• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'll admit it, I haven't thought about this AAR in several days. However on a whim I decided to check in here again, and I agree. It does need an update. And so I loaded up regular AGCEEP with every intent of playing for a few decades and updating here. However much to my dismay I have discovered that in adding the MyMap information, I can no longer run regular AGCEEP. I can still run old vanilla EUII, but not regular AGCEEP. :confused: So I can not run this file anymore, very sad. However to make amends I will make a new Welsh AAR using MyMap, and post the first update tonight. Since I wanted to play as Wales in MyMap anyway, this now gives me an excuse to do so. Now I suppose I could mess around with the files a bit and try to fix things up, but I have no desire to try my hand at doing so; as I normally just make problems worse instead of fixing them.

So, once again sorry. :(

EDIT: Interestingly MyMap isn't letting me play as Wales. I know it exists, I can set it as an independent country, but it won't let me pick them at the start of the game. Nor is it letting me loading a saved game up as Wales either.

I guess Wales is cursed and I should just get over them. I suppose I'll to have to just make a totally new AAR of some sort and accept this whole experience as a failure. :(

Last edited:
Earl of Duke said:
I'll admit it, I haven't thought about this AAR in several days. However on a whim I decided to check in here again, and I agree. It does need an update. And so I loaded up regular AGCEEP with every intent of playing for a few decades and updating here. However much to my dismay I have discovered that in adding the MyMap information, I can no longer run regular AGCEEP. I can still run old vanilla EUII, but not regular AGCEEP. :confused: So I can not run this file anymore, very sad. However to make amends I will make a new Welsh AAR using MyMap, and post the first update tonight. Since I wanted to play as Wales in MyMap anyway, this now gives me an excuse to do so. Now I suppose I could mess around with the files a bit and try to fix things up, but I have no desire to try my hand at doing so; as I normally just make problems worse instead of fixing them.

So, once again sorry. :(

EDIT: Interestingly MyMap isn't letting me play as Wales. I know it exists, I can set it as an independent country, but it won't let me pick them at the start of the game. Nor is it letting me loading a saved game up as Wales either.

I guess Wales is cursed and I should just get over them. I suppose I'll to have to just make a totally new AAR of some sort and accept this whole experience as a failure. :(
I think the best is to do a totally new AAR, however keep the files of this one. It won't hurt. And do not see this one as a failure, there is no reason to do so.

Love this AAR

Just heard of this game from a review that was on the Relic forums and I stumbled accross this AAR. Great stuff. I think I shall defo have to get this game.

On the AAY speaking as an Irishman I feel that we would be more suited to control a Celtic Hegemony. However gining the ould enemy a kicking (The English) sounds good to me..... ;)

Anyway great writing too. Hope you revive it.......