• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is not better to use normal instead of aggressieve? Because ai is more reckless in his attacks an more suicidal. So they left there backfront undefended. And is easier to encircle them.
actually agreesiveness only applies to DOW and not whether to attack or not. its a bit of a pointless option

actually agreesiveness only applies to DOW and not whether to attack or not. its a bit of a pointless option
I thinks its not only higher change that AI will Dow u.

See the following links for this:

I think when setting the AI aggresive level to for example coward, The AI will hardly dow u, but also will defend more. Not going do attacks and leave the province where it came from empty.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm gonna have to ask a dude about what it does because im getting conflicting info and he's usually right.

The way I learned personally the aggressive or furious AI does nothing for diplo and just attacks harder?

I'm gonna have to ask a dude about what it does because im getting conflicting info and he's usually right.

The way I learned personally the aggressive or furious AI does nothing for diplo and just attacks harder?
Aggressive or furious AI doesn't make AI "better". AI is just annexing smaller nations faster, things like that.

Aggressive or furious AI doesn't make AI "better". AI is just annexing smaller nations faster, things like that.
Just for the record I never implied better I implied attacks more speculatively, making both holding a static front harder and encircling them easier.

That said, your claim, can you back it up with a credible source?

I might be wrong, but AFAIK the AI annexes a country whenever it gets the chance to do so. Aggressive means they will attack relentlessly, no matter (almost) the odds. But it also makes it easier to encircle and destroy them, even more so when the units are weakened from constant attacks.

I might be wrong, but AFAIK the AI annexes a country whenever it gets the chance to do so. Aggressive means they will attack relentlessly, no matter (almost) the odds. But it also makes it easier to encircle and destroy them, even more so when the units are weakened from constant attacks.

That's exactly how I learnt it. Sad thing is we will probably never know. Not long ago 3 veteran players talked about radars and each one had heard it from a developer how they worked, 1 province, 1 province plus one around or 1 province plus any water tiles around. In the end, figuring that testing who was right would be work better not spent.

It can be interesting too with some mysteries in the game.

I would recommend for Hard and aggressive, otherwise its just too easy
Yeah but what about a player that isnt as experienced as you and runs a web page dedicated to the predecessor games and plays weekly MP games in one of its offshoots?

HoI3 even has the ability, and to use it is pushed on you, to do things like play Germany but never touch diplomacy, research or construction, but just si and fight with whatever the AI decides to build you. Considering paradox learned they needed to do that for this game, I think its safe to say some people benefit from easier difficulties.

Normal/Normal the best setting for the TRP Mod?
In my opinion generally yes, because you will have a pretty tough time whoever you are. All axis are basically in a terrible spot. The USSR has to get barbed, China too has their version of that, and About difficulty modifiers I dislike two things most, 1> my ic being lower than normal and 2> enemy units having artificial buffs to their power. You can therefore make your own difficulty by opening the file called difficulty and change it so that for example its all like normal except the AI has 30% bonus to resource and IC. But those are just my tastes in tweaking difficulty. I dont want an IC penalty because then it wont teach me good build ups for MP, and the militia divisions fighting like brigaded modern infantry is just a pet peeve, although I suppose for the same reason> your SP game wont be useful in terms of stress testing for MP games, which are much more fun imo.

You can also set these difficulty options per alliance, so if you want a monster USA but easy barb or the opposite no D day but the soviets are incredibly powerful, you can set that up as germany in a few seconds.