• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Uh oh...I sense dwarf tossing in the near future.

Though I know nothing of CK and not too much of the warhammer fantasy world, this has been a real blast to read.

Though I know nothing of CK and not too much of the warhammer fantasy world, this has been a real blast to read.

Thank you, i'm glad people are enjoying it! Now to type out a fully fleshed chapter and not one like the last two paragraphs which I was disappointed with myself for putting them up in all honesty, they could have been much more fleshed out like the rest of the story.

You should check out Warhammer Fantasy Lore tbh... i'm more of a 40k guy myself but I've read up on the Fantasy lore since playing this mod and playing games like Total War: Warhammer.

Part Twenty One (Chapter Three)

*The smell of death and decay hung in the air like fog, even the battle tested warriors of Chorpan's retinue let out the odd cough at how overpowering it was... The Master of Shadows though crouched in the overgrown shrubs undisturbed by the stench of the rotting villagers, he then turned to the Commanding officer of the troops.*

"We can't be far behind them... though the bodies look like they have been rotting for weeks, the burnt timber is still warm, i'd say several hours at most..."

*The Commander gave a cursory glance over his men...*

"We seem to be gaining ground on them rapidly but being so close to such pestilence is having an effect on the men though the warding placed on them by the Zar stops the worst of it, the diseases that aren't magical in nature seem to be getting to them..."

*The Master of Shadows also looked back... the muffled coughs and splutters from the men had become more regular and intense over the past few days*

"Fine we will rest for a few hours, but before that get your best warriors to hunt for some uncorrupted game, then we'll rest and eat..."

*The Master of Shadows looks past the burnt village the obvious tracks of armoured men, horses and a carriage led onto a forest road.*

*Several hours later, bellies full, most of the party were resting... except a few guards and the Master of Shadows, his cat like guys staring into the blackness around them, his eyes say nothing... but his ears weren't to be deceived by the seemingly empty dark, a sharp snap of a branch alerted his glare and that of the guard next to him before he could make out several distorted shapes emerged from the forest, the hunters had been found...*

"Pestigors... TO ARMS!" *Shouts and bells rang though the night air followed by the guttural cries of the disease ridden beastmen*

*Luckily the beastmen had been spotted before they could get close or it could have been a bloodbath, the Warriors of the Zar were still on the back foot though, the majority of them were unarmoured, some managed chest armour, the only Warriors fully ready for the fight were those on watch... and the Master of Shadows.*

"Commander, rally your men, I will try and dispatch the largest bull to weaken their resolve!"

*A quick nod was followed by barked orders...*

"Hes mad charging into... that! he will get himself killed." *A Warrior was overheard saying by the Commander, followed by the commander laughing*

"Worry not for the Assassin, he didn't get to where he is by been an ear-worming weakling. Now prepare yourself, the Pestigors will likely charge straight past the Assassin and try to rout us! Remember you are the Elite of the Zar, don't let these vile cretins best you! Archers try to thin the herd!"

*As predicted the Master of Shadows dodged between charging Beastmen severing the odd tendon with his Kukris causing beastmen to fall or drop weapons as he past, arrows from the Warriors behind him began felling others, darting through the mass of rotting flesh it wasn't long before he saw it... a Hulking Banegor covered in corroded armour and surrounded by his vile Kin.*

"This will be a tough fight, maybe the hardest fight of my life... its a shame my Zar won't witness my victory!" *The assassin quickly thought...*

"TASTE THE WRATH OF THE ZAR YOU WRETCH!"

*The Assassin jumped on the closest Gor almost fully severing its head with both blades...*

*... The Retinue on the other hand didn't have the cat like reflexes the Assassin and were fighting a desperate battle... Their arrows had taken some of the sting out of the charge but the Beastmen still hit hard and some of the Warriors were cleaved clean in two by the force of the unnaturally strong beastmen but the charge is where they were strongest, their ungainly weapons unsuited to lengthy close combat and the Zar's troops took what slight advantage they could.*

*Severing a Beastmans leg with his sword, before splitting his skull with his mace the Commander tried to keep the moral up...*

"Fight like the Zar is watching you men..." *He pulled a frenzied beastmen off one of his men, though he was too late the beastmens teeth and done their damage and the disease it carried would finish the job.*

"... Remember that you and all your forebears..." *He was cut off by an axe blow which would have ended him, had the beastmens vision not been blurred by an arrow in its good eye, he sliced the forearm of the beast clean off before knocking it on its back with his mace... it was cleanly finished off by warriors around him*

"... will ride with the Zars of the past in the end times and purge the world of the weaklings that rule it!" *The Commander charged another Beastmen roaring at the top of his lungs*

*His blades thick of the beastmens black ichor... The Assassin pushed on, though many times quicker than the beastmen, he was starting to tire, he needed to end the fight, a spear from a fallen foe would be what he needed to bring the Banegor to battle rather than hide behind his minions, with power that belied his true strength he threw the spear finding a hole in the Banegors armour but doing very little effective damage...*

"Fight me you Bloated beast... prove your worth to your god and fight the favoured blade of the Zar!"

