• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Private to the Queen))
After numerous successful years as a diplomat I feel that I am now experienced enough to take upon the role of ambassador to the Subjects.
I thank you that I was allowed the prestigious role of delivering the terms of the Norwegian surrender.

~Alexander Mordaunt

((To the Count of Huntingdon))
You have served me well, Alexander. I wish you good luck with your position as count and may you continue to be a loyal servant of England.
~ Matthew Lancaster, Crown Prince

((To Cardinal Bourchier))
James served the Crown well as a Judge and I am confident that you will too.

~ Elizabeth Talbot, Queen of England, Archduchess of Austria, Duchess of Aquitaine

((To Count Mordaunt))
The position has been vacant with the passing of James Bourchier. You have accumulated enough experience in the Diplomatic Corps to become his successor.

~ Elizabeth Talbot, Queen of England, Archduchess of Austria, Duchess of Aquitaine

((With the Sale of Titles event, can Ximeno call himself a noble now (Just Lord or Sir Arantxez)? If someone can pay, then him; he would still be a courtier though. It is also very likely that he was the one suggesting it if that's the case ;).))

I wish to propose an amendment to the Criminal Property Act. The confiscation should depend not only on the seriousness of the crime, but also on its type.

My fellow Owls,

It is time for us to elect a representative of our faction. One who is able to fend for the Owls' interests at court. It is best if that man always has the ear of the monarch and some influence over what we are standing for. As such, I am presenting myself as likely candidate, my offices allowing for a good representation of our interests.

May wisdom guide your choice,
Ximeno Arantxez, Master of the Coin, Head of the EBC, Chief Executive of the ERTC

Reactions:
((@alscon I am ok if Ximeno calls himself Lord given that he is very rich so it makes sense RP-wise. However, you would have to write an IC about buying the title. The title needs to be lower than count. So he can be the Lord of some village or town in Gascony for example. Hope that makes sense!))

((The "Walpole Kidnapping" has been rolled and the result has been submitted to Duke Dan so that he can write an IC with that.))

Excerpts of the Book "The Austrian Adventurer" that describes the adventures and misadventures of Wilhelm Hayk.

Chapter 3 - An unexpected "Admiral".
(...) but after starting with the preparations, Hayk received a letter send by Oliver Talbot, Commander of the Forces, who ordered him to prepare for a mission he never expected he will carry on: To lead the Royal Navy Against the rival of the Crown. He reunited his crew and said:

"Men, i have promised you wealth and glory once we find the route to Ceylon, however this morning i have received orders that come directly of Our Majesty, it looks like the enemies of this country are gathering forces to destroy us and slave our wife and Children. Ceylon may be far right now, but the glory to vanquish our enemies is within our reach"
The crew shouted, Wilhelm was impressed about that speech, maybe his time in the sea has really changed him.
(...)
After a long pursuit, Wilhelm spotted the portuguese fleet and send a flag message to the rest of the Ships. Then, he waited for a favorable wind and started an envelopement tactic against the enemy, following some military movements he had read about. It was a sucess and he saw how the Carracks in his command sinked the whole Portuguese navy. Some records quote him saying:

"We did it men, this will send a Message to every ally and enemy of the crown, England will rule the seas" Someone believed that he has become crazy during what will be known as the Battle of Hatton Bank.

Chapter 4 - A Mirage?
Two years has passed since his triumph against the Portuguese. Wilhelm has returned to his search of a route to Ceylon but thing have not going the way he expected, only discovering an strange tribal country in africa and an archipielago full of portuguese, who call it Açores.

Hayk: It has been a long time, i believe we will have to return to England soon.

Quartermaster: Indeed, our supplies are dwingling.

Hayk sighed. Fate was an strange thing indeed, he was an accidental war hero without any combat experience, but his carthographic and martime knowledge has been worthless until know. Before the melancholy started to emerge, a strange foreign sound took him back to his ship.

Tierra! Tierra!! He visto tierra!

Quartermaster: What is that guy shouting?

Wilhem: He is saying that he spotted land!!

(...)

There was not only a big mass of land but some islands as well. Wilhelm heart was racing, This was India and he was sure that one of those islans was Ceylon, it has to be, he had found a route. He was going to be like that guy Marco Polo, even more famous!! He will write his own adventure! . But first, he had to come back safe to England, so he shouted some orders and the ships changed direction to Europe.

He will have all prepared to inform the Queen of his findings

Reactions:
Annemarie stalked Count Walpole around the market5 unt5il he found his home. She split her mercenaries into three groups.

First Group

Karl walked through the hall with 4 other mercenaries. He killed anyone he saw to prevent any witnesses. Karl saw a young girl who he thought was Alice and kidnapped and brought her outside of the city.

Second Group

Istvan was looking for the Walpole boy when he and his group got attacked by guards. The guards looked liked they were searching for something. Perhaps one of the other groups got compromised. but did not matter. They fought in the courtyard and was a failure. Istvan's fate is unknown

Third Group

Gilbert(Annemarie) saw Walpole in his terrace. Gilbert went for a strike, but a,guard intercepted her. Most of the guards killed the mercenaries and the survivors fled. Somehow, Gilbert made it outside of the walls. Gilbert scratched and clawed her way to a tree near a crossroads, where she died of her wounds.

Reactions:
William was standing next to his father; Miguel looked much older than what he actually was, 52, and the loss of his son and last year his wife didn't help him. He was having a troubled sleep, the doctor said he wasn't going to make the night so William waited next to him until he left.

The morning sun woke him, he fell asleep. He looked at his father, he had a smile in his face and the way he looked one couldn't know it was just four hours ago that he was in pain. William called the servants and buried him in the yard next to his wife.

Later in the day he wrote a letter to the Queen
My Queen, I have recently inherited my deceased father's position and have been intrigued by the new discoveries made by Willhelm Hayk, therefor I request the position of leading an expedition to discover possible trade routes into India

((In case I wasn't clear I'm requesting the position of conquistador. I also join the Wolves))

Reactions:
  1. Name: William Becket 5-2-5 (Genius-Deceitful-Ruthless)
  2. Birth-Date: 17, November, 1450
  3. Religion: Catholic
  4. Class: Courtiers
  5. Biography: William is the second and last son of Miguel Becket, he admired his brother and was a good kid but following his dead he developed a hatred towards Burgundians who he blamed for his death. He became an expert in deceiving people to do his willing and showed no mercy to those who failed him. Ironically he joined a mercenary company and fought for the people he hated during their last war, although during his stay several people were reported missing.

Reactions:
((Due to Rapop's and Scion Baca's characters both applying for conquistador I used the RNG to determine who gets it.))

((To Peter Andrews))
Mr Andrews,
A position as conquistador would certainly limit your effectiveness in the assembly. Therefore, your request has been denied.

((You could become a merchant if you are interested in that))

((To William Becket))
Mr Becket,
your father has served the realm faithfully and therefore I see no reason not to appoint you as conquistador. May you establish some long-lasting trading connections with the Kingdom of Ceylon and the other countries in India. I still cannot fully believe it that Wilhem Hayk has found a sea route to India, so many before him have failed to do it.

((I will need a stat focus from you (Fire / Shock / Maneuver / Siege). Also as conquistador you will have to write some ICs about any discoveries, success and failures.))

((There is an in-game act available which anybody can propose. If the act passes the royal assembly then we will enact it also in-game.
3aNzGQo.png

dE3TgEB.png

))

Warsaw 1470 - The Royal Palace
((This IC is happening within the Updates timeframe))

At Royal Palaces the time allways seemed to flow slower. Kings and Queens lived at their own pace and everyone had to submit to it. Robert of Huntingdon has been standing in the throne room in Warsaw for hours now, waiting if Stefan I. might receive him for the audience Robert had requested. The Chancellor had been send personally to the polish capital to make a proposal of an alliance between their nation and ours. Allthough for now he had waited for over a week to be received, this wasn't too unusual, but Robert had hoped that the polish had more interest in better relations with the english. Stefan was obviously aware that he was the one that was being asked and therefore would be in the superior position in every negotiation and could therefore let Robert wait. Today however the wait should have an end.

Steward of Poland: I announce, Chancellor Robert of Huntingdon, First of the English Diplomats. You may bring your request before court and King.

Robert stepped out of the crowd, walked in front of the throne where Stefan I. was seated. He bowed and started to speak:

Robert: Your Majesty, King Stefan I. of the house Lichnowsky, King of Poland, Duke of Masovia, Duke of Prussia, Duke in Krakow, I bring you a message of friendship and good will from my sovereign, Queen Elizabeth I. of England.

Stefan: I thank you, Lord Chancellor, you shall now bring us your request.

Robert: The english court and Queen saw with favour that Poland retook their land which the Knights of the Teutonic Order had so fervidly brought back into the arms of the Holy Church. Their investiture in the Baltic had ended and them clinging to their castles was an indulgence of the church that had to be ended. We are...

