UPDATED 08/10/19 - Forum is being unlocked! (Connect your Steam account to sync your Owned Items!)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In my account, category "Owned Items" is an issue, because the "Hearts of Iron 4: Colonel Pic" does not shown. I think there is an wrong path to the .png file.

This is the path to the pic: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/styles/paradox/owneditems/icons/HoI4Cadet.png, HoI4Colonel.png

Can anybody check this please?
It's a known issue that will be fixed in the next maintenance. Basically the Owned Item plugin wasn't designed to display multiple icons and as such shows as broken, it works fine under your portrait though :).

i want just a mod,why can't i simply donwload from steam as all the games. Anyway i don't know why my steam account is not recognized.
I'll play another game

UPDATED 11/01/16
Due to some confusion and questions, I've updated the post with more information on what the actual link entails at the bottom.

Greetings everyone,
Changes to how owned items are registered on the forum has been made and it is awesome! All you need to get all your games registered is to follow the guide below!

Step 1.
Connect your Steam account.
View attachment 145269

Step 2.
Go to your owned items list.
View attachment 145270

Step 3.
Sync your games.
View attachment 145271

Step 4.
Enjoy :D!

This will fetch all the games you own on your Steam account and automatically add them to your OwnedItem list, effectively removing the need for you to register CD keys for each game you own! However, I'm sure there are questions so a very short FAQ:

I own non-Steam games!
Not a problem, you are still able to use the register a game feature!

I don't want to register my Steam account!
That's cool, we won't force you but it will make your life much simpler since you need to manually register your games one at a time.

UPDATE:
You don't need to link the account, this is true, however since keys will no longer be visible in your Steam library you will be unable to register the game UNLESS it's a physical copy of a game that was released before Steam. All new games released in physical form (HoI 4 and Stellaris for exaple) still requires Steam. For now, some keys are visible and will remain so until we turn them off, this is an ongoing process. If you don't link, you will be unable to access some parts of the forum but you will still be able to get help if you open a ticket.

My games are GONE?! What did you DO?!
Calm down, breath, your games are not gone ;)! Simply go to your account, break the Steam connect, re-establish the connection and then sync.

Do I need to manually sync the Owned Items every time I buy a new game?
Yes and no. The list is updated each time you log into the forum so if you have it set to "remember me" you will need to do it manually.

I've been accepted into a Beta, can I use this feature?
No, Beta access will only be available via codes distributed by us.

OMG the keys that used to show up in my Steam library are GONE!
Yes and this is intended. As we turn off the third party key distribution the keys will disappear over time. Not all products have had this done yet but the goal is to remove the need for users to register manually and instead just sync their Steam account to get all games registered to their accounts.

This Steam link, what does actually do, how does it work?
Basically it looks at your Steam profile, more specifically your owned items, and compares it to a list of our games. If any game ID you own matches our list, you get credited with it. That's it.

The script that does this is run on our server, Steam and Valve does not have any access to your Paradox details, they can't see your Paradox email, username etc. There has been concerns that Steam will "spy" on your account and I can wholeheartedly confirm that this isn't the case as they don't have access to your data.

Do I need to have Steam installed, does it need to be running?
No, you only need to register the game to your Steam profile, it doesn't matter if you run Steam or not.

But.... why? I liked the keys, can't you still use them as well?
Generating, maintaining and managing keys for our 100+ products was a massive undertaking. It could take hours to generate keys for a single product and it was never a feasible long term solution. By removing the need for keys we make it easier for our customers to get the credit they deserve.

It should also be added that doing this was feasible when we had a catalog of 20-30 games alas now as we have grown (and will continue to do so!) it has become unfeasible.

--

We will monitor this new feature closely but please report any problems you may encounter in this thread so I can address it properly.

We hope you enjoy the change and all feedback is greatly appreciated!

Reactions:
could you please fix syncing please. i just bought ck2, but owned items page says i dont own any games . i have registered it and am playing through steam. could mod makers plz upload mods to steam or regular forums. cos i had to hunt game of thrones mod from some shady sites. unfortunately ck2plus cannot be found anywhere.

k . i had to verify and douple check back and forth between mail and . think ill try to have fun with got and vanilla until somebody uploads current ck2plus to moddb or nexus .

From what I can see in my records your account isn't connected to your Steam account, which is why it won't show up.

..but registering CK2 manually with a CD Key (if one exists) is still possible , right ?

Not sure if game667 registered manually or tried to sync owned items only...

k . i had to verify and douple check back and forth between mail and . think ill try to have fun with got and vanilla until somebody uploads current ck2plus to moddb or nexus .

What is your issue ?
To sync you have to go into your Paradox account (click on your email address on the very top right to get there) go to Settings and click connect at the Steam option.
Just like in the picture of the opening post.

thank you Aadvark that was my style of nice and clear . my issue was new to forum layout and fookin shrt temper. ths might be 5th or 6th time im trying to get into paradox strategy. finally realizing the basics of game mechanics.

thank you Aadvark that was my style of nice and clear . my issue was new to forum layout and fookin shrt temper. ths might be 5th or 6th time im trying to get into paradox strategy. finally realizing the basics of game mechanics.

Great.Good that it now worked. If you have a short temper, welcome to Paradox. You will have fun ! :D
I'd also recommend you read the forum rules (OT section has its own) at least once: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?help/terms
For information purposes. ;)
Cheers

PS:
Yeah i don''t think it's mentioned anywhere how to get to your Paradox account.
Well...

Any idea why I can't see the Stellaris sub-forums even though I'm linked?

I have done this, but I still don't have access to support forums it just says "Please connect your Steam account to your Paradox account and sync your Owned Items to get access to this section"

I have done this, but I still don't have access to support forums it just says "Please connect your Steam account to your Paradox account and sync your Owned Items to get access to this section"
For what game are you missing access?