• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((I assure you, I've done no such thing. This recent event chain is as much news to you as it is to me!))

((My problem is with your character thats it.))

((Relax, I just borrowed Tempest's character for this little story, hope you don't mind :D))

((It's okay. I'm just a bit curious as to why my character would want to deal with Tom Cruise considering that his foreign policy has thus far been all about loosening Japan's dependence on the US and boosting ties with the Reich. :p))

Reactions:
((It's okay. I'm just a bit curious as to why my character would want to deal with Tom Cruise considering that his foreign policy has thus far been all about loosening Japan's dependence on the US and boosting ties with the Reich. :p))

((Congratulations! You got the reference!))

Oshiro (1864-1866): The Satsuma Rebellion

The first government of Meiji Japan would convene in Kyoto in the summer of 1864. Oshiro Kazuki created his cabinet and set forth plans to modernize Japan. His cabinet would be composed of many famous names. Date Munenari would lead the army, Hosokawa Mitsuhide would begin diplomatic talks. Tanabe Shinzou would write the budget. Tanabe's budget would be the only thing votes upon during the session. Most people feared that bills could divide the Diet and lead to instability. The budget though was only opposed by the most hardline-conservatives. With the budget passing, the time was right to begin the industrialization of Japan.

Tanabe Shinzou, Kishiwada Yukio, Hajamoto Yoshiro, and Akio Chosokame, were dubbed as the fathers of Japanese industry. Tanabe would create a steel factory in Tohuku, though with limited success. Hajamoto's glass factory in Kyushu would become profitable, but stole the workforce from Akio's munitions factory, which was small to begin comparing profits. Kishiwada would have the most success. His factory would be the most profitable, his Sake factory in Kansai. While in terms of wealth, Hajamoto was the wealthier individual, Kishiwada was not that far behind in wealth.

oqwKoyJ.jpg

(A factory in Kyushu)

Yet, the biggest event of the term came from the region of Kagoshima in southern Kyushu. Isa, a city in western Kagoshima, went dark in the winter of 1865. No telegraph messages out, no one came from the city, nothing. Date Munenari, Minister of War, assigned Yamamoto Hirakuni as General of the Southern Army, and ordered him to find out what was going on in Isa. Hirakuni sent out a scouting party, a party of about 100 men, to investigate. Only ten men returned. Turns out that Isa was under siege by Samurai rebels, former Samurai angered by the abandonment of tradition by Japan. They were joined by Daimyo who lost land after the Boshin War. The leader of this army was Matsui Ichiro, the Shogunate supporter who fled Japan to Korea after the fall of Edo. He had returned to Japan, to finish the job of killing the westernizers and traitors before Japan was lost forever.

Date Munenari had enough of the Shogunate. When he heard that Ichiro was leading the army, he exclaimed "Why won't our past stay in the past?!?" He ordered the Imperial Navy led by Admiral Unryu Raizo to blockade Isa, while Hirakuni went to siege the city. The rebels were effectively encircled and pounded by new cannons ordered by the Minister. Matsui had to get out of the city. He saw though that in a forest area north of the city had a weak Imperial line. Matsui concentrated his forces there, and broke out of the city. His army escaped Isa and fled into Kumamoto. Along the way, they recruited Samurai and angry reactionaries, and killing Europeans and pro-modernizes. They even managed to sack the city of Kumamoto, the home of Hosokawa Mitsuhide, considered by Matsui to be the bane of tradition.

I1zhne6.jpg

(Samurai rebels attacking Imperials)

Matsui's success though was cut short. He continued his trek through Kumamoto Province, and pushed north to hopefully take Nagasaki. However they were caught in the middle of an encirclement. General Hirakuni ordered the deployment of Corps IV stationed in Hiroshima to help Corps II. The two Corps surrounded the Samurai, and thus began the Last Stand of Matsui. The Samurai were pounded with shells, bullets, and shrapnel. They fought valiantly, and in true Samurai fashion, all Samurai and Daimyo fighting under Matsui died. Matsui Ichiro himself would be gravely wounded, and would commit seppuku in front of thousands of Imperial soldiers, rather than be taken alive. With the death of the last true opponent to the Meiji government, the solidification of Japan's western status was cemented.

Matsui Ichiro and his Samurai may have fallen, but some soldiers did surrender. These men were Koreans. At first, it was expected, Matsui was in Korea, so it made sense for him to have Koreans with him. Yet, these were not Korean peasants or bandits wanting gold, they were well armed and armored, and look professional. Questions arose, and Date Munenari wanted answers.
------------------------------
Player Actions Needed: Going to let you post some stuff, will open the vote tonight for new stuff. Also Andre is dead.

Last edited:
zmOG2lJ.png

wZLPKJq.png

aTTanCw.png

97oyU4L.png

htgbHJV.png

3HTn1PC.png

XlFH5Sf.png

iEEWEWE.png

J4PiwUB.png

IJBSS31.png

pIE0zxd.png

((IAAR-Interventionism is my weird economic policy I modded in to give the same benefits of interventionism, but allow me to build your factories))
rMALLx1.png

ag6yeec.png

qzQ9iE2.png

9w9Bxw2.png

RDP3jKJ.png

Profits:

Tanabe Shinzou ((TJDS)):
Profit: 11 credits
Wealth: 1,621 credits
Debt: 8,800 credits

Kishiwada Yukio ((mrlifeless)):
Profit: 4,015 credits
Wealth: 6,195 credits
Debt: 0 credits

Akio Chosokame ((luftwarrior)):
Profit: 0 credits, made no profit, but since his factories were all subsidized, he looses no money
Wealth: 100 credits
Debt: 1,100 credits

Hajamoto Yoshiro ((liefwarrior)):
Profit: 1,679 credits
Wealth: 7,909 credits
Debt: 0 credits

As of now, liefwarrior is the richest, so he earns the +3 voting power.

Last edited:
We should have killed that worm Matsui when we had the chance. Now he led an army of Koreas to conquer Nippon! Oh the Irony.

The Japanese Foreign Ministry wishes to announce that it strongly condemns the laxity of the Korean government in allowing its brigands and vagrants to interfere with Japanese security, and expects the Korean government to pay full compensation for any and all damage caused by its subjects on Japanese soil.

I fully expect that the Minister of Justice will conduct a full, fair and thorough investigation as to the cause of this recent terrorist attack, and should any foreign power be found to have colluded with or aided Matsui and his terrorists in any way, Japan reserves the right to pursue further action.

-- Hosokawa-dono, Foreign Secretary.

((Congratulations! You got the reference!))

((I love that movie.))

((Can anyone see the screenshots, I can't))
((Naxhi said he will get screenshots up in 1.5 hours that was 1.25 hours ago, so 15 minutes.))

Last edited:
((Ok I was just confused))
((I am so annoyed that my factory didn't work, I thought it was a dead cert to succeed especially when it was coal and in a different province to the other factories))

((Luftwafer, a major rule of the forums is to not make multiple posts in a row.

Also, mrlifeless REMEMBER TO PUT OOC IN (()) :p))

((Screenshots up))

Last edited:
Reactions:
I request a 3,105 pound loan form the bank of japan for the expansion of Sake factory.

Matsui Ichiro is a traitor. He betray his motherland, his brothers and his Emperor.
As Minister of Justice I ask to the Minister of Interor a collaboration to found the remains of those shameful traitors.
We will found them and their punishment will be death.
Also I ask to our Prime Minister Kazaki and Minister of War Munenari to not leave Korea impunished. They are guilty as Ichiro.

-- Takeshi Ohba, Minister of Justice