*The Hulking beast knocked the spear from its flesh as if it was a mere insect on his flesh and lumbered towards the tiring Assassin...*

*With a harsh, sickly tones the Banegor spoke*

"Manling... Your flesh will join the herd" *The Huge Gor grappled his massive Axe covered in dried blood and rotted flesh knocking his smaller kin out of his way as he built up speed, the Assassin stood there waiting for the moment to make his move, his knuckles white as he gripped his blades... He would break the resolve of the Beastmen here...*

To be Continued!
*Out of Charactor Note - sorry guys I wanted to do a bit of narrative to make up for the lack of it in the last two parts ended up going overboard... I'll finish this as soon as possible but in the Christmas rush I don't know when it will be! Hopefully Monday at the latest but we'll see.*

Last edited:
Hey, I don't mind the narrative focus. Cool seeing the depiction of the battle.

Part Twenty One (Chapter Three) *Continued*
*Flicking the gore off his sword, the commander quickly looked over his men, though causing heavy casualties, the Retinue of the Zar were getting pushed further and further back, their camp now lost they were fighting a slow retreat to the treeline to hopefully negate the beastsmen's charge, the retreat was cautious so they didn't show their backs to their foe and be unready for another charge, the commander could make out another wave forming up..."

"We cannot fail, if we fall the Assassin doesn't stand a chance..." *The Commander whispered to himself* "... They think us beaten men! You are the Retinue of the Zar! We have marched into dark woods many times to hunt these things before today, they are prey and WE the hunters, but if today is our final day, let our last fight before the gods be the gift of a monumental battle!" *The Beastmen horns sounded and the Zar's men roared in response* "... hurry Assassin or our mission will fail..." *he said under his breath* "... BRACE!!!"

*The Assassin noticed out of the corner of his eye, another charge of the Beastmen forming and knew the soldiers couldn't take much more, but he had more immediate concerns as he dodged another axe swing*

"Stay still you slippery worm, Nurgle demands your rotting corpse suffer from his gifts before the night ends..."

*The Assassin replied with a snap throw of a spear from a fallen Gor, it ricocheted harmlessly off the mighty beast's armour*

"What can you do of worth to me little human..." *The Banegor let out diseased, cough filled laugh* "... WE are mighty! You manlings are weak and undeserving of the Chaos gods love... Unlike the Chosen Tat-Ugek!"

*The Assassin was stood on top of a pile of dead beastmen, the lesser ones had started to ignore his fight with their leader as they piled more pressure on the retinue.*

"and yet you are still yet to land a blow on this weak manling..."

*The Banegor took the bait and the Assassin waited til the last possible moment to dodge his blow, and then swiftly inbedded one of his Kukris in the beasts unarmoured wrist and with a quick twist and drag the beast lost his hand and his axe, though he wasn't helpless and was quick with a follow up grab of the assassin who was now showing some serious signs of fatigue...*

"Its over..." *The beast laughed again as he pinned the Assassin to the ground preparing to crush him with his bloodied stump of an arm.*

*The assassin unable to break free of the beasts grasp and his weapons lost he just glared intensely into the creatures eyes, hoping he'd done enough to join the Zars of the past in the end times... he closed his eyes and accepted of his fate*

*His calm was broken by the beast holding him letting out a roar, the Assassin quickly opened his eyes and noticed the beast had an arrow stuck in its throat, a minor wound for one blessed by Nurgle but the follow up arrows to his face did more damage, blinding him in one eye and clouding the other with bile and blood, the beast let go of the Assassin and started covering his face with his good hand all of a sudden the arrows stopped but the Assassin had been gifted the window he needed, he grabbed two short stabbing spears that the fallen Gors had dropped and charged towards the flailing Banegor using a small pile of bodies to give himself a platform he jumped at the beast and stuck both spears through the back of the beasts neck splitting his spine, the arrows and the spears together felled the beast.*

