Victoria 3: Hotfix 1.6.2 is now LIVE! - Not for Problem Reports!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PDX_Pelly

Community Manager Victoria 3
Paradox Staff
May 17, 2023
Hello Victorians!

We have a hotfix today, with a number of bugfixes and in particular fixing the internal migration issue reported by players.

Not for problem reports, but rather file any bug reports in the bug reporting forum, thank you!

Patchnotes

BugFixes
- Fixed CTD related to graphics and UI
- Fixed a crash that could occur when browsing different countries' census data
- Fixed an issue where South American cultures would spam the error log with errors, causing performance impact
- Fixed several possible errors caused by Garibaldi
- Fixed multiple miscellaneous script errors
- The River of Coffee journal entry will now fail properly if Brazil joins another market.
- Fixed bug where migration in a market would almost entirely stop if a culture in that market had no states it could migrate to (most often due to migration laws like Closed Borders)
- Fixed the mix up of Radicals/Loyalists sort buttons in the Census Data to sort on the correct value.
- Re-added the Ongoing Diplomatic Actions (bankroll, improve/damage relations) to the outliner based on player feedback.
- Fixed an issue where errors in Women's Suffrage modifiers could cause massive late-game slowdowns
- Fixed an issue where revolutions would cause error spam
- Fixed a missed scope in the Art Noveau event
- Fixed a bug where AI participants in Diplomatic Plays may compute the worth of its sways incorrectly
- Fixed a case where Call In Obligation sway might not clear the obligation
- Fixed a bug where an event script may cause error logging if Paraguay ceases to exist
- Embargoes are now possible at poor-and-lower relations
- Fixed a crash that could happen after starting a diplomatic play
- Fixed a bug in commander order script causing irrelevant error log spam when recruiting commanders
- Fixed a bug where the investment pool could tap into the treasury to cover private constructions if the country had a very long construction queue
- Fixed a bug where military formation map markers could show the wrong number of battalions if moving around the map while the game was paused
- Fixed a broken localization key in Japanese

AI
- AI will no longer disable Mobilization Options that have a cost (in Organization, Morale, etc) associated with them on a mobilized army, since in a fluctuating market this could lead to repeated toggling with disastrous results

All these error log changes together should hopefully improve performance but we are continuing to investigate the causes of the slowdown over time.

Previous Patchnotes
1.6, 1.6.1

• 71Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
- Re-added the Ongoing Diplomatic Actions (bankroll, improve/damage relations) to the outliner based on player feedback.
Oh, so it was intentional!
Well, glad it's reversed.
- Fixed bug where migration in a market would almost entirely stop if a culture in that market had no states it could migrate to (most often due to migration laws like Closed Borders)
Greeeeat.

Thanks PDS!

• 1Like
Reactions:
It solves all (known) major migration issues reported, or only this specific one? Like i had issues with internal migration as Russia, yet i don't have closed borders.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It solves all (known) major migration issues reported, or only this specific one? Like i had issues with internal migration as Russia, yet i don't have closed borders.
This looks like the bug that could occur if other countries in the same Market had Closed Borders. If that's your situation, then it might help you too.

• 1Like
Reactions:

The bug depends on your shared market, actually:

The bug where internal migration stops working happens in cases where one country in a shared market has restrictive migration laws while the others don't, and the database index of the restricted culture is lower than the database index of the permitted culture, triggering a sneaky premature "early-out" of the function that determines which states pops can move to. This means that in some cases, a certain country enacting restrictive laws can have seemingly no impact at all, while in other cases it causes no migration whatsoever.

This wasn't caught in our testing because in most cases, this sort of bug only manifests in the middle of an organic playthrough, if at all (though it can be catastrophic when it happens). Most features aren't tested with several dedicated organic playthroughs under different conditions, since this would take every feature roughly 100x longer to validate.

We're of course sorry this happened and very grateful to the community members who with their reports helped us track down the source of the problem. We're aiming for a hotfix for this issue and others sometime next week.

• 2Like
Reactions:
The game crashes a few years into the game, something I am more than willing to bet a few bucks on is strictly related to the dissolution of the Central American state since one of the errors I've spotted associated with the assert that caused said crash was for (GetProvince). Like the quickest I've had this happen has been 30 seconds after starting a game in observer mode, shortly after Nicaragua popped out.

Like, bruh, c'mon now--

The performance is noticeably improved even in this short time frame but God damn man.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The game crashes a few years into the game, something I am more than willing to bet a few bucks on is strictly related to the dissolution of the Central American state since one of the errors I've spotted associated with the assert that caused said crash was for (GetProvince). Like the quickest I've had this happen has been 30 seconds after starting a game in observer mode, shortly after Nicaragua popped out.

Like, bruh, c'mon now--

The performance is noticeably improved even in this short time frame but God damn man.
Do you have a bug report up for this? I'll pass on this message anyway!

Do you have a bug report up for this? I'll pass on this message anyway!
Writing one up as we speak, ran the test several times and validated the game files to make sure I didn't mess something up on my end. I know you don't like using the patch announcements threads for bug reports Pelly, but this one was downright hilarious after the initial shock wore off and I posted without thinking on it. That's my bad, sorry about the headache.

• 4Like
Reactions:
The newly added detailed population panel doesnt have the correct scaling. The gui 90% setting is too large. The gui 80% setting is too small. I wish there was an 85% setting. I changed the settings manually but setting it to 85% is automatically invalid.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Fixed a bug where the investment pool could tap into the treasury to cover private constructions if the country had a very long construction queue
Honestly thought this was intentional, and that you could get rid of it by switching to Laissez-Faire.

• 1Like
Reactions: