• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I will post later this week a small fix on the armypositions, as also St.Lucia has its army put somewhere north of Aleutes. I hoped that I had tracked down the known Alaska provs already but indeed, Walachia still knows about it and whoever sacks it knows it as well. I noticed the Marshall islands issue already, some German minors know that prov. In both cases it is due to the fact that the id's used were previously seazones in Europe and, apparently, I did not manage to remove all of these from files. Will update that as well. I guess there are still more naming problems, will correct the one's mentionned. On Mameluks I won't change anything (yet) though: they were shiite in standard game and I like them to dissolve, otherwise they are far too powerful. I have not seen such easily dissolving Mameluks in my tests anyway and I ran about 10 games already in the last 3 weeks with these condition. ;)

Oh, and no, this map definitely won't be used for MES. That's an entirely separate project, one for which I have unfortunately ridiculously few time for atm though. :(

Kong Skjold said:
Found a few bugs on your map:

Name related:
The province of Sussex is called Kent
The province of Modena is called Emilia
The province of Glouchester is called Bristol
The province of Essex is called Anglia

There are also som incoherency between the two spellings of slesvig. Which on the map is called Sleswick (The english translation???) and in the game is called Schlesvig. - Not that it matters that much since it is obvious which province the game refers to!
These minor errors can be confusing, but does affect gameplay.

These however do:
The army sprite in Napoli is located just a bit north of Hawaii (guess they are surfing :cool: ), making it almost imposible to find them when you need to move around with them.
The first thing Austria does in each game is to colonize Alaska.
Likewise one of the first things Sweden does is to colonize the Marshall Islands.
I think that the problem is that All European nations can see these provinces from the beginning, but i haven't checked.

Finally I am not sure that the mamelukes needs to be shiite from the beginning of the game since they are way to weak. In the two games I have started so far, they're perishing from the beginning of the game. The OE barly have time to get a slice of pie before it is "bye bye" to the soft cushion!

Hope I have been helpfull!

The province was originally called Kent, but I suggested that Kasperus change it to it's correct name, Sussex. This is because Kent is simply a place within the English county of Sussex.

The same can be said for Gloucester, Essex and Modena, as I can't be arsed to explain southern English (and Italian) geography to you, but take my word for it, the UK is correct :)

Last edited:
Jimbo_Jools said:
The province was originally called Kent, but I suggested that Kasperus change it to it's correct name, Sussex. This is because Kent is simply a place within the English country of Sussex.

The same can be said for Gloucester, Essex and Modena, as I can't be arsed to explain southern English (and Italian) geography to you, but take my word for it, the UK is correct :)
That ain't what he means, he says that Sussex on the map is called Kent in province.csv etc and he is right about the fact that it is a bug (not a big one but still ;))

Jimbo_Jools said:
The province was originally called Kent, but I suggested that Kasperus change it to it's correct name, Sussex. This is because Kent is simply a place within the English county of Sussex.

Uh, for the purposes of Kesperus' map maybe, but not IRL, right?

About modified province setting , i think you have better experience. I just want to know about modified COT coordinate and Strom coordinat (for sea provs). couse always appear in the middle of provs. that become issue if COT appear in islands that will located on the sea. or strom if there is island in the midlle of sea provs. Do you know how to fix that????

Kasperus, I intend to install the updated final map later today.

In the mean time, any chance you could please throw up some updated screenshots of Europe, the Americas, Russia and Turkey, please?

The promised update. Fixes include:
-Fixed the armyposition bug in Naples and St.Lucia
-Fixed armymovement problems in some Indian provinces
-Fixed some prov-names in province.csv
-No European should know anymore about Marshall islands or Alaska in 1419
-added a strait connection between Long Island and Us East-coast
-modified a few colonial names to fit with the map (optional, includes just a few modified Portuguese names which were annoying me when I played Portugal las weekend ;))

http://home.student.uva.nl/kacper.vandenheuvel/watk101005.rar (0,1 mb)
UnRAR over the base map (watk 300905)

Link to original map:
http://home.student.uva.nl/kacper.vandenheuvel/watk300905.rar (12,2 mb)

All the links for me and this is a rather reliable server (my univs) so I don't know what problems anyone might have. Might be that some browsers have problems with the RAR extension of the file.

I had to remove the last screens and grayscale images because of lack of space (and because the map can be downloaded after all). I'll try to upload some screenies to somewhere tonight though...

Last edited:
Jimbo_Jools said:
This is because Kent is simply a place within the English county of Sussex.

Sorry but that's just not correct.
Kent and Sussex are both seperate counties. They have been seperate since they were both individual kingdoms in the Anglo-Saxon period.
Now as for which of the two makes the best province name.......... ;)

Some random screens then.
screen1.gif

screen2.gif

screen3.gif

screen4.gif

screen5.gif

screen6.gif

screen7.gif

screen8.gif

screen9.gif

screen10.gif

The screenshots look great; especially the Carniola province. I'm loading up the WATK Grand Campaign now.

Last edited:
You need to run the WATK grand campaign and not The Grand Campaign (especially if you had an earlier version of my map - standard GC should ctd on startup instead ;)). I should have metionned that somewhere I guess...

Kasperus said:
You need to run the WATK grand campaign and not The Grand Campaign (especially if you had an earlier version of my map - standard GC should ctd on startup instead ;)). I should have metionned that somewhere I guess...
Yeah, I just noticed that. I originally selected your GC and saw that only France was selectable, so I figured it was a special scenario. So, I tried loading up the Grand Campaign (which didn't work). Once I realized what I did wrong, I edited my original post, but you had already replied to it. Thanks!

I noticed a few spelling inconsistencies like Stiermark (insted of Styria or Steiermark). The Baltic and Adriatic coastlines look superb.

One pre-selected country was for testing purposes. I didn't think of changing it back since all my personal scenarios have just 1 pre-selected country. Having more has no real purpose in single player anyway and it makes it easier to reload a game as a different country.

And I guess there are more spelling mistakes and typo's on the map. I might, provided that I found more problems like that, fix it one day, but right now I don't really have the time to do all the work it requires.

muttoneer said:
Sorry but that's just not correct.
Kent and Sussex are both seperate counties. They have been seperate since they were both individual kingdoms in the Anglo-Saxon period.
Now as for which of the two makes the best province name.......... ;)

You are correct. I am incorrect. I shall never post again :(