*The Assassin had no final words for the enemy spluttering in front of him, after a quick condescending look the Assassin struck through the beast's eyes deep into its brain... the spluttering soon ended. The Gors fighting the Retinue soon broke upon the realisation that their leader had fallen, they scattered in all directions to the treeline, the Assassin trudged back over to the soldiers, exhausted...*

*Of the roughly four dozen elite warriors that started the mission less than fifteen remained and of those that did, not one was unharmed...*

"Where is your commander?!" *The assassin commanded*

*A Warrior pointed to a pile of Pestigors, the rest of the soldiers and the Assassin quickly began removing the corpses, until they found him bow still in hand and a broken arrow that he'd managed to kill several Pestigors before he succumbed to his wounds. The Assassin grabbed his sword and sheath.* "Your steel will carry on bringing death to the enemies of the Zar..."

*They then heard a scratching sound coming from under several more corpses, the Retinue were about to skewer the corpses to end this "threat" but the Assassin - now in total control of the Retinue - stopped them, a small Gor was found, not filled with gifts like a lot of his comrades, the creature grabbed straight for a weapon but was disarmed easily by the soldiers and the Assassin...*

"Hold this wretch...! I have but one question for it and one alone..."

*The Assassin lent in slightly*

"Where. Is. Tat-Ugek."

*The beast struggled but was unable to break free...*

"If let go, will tell you, Tat-Ugek infested Herd with gifts..."

*The Assassin nodded, the Warriors released him but quickly pointed their swords at the Gor*

"Speak, Beast and just so you know If you hold back anything, you die. If you bend the truth or I think you're bending the truth, you die. If you forget anything, you die. In fact, you're gonna have to work very hard to stay alive. Now, do you understand everything I've just said? because if you don't, You Die! Now, pawn, you may enlighten me."

*The beasts eyes darted between the Warriors and the Assassin...*

"He leaves in box pulled by Horses, North road in morning..."

*The Assassin sighed*

"So he was just going to leave you and all these more competent warriors alone, I think you're lying......"

"Wait! I no reason lie to you, he poisoned clan, be happy, if you kill."

"Ok, you come with us, but if you prove to be lying, I will have my men hold you and gut you, and tie you to a tree to rot....... for Nurgle."

*The Master of Shadows knew the men - and himself - exhausted as they were couldn't now take on a Champion of Nurgle... They would need to play it smart, he knew exactly what he was going to do but it would need a bit of prep and they had very little time*

*Morning was quickly approaching, if Tat-Ugek had already left, it was unknown but they had to try or be forever dishonoured in their Zar's eyes... the Assassin was sure... he was sure it was on this road round here*

"There it is!" *He said relieved*

*This old wooden bridge was the only place miles to cross the gorge ahead of them, it had to be here where Tat-Ugek would return to the North and the relative safety of the Norscan Clans...*

*The Assassin grabbed one of the larger less fatigued soldiers*

"Take 7 men and cross the bridge, weaken its supports as best as you can..." *he spun round the the rest of the men* "... those remaining with me do the same on this side... Should Tat-Ugek figure out the trap somehow, it will be up to us to kill him or forever be dishonoured... Should the plan not work entirely and the bridge stays strong, it will be the men on the other sides job instead..."

*The thought of challenging a Champion of Nurgle as Old and Powerful as Tat-Ugek was disconcerting to the Assassin even with all sixteen of them it would have been a hard fight with eight it was unlikely they would see victory unless the opposite side could reinforce them fast enough, the assassin looked over the length of the bridge... any reinforcements would likely be too late...*

"Right men... after you've finished your task get in position along the road and get any rest you can, we may have another tough battle on our hands..."

*The Assassin still dragging the lowly Gor behind him took cover with the men*

"One noise from you beast... just one i'll feed your still beating heart to a Chaos Hound!"

*Sunrise seemed to take forever... But the Master of Shadows knew Tat-Ugek was coming, he couldn't see him yet but he could definitely smell something not quite dead.*

*He didn't need to signal to the men, knowing that same smell must be assaulting their senses too*

*Yet more time passed, the atmosphere could be cut with a blade... Until... they heard the unmistakable sound of a Carriage clattering along the uneven road. It didn't take long for it to be upon them, then just before crossing the bring the Zar's men heard an inaudible command barked from the Carriage, which its undead Coach driver and steeds obeyed immediately...*

