• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Should be ignored. My tool only takes what it needs.

By the way, I found two new ways to deploy it that should work on your device. I'll add it to the OP.
It works finally!
Good job !
Great to have the dyn name as comment aside the Id in the character file, same for parents.

It works finally!
Good job !
Great to have the dyn name as comment aside the Id in the character file, same for parents.
Awesome! Please let me know if you have any requests for improvements :D

Awesome! Please let me know if you have any requests for improvements :D
The tool doesn't like much files done with Gramps. It did work until some point (some file from this morning) but not anymore with more stuff in it.
I'll try to see what can bother him :D

Small issue with the generated file : the character IDs are not sorted in ascending order. The numbering follow the various dynasties in a logical way though.
example of what it can give then :
generated IDs :
dynasty 1 : char 10;11;12
dynasty 2 : char 13;14;15
in the character file :
Char 10;12;14;15;11;12

About improvments, I guess some more autofilling could be nice : a set of default attributes, that can be overidden by NOTES, a random education trait if none specified, auto death date if none defined (semi-random calculation AKA fictive lifespan).
Maybe a way to track title holders so it can generate a title history file. f.e. example each character with an e_hre entry will be listed in the e_hre file, based on their predecessor death date and their own deathdate. Maybe a bit out of the tool's scope though :p

The tool doesn't like much files done with Gramps. It did work until some point (some file from this morning) but not anymore with more stuff in it.
I'll try to see what can bother him :D
Please do send me any ged/csv files that bother him! :) I can debug and see where it goes wrong.
Small issue with the generated file : the character IDs are not sorted in ascending order.
Noticed that; didn't make it a very high priority to fix: it is ordered by when you added them to the ged file, if I am correct. I could always sort by id though.
a set of default attributes, that can be overidden by NOTES, a random education trait if none specified
I'm pretty sure the game actually already does that? Lots of historic entries don't have traits added in their character script, but do get them in a game. There's even a special script command to disable the trait generation.
auto death date if none defined (semi-random calculation AKA fictive lifespan).
Good one! I can do that.
Maybe a way to track title holders so it can generate a title history file. f.e. example each character with an e_hre entry will be listed in the e_hre file, based on their predecessor death date and their own deathdate. Maybe a bit out of the tool's scope though :p
Ooof, it's probably doable, but let's say I won't put it on the top of my list ^^; Title management is something you would want to be done with a bit more control, and I think that's what scenario editors are for.

so here are two .ged
untitled1.ged works, Untitled_bis.ged not

I think you gave me the wrong zip :)

hehe sorry :D !

Attachments

• Untitled_1.zip
    1.007 bytes · Views: 6
Updated to version 1.1!

Now you can actually see when you mess up with the GEDCOM, and get some sarcastic pointers as to where the problem lies :D
Also fixed some issues with parsing Arko's files, and made the folder structure a tiny bit neater: now enter your input files (csv and ged) in the appropriately-named InputFiles folder, and the dynasty and character files will go to the OutputFiles folder.

Are you planning on updating it further?
Not right now (I'm on vacation in Latvia and won't be back until the end of July), but definitely on my list :)

Finally can backup my geni.com genealogy to CK2 :cool:

Great tool! Unfortunately I hit a bug with the importer though:

Code:
Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index and length must refer to a location within the string
Parameter name: length
   at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
   at CK2CharacterCreator.GedcomReader.PersonToCharacter(GedcomIndividualRecord person, String& errormsg) in C:\User
rmK\Source\Repos\CK2CharacterCreator\CK2CharacterCreator\GedcomReader.cs:line 85
   at CK2CharacterCreator.GedcomReader.ReadGedcom(String pathToGedcom, String& errormsg) in C:\Users\HarmK\Source\Re
CK2CharacterCreator\CK2CharacterCreator\GedcomReader.cs:line 23
   at CK2CharacterCreator.Program..ctor() in C:\Users\HarmK\Source\Repos\CK2CharacterCreator\CK2CharacterCreator\Pro
.cs:line 85
   at CK2CharacterCreator.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\HarmK\Source\Repos\CK2CharacterCreator\CK2Characte
ator\Program.cs:line 20

Is there any chance the source for GEDCOM-to-CK2 is open source on Github or somewhere else?

I would be happy to contribute fixes back! Thanks for sharing this.

Great tool! Unfortunately I hit a bug with the importer though:

Code:
Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index and length must refer to a location within the string
Parameter name: length
   at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
   at CK2CharacterCreator.GedcomReader.PersonToCharacter(GedcomIndividualRecord person, String& errormsg) in C:\User
rmK\Source\Repos\CK2CharacterCreator\CK2CharacterCreator\GedcomReader.cs:line 85
   at CK2CharacterCreator.GedcomReader.ReadGedcom(String pathToGedcom, String& errormsg) in C:\Users\HarmK\Source\Re
CK2CharacterCreator\CK2CharacterCreator\GedcomReader.cs:line 23
   at CK2CharacterCreator.Program..ctor() in C:\Users\HarmK\Source\Repos\CK2CharacterCreator\CK2CharacterCreator\Pro
.cs:line 85
   at CK2CharacterCreator.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\HarmK\Source\Repos\CK2CharacterCreator\CK2Characte
ator\Program.cs:line 20

Is there any chance the source for GEDCOM-to-CK2 is open source on Github or somewhere else?

I would be happy to contribute fixes back! Thanks for sharing this.
Excellent idea! I whipped up a repo:
Been a while since I last touched the code; I meant to refactor it for CK3 release as well, as soon as I get a good look at the way they store characters/dynasties.

I think your issue might be that you have a birth year of less than four digits? I guess I'm used to padding those with zeroes, since that's how my GEDCOM tool of choice works. Should be easy to fix if it's that.

Excellent idea! I whipped up a repo:
Been a while since I last touched the code; I meant to refactor it for CK3 release as well, as soon as I get a good look at the way they store characters/dynasties.

I think your issue might be that you have a birth year of less than four digits? I guess I'm used to padding those with zeroes, since that's how my GEDCOM tool of choice works. Should be easy to fix if it's that.

Brilliant for CK2 - I used this all the time for my complicate family trees. Really missing it in CK3 though.