Stefan: Enough of this adulation, Chancellor! Come to the point of your request!

Robert: Yes, Your Majesty, forgive me. The Royal Assembly of England and Queen Elizabeth I. ask you to join our great nations together in a military alliance. This will strengthen both of our countries diplomatic position in Europe. Even the Holy Roman Emperor might think twice before making moves against either one of us if we are linked in alliance. To immediateley strengthen the ties between Poland and England we also request a marriage alliance between the two royal houses respectively.

Stefan: Will England help Poland in their defence of the Christendom against the turkish menace, Chancellor? Will England be of assistance in wars with the Grandduchy of Muscovy? We can't see you fighting alongside polish troops in the steppes and forests of eastern Europe. Our two countries are simply too far away.

Robert: Your Majesty, England is and has allways been faithfull to their allies. In this very moment english armies prepare to join their castillian friends in fighting the unfaithfull aragonese who have joint with the heathen turks. England is in a state of war right now, because we honoured our alliances. Iberia isn't further away then Danzig and english ships transport our armies where our allies need their help. There has even been an english army that fought side by side with the portugese in Africa. Fear not, oh King, if you have a port our armies can get there in mere time. Additionall, the Queens subects in Austria will allways be fast at your side.

Stefan: We had hoped you would answer like this, Lord of Huntingdon. Very well, bring your Queen our answer, write it down and send it within fortnight:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the name of Christ, Stefan of the house Lichnowsky, by GOD invested King of Poland, Duke of Masowia, Duke of Prussia and Duke in Krakow declares with this document a state of friendship and alliance between the nations of Poland and all it's subjects and England and all it's subjects.

From this day forth, whoever dares to attack England or Poland will be declared as an enemy of both nations and will be brought to justice by the joint force of our armies and navies. In the possibility of either of our nations starting a war themselves we delcare to aid each other if the necessary payments are made.

I, Robert of Huntingdon, Chancellor of England, made this document and subscribe it with my own hand.

US, STEFAN I. of POLAND, SIGN THIS DOCUMENT WITH OUR OWN SIGIL, AND SUBSCRIBE IT WITH OUR OWN HAND.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robert: I thank you, Your Majesty, may this alliance last until the end of days.

Stefan I. nodded and waved him away.

Steward of Poland: Robert of Huntingdon, Chancellor of England, thank you for your time, the necessary documents will be copied in the Chancellory and be given to your disposal within a day.

Robet bowed, and went back into the crowd, he had to wait here until the audiences of the day had been finished and he would be released from the court. The Alliance has been declared in public and therefore his mission was successful. He thought about visiting the polish Chancellory to learn how his colleagues in Poland worked here and how they used paper, which was allready far spread on continental Europe. With paper documents could be written very fast and therefore Robert would be able to send a copy of the Declaration of Alliance to England within a few days. He would bring the original document, still written on parchment which was nobler and more expensive then paper, back to England with himself. Robert smiled at the thought of home, he was eager to see his family again.

Reactions:
((@Stingrex @SpKampfer @Luftwafer @ML8991 @05060403))
Dear gentlemen,
you chose to join the faction of the Foxes. Our directive is to strengthen England in their diplomatic position in Europe and to further trade, technology and exploration. To discuss our precise targets for the near future as well to elect the man who is best suited to lead our faction, I invite you to the Royal Chancellory.
With my best regards,
Chancellor Robert of Huntingdon.

((EDIT: I am not quite sure how to make the faction meeting, we could all propose something in a Conversation between us all or make a joint IC, latter allthough seems quite difficult to me, as I am f.e. not at the PC tonight until maybe 22:00 CET - I'll give you a link to a google doc where I set a scene and you guys can write:
1 - proposals for our politics in the near future
2 - proposals of who should be Faction Leader

- pls allways mark your comments on the doc with either Nickname or IC-name

Furthermore I'll open a conversation between all of the members to discuss if and when you guys are able to make a joint IC.

Write your ideas about the voting process or the proposals in the Conversation pls, so we don't make a mess on the main thread ;),
Thanks, Istar.))

Last edited:
Why, why did she not accept me. Who is this William Becket, must be new and done something important, while I wont do anything, I wont grieve his death if he dies out in the jungles of this new continent to some strange new disease. Though hopefully the queen would still allow him to take his furthers position, or will someone new take this role as well. Following what has been going on for the past few years, it wont surprise anyone if I send assassins... no that's treason, only someone with a death wish would try to assassinate someone.