*A bead of sweat ran slowly down the Assassin's temple... but no words left his lips, time itself seemed to almost stop as suddenly as the Carriage did, until the Undead Coach Driver slowly reached round and grabbed a bag from the top of the Carriage, it looked like it was full of putrefied slush, he slowly dropped down and passed it through the open window... the Assassins hand gripped his sword so tightly his knuckles were white. If he was going to die to this foul ancient creature he was going to give his life dearly, the Coach driver got back in position and with another inaudible command, the Carriage began moving again, much slower than before due to the bridge been ever so slightly narrower than the road. They couldn't relax yet though because if the bridge didn't collapse they would have to force a fight. The Carriage inched across the Bridge like they were expecting it to collaspe, Then it got past the first supports that the Assassin and his men had weakened...*

"If that Carriage makes it past the half way point will have to move..."

*... The Carriage closer inched towards the centre of the bridge...*

"If it doesn't Collapse now its never going to! Prep..."

*The Assassin was cut off by a sharp break from of the far side of the bridge, two supports had given way and the centre of the bridge sagged, the coach started moving faster but it was too late, other supports quickly gave way and the carriage fell to the bottom of the gorge... the Assassin and the soldiers - from both sides of the bridge - went to the edge to inspect what remained of their foe... the Carriage had smashed into the side of the gorge shattering it completely, the Undead steeds could still be seen still moving, their tortured, ghastly whinny heard clearly from the top of the gorge... Tat-Ugek's figure was unmistakable, though the fall was high it was quite possible a servant of Nurgle such as him could have survived the fall, fate was on the Zar's servants side and he didn't have to just contend with the fall... a large tree stump had impaled him and if not for his rusted armour he would have quite literally been ripped in two...*

"I need to make sure... the Zar will have our heads if we report this wretch as dead and he reappears somewhere else but first, bring the Gor to me..."

*Two soldiers untied his restraints from a nearby tree and led him over...*

"... You truly weren't lying and as the Zar's blade you have my gratitude..."

*Before anything else could be said the Assassin unsheathed his Blade and sliced the throat of the beast, its life ichor spilling readily, the soldiers holding him quickly dropped the soon to be lifeless body. The Assassin knelt down beside him...*

"... I am just as likely honour a deal with a Beastman, as I am a deal with a herd of sheep, not to butcher them for their meat."

*The struggled choking of the Gor soon ended...*

"Wait here... I will get a trophy for the Zar to prove our victory..."

*The Assassin though fatigued - having not slept a wink since the before battle the night before - was still quite nimble and descended the cliff with unnatural speed, it wasn't long before he was upon the body of Tat-Ugek, he and slid down to the base of the tree, his armour now split, thick ooze like blood ran down the tree and puddled on the floor, the Assassin didn't even want to think about what that poison could do to a man... he covered his mouth and nose the best he could.*

"So you are the slayer of the Entyti's clans first and only Zarina... I know the Zar would very much like to do this himself but he's needed more elsewhere..."

*The Assassin prepared to swing his sword to decapitate the body and take its helmet...* "A worthy trophy..." *...he thought without carried a disease ridden head back to the Zar. Covering his mouth with one hand he swung with all the power he could master severing the head cleanly from the body... At that exact moment he felt something so deep and terrifying but also quite distant, it still shook his very soul, he knew he had angered something truly terrible, this was quickly followed by a bird like cackle that echoed through the gorge... The Assassin knew it was time to leave this place and present his offering to the Zar as soon as possible.*

zNZYIWX.jpg

*Out of Charactor note. Yep ended up taking much MUCH longer than I thought to write this part up, I would say i'm hoping to get another part up soon - I am! - but lets be fair unless I get spare time at work I really don't have the time :) hope you all enjoy the death of the first true enemy of the Entyti. Also I had to take some creative licence with the death if you read the event, I would have much preferred to get the "stabbed in their sleep one" but oh well. Back to more screenshots in the next part! :)*

Last edited:
Great story, thats one tough enemy down and many more to come.

Revenge, at long last!

Thanks guys :), just gone back over it and done a bit of spell checking and editing some obvious school boy errors... probably still more in there though :oops:

Also no i'm not ashamed of ripping off a quote from one of my favourite films... surely someone will have picked up on that ;)

Reactions:
Are defensive pacts disabled in your game?

I did this game Pre-Conclave, I actually finished it a day or so before Conclave came out if I remember rightly.

Post Conclave would have no doubt made it awesome... Such a shame!

Also work and life hasn't really allowed me time to do this. I haven't forgotten about it mind you, I hope I manage to conclude the March of the Everchosen soon :)

Looking forward to the conclusion!