Victoria 3 | Monthly Update #4 | October

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mass%20Migration%20Fixed.png
Migration%20Growth%20Fixed.png

hell.jpg

• 4Haha
Reactions:
Did they confirm the timing? All I remember seeing was Wiz's response saying they're looking at adding it in, but I didn't see a specific mention of when...
As the other reply said, they probably have a release date planned already and I doubt they have the time to add a feature like this

Reactions:
Did they confirm the timing? All I remember seeing was Wiz's response saying they're looking at adding it in, but I didn't see a specific mention of when...
In the Dev diary of interest groups, they mentioned they will get back to the topic “later”. What constitutes as later is up to ur interpretation - I assumed it to be late in the development process because of it being a recent addition following player feedback.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thought on Korea's provinces:
It seems that (as it's WIP, hopefully) Pararox has reused province of Korea from those of Vic II, which is quite unfortunate, considering how Vic3 will get translated into Korean, and how many Korean fans there are looking forward to play Vic3. Province in Vic 2 has little, if not none, historical or geographical accuracy to it nor does it have any aesthetic point to it.

(Image: From another Korean Paradox fan, who was kind enough to gave everybody his permission to upload in Paradox Forum)

rome-20211020-222545-003.png

This is Paradox's Province...
rome-20211020-222545-000.png

and this is traditional administrative provinces of Joseon/Korean Empire/Korea.

Note how Vic 2 has not only butchered the borders of them, but also named it after some cities. Paradox named Kanto Kanto, not Tokyo. But seriously, why Sariwon? Sariwon wasn't relatively big city then or is now; it's "fame", if it has any, would be from 'Sariwon Bulgogi' or 'Sariwon Myeonok', an instant food brand and a noodle franchise.

Considering how Jeolla-Chungcheong and Gyeongsang is apart by Mountains, and so is Pyeongan-Hwanghae and Hamgyeong, better provinces would be:

rome-20211020-222545-002.png

this.

Aesthetically, historically and geographically, this would be the best take on Korea. However, if Korea has to be divided in 4 provinces,

rome-20211020-222545-001.png

This would be alternative.

Last edited:
  • 29Like
Reactions:
In the Dev diary of interest groups, they mentioned they will get back to the topic “later”. What constitutes as later is up to ur interpretation - I assumed it to be late in the development process because of it being a recent addition following player feedback.
Yeah ok that makes sense. To be fair though, they hadn't even nailed down warfare before announcing. Compared to that, adding in political parties seems like a relatively small task. I wouldn't be surprised if it's in for launch tbh.

Nice bit of extra context and information! However, one image did leave me with more questions:

1634744747110.png

Does this mean the coastal area has lower agricultural throughput and infrastructure because its in the same area as the desert in the hinterland? Is Terrain not a feature in Vicky 3? Because those modifiers look like they should be part of the terrain of the hinterland rather then apply to the whole state.

Reactions:
I'm still not 100% sure on how the divided states work and just wanna confirm. So can we only take states from countries just like in Victoria 2 or can we also take the smaller provincial divisions like EU4? One thing I hated in Vicky 2 was only being able to take full states it lead to some ugly borders which I always like to avoid, If I'm italy I should be able to take the small portion of swizerland with italians without having to take half the country, and same for if I'm france/rgermany I should be able to take whatever parts of the country I want and not be forced to take full states.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm still not 100% sure on how the divided states work and just wanna confirm. So can we only take states from countries just like in Victoria 2 or can we also take the smaller provincial divisions like EU4? One thing I hated in Vicky 2 was only being able to take full states it lead to some ugly borders which I always like to avoid, If I'm italy I should be able to take the small portion of swizerland with italians without having to take half the country, and same for if I'm france/rgermany I should be able to take whatever parts of the country I want and not be forced to take full states.
I WROTE THIS IN THE OTHER POST MONTHLY READ IT WHY CAN I NOT TAKE A PART OF TUSCANY OR PIEDMONT?

• 2Haha
Reactions:
Based on what the Devs have said, in the current build you can only take part of states in very limited circumstances (like grabbing a treaty port), but they are working on making state splitting a more general system so you can make borders on the province level.

• 8Like
Reactions:
Nice bit of extra context and information! However, one image did leave me with more questions:

View attachment 766542

Does this mean the coastal area has lower agricultural throughput and infrastructure because its in the same area as the desert in the hinterland? Is Terrain not a feature in Vicky 3? Because those modifiers look like they should be part of the terrain of the hinterland rather then apply to the whole state.

Yeah, stuff like this is one of the serious problems with making everything state-level if they aren't willing to make a lot more states (enough to just about be back at provinces).

Reactions:
They cant really calculate everything on province level, the performance hit would be horrendous. But disabling province claims seems to be the wrong direction as not many states would be created in this fashion

Reactions:
Well I did expect political parties in the game for sure lol
They already said they won't be in the release version but will work them in later on. Originally the intent was to have politics simulated specifically through interest groups, but once they get around to parties I speculate that they'll have the interest groups simply work through parties or group through them for politics. I assume a fully fledged government simulation DLC is on the horizon at some point.

Reactions:

Buildings exist, to my knowledge, on the state level so that applies to every building there.

I wonder how the UK messed up to have English pops migrating to Thrace of all places!
Evil Norman invaders took their ancestral homes and they went to join the Varangian guard and seek their fortune under a warmer sun.

Reactions:
Time for another splendid Monthly Update Video from the Victoria 3 team! In this video, we are covering topics that relate to internal politics.

Topics covered, in order by time stamps:
00:23 - Standard of Living
04:15 - Political Movements
07:12 - Slavery
10:31 - States
12:54 - Migration

For the screenshots used in the video, please see the files attached to this post!
Paradox, please don't use these modern state borders for the Balkan countries:
1636669539411.png

Instead please look into the TGM (The Grand Combination) mod from Victoria 2: They have made insanely accurate ethnic borders and have made it possible for alternative history:
Ethnic map:
256117094_944969979783347_5587547735242884102_n.jpg

State map:
254636486_1708370856027824_5186813536284171599_n.jpg

General map:
254534661_209858061171967_7678816026979752466_n.jpg

Please take inspiration TGM as the mod is highly detail focused.
Also regarding the portraits, Bulgarians and Romanians rarely have red hair. Bulgarians mostly have dark eyes and dark hair. Less than 1% of Bulgarians have natural red hair.

Attachments

• Map Fixed.png
    Map Fixed.png
    973,9 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions: