Panama that now are owned by other nations. 'Costa de Mosquitos' for example. I'll put two maps below for reference. Mexico had a more complex historical process in this timeframe with the United States (a principal power later in the game), so I understad that it have more accurate represetation. Hopefully, with more updates or a paid DLCs, the South American Region have a llitle bit more of flavor, because in this timeframe, the actual political borders of theese nations were defined with several militar an political conflicts between them. ¡Saludos desde Colombia ;)!

1634679542703.png
1634679630086.png

I'll add this image with all the territories that the Country 'lost' over the time. It just be very difficult to implement in the game

1634680644861.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Is that the Australian flag in this game? Does that mean that Australia is one colony? Wouldn't it make more sense to have the colonies as they were at the time?
View attachment 766352

Edit: Oh wait there's two flags. Seems it is NSW and South Australia. Nevermind, good job.
It's the 1870s flag of South Australia and the New South Wales ensign that was used as an early Australian Federation flag.

Reactions: