Two and a half quick questions about tech

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Zamensis

Second Lieutenant
74 Badges
Jun 8, 2011
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Rome Gold
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Stellaris
  • Imperator: Rome
  • 500k Club
1. Does research speed increases after the historical year? I'm wondering whether editing one tech from 1936 to, say, 1925 will make it faster to research on Jan 1st '36?

1bis. If so, when does the bonus kick in? Say the historical year is 1936. Does the bonus kick in on Jan 1st '36 or Jan 1st '37?

2. I noticed, somewhere between 1.08 and 1.12, Mech '41 has been changed so that it does not require Mot '41 anymore, but rather only Semi-mot Cav. Out of curiosity, why was this changed? I get it that it makes it easier to research and produce Mech divisions earlier (useful for GER especially I suppose), but I'm not sure what to think of it. Wouldn't any mech theory be tested with trucks in the first place?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Technically if you started researching say 1,200 days after the recommended date rather than 1,000 wouldn't that mean that for the 1st 200 days it would have the max bonus before that started to decline?
Huh? If you're researching something 1,000 days after the recommended date, you'd get the maximum bonus from start to finish.

As Germany, I want to research year-1941 divisions early enough that I can upgrade as many as possible for Barbarossa.
Tech rushing land units feels like a must for Germany, UK, France, USSR (especially) and Japan for the period 36-41 - and everyone else (including them) thereafter.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0