While it is of course a disappointment as why I have not been chosen to gain the important role.
I hope I will still be allowed the role as a colonizer for the crown, as my farther has.
From Peter Andrews.

((Well the RNG hates me, the one time I want something I don't get it:(.))
((The only reason I changed character was too get that role, why you do this Scipion.))

My fellow Owls,

In response to Lord Arantxez letter, I would propose we meet soon to decide on our faction leader and possible political stances.
Maybe Lord Arantxez could provide us with some space to have this meeting?

Best regards,
William Clifford, Count of Cumbria, Lord of Mann and Judge of the Court of England

((Would be nice if we can create a Google Document in which we write some sort of joint-IC, I don't expect it will be possible to be all available at the same time, but we can make something out of it.))

((To Peter Andrews))
Yes of course, you may lead colonial expeditions once we discover land that is colonziable.

((Would be nice if we can create a Google Document in which we write some sort of joint-IC, I don't expect it will be possible to be all available at the same time, but we can make something out of it.))
((The Foxes are using a Google Doc and a group conversation so that should work for the Owls as well, I'd say :) ))

((A heads up, I don't believe we will be able to change our national focus every time a new faction takes over. It would require messing with the defines.lua file which I'd rather avoid.))

Letter to all in the Assembly,

As some of you may have heard, a couple of days ago there was another attack on me. I have survived the attack without them even getting close, but I cannot say the same for the daughter of Brian O'Neilly, who has been kidnapped, and assumingly killed. May all of the attackers burn in hell. Even more disturbing is that some of these childslaughtering men escaped and haven't been found. Furthermore, for my own safety, I will try to make allies in court, by joining the owls.

May God have save you all,
Henry Walpole

Oliver sat behind a fairly large desk in his office in London, with Westminster quite prominent in the view from his window. He'd been residing in London for almost four years during the war, so the recent outbreak of peace might give him the chance to finally visit his wife in Caux. Oliver's career as a general had unfortunately caused him to grow distant from his wife as he was normally away from her for his career, however, it did give him a chance to serve his country which seemed like a far more beneficial use of his time.

His musings about his trouble with his wife were interrupted by a knock on the door. After commanding the visitor to come in, he was greeted by a courier from the post service. Count Huntingdon had sent a request to serve in the military as the leader of a regiment to fight the enemies of England. Oliver thanked the courier and gave him a small tip for the sake of being polite and bade him farewell.

Oliver was about to write his response to the request when Victoria came through the still open door. She had come to present her studies regarding the previous campaigns of the Hundred Years War. After she'd left, Oliver decided that he'd been right in not sending her to the schools provided by the Second Moral Standards act. She would had learnt useless skills like running households and eating with "proper etiquette" when she really had to know how to hold back the de Valois pretenders. He would had liked to teach such skills to a son, but it seemed that with the growing gap between him and Anne, he would need to forget the possibility of another child.

Setting aside his family troubles, Oliver returned to his letters.

((Letter to CoF))
General, due to my lands proximity to the scottish menace I request permission to command a regiment of loyal scotsmen to help defend the realm as part of her majesty's armed forces. I feel it is my duty to assist in the nation's defence as a count of the Queen.

-Count Huntingdon

I am glad to be able to offer yet another into the ranks of the military. I will happily grant you Captaincy of a regiment. Also, it is possible that your desire to fight the Scots may be satisfied in the near future.

Although it is not required, I would also recommend that you consider joining the Wolves.

Oliver Talbot, Commander of the Forces and Duke of Normandy

((@themoomaster , @Scipion Barca ))
Gentlemen, we currently have no leader, so I would request that you consider voting for me to further the military interests of the Kingdom of England. As an experienced general, and the Commander of the Forces, I feel that I am well suited to this role.

Oliver Talbot, Commander of the Forces and Duke of Normandy

I would like to request that in the near future, the crown sets aside funds for seven light ships. They will not only provide use in war for blockading enemies ports almost anywhere in the Baltic, North Sea or Bay of Biscay- a great ability of the Kingdom of England -, but they could also pay for themselves for protecting trade during peacetime.

Oliver Talbot, Commander of the Forces and Duke of Normandy.

normandy, norway

Your Majesty,
Considering the recent expansion of land by the Kingdom of England, I would like to request temporary control of the county of Normandy. It would, of course, still belong to you, but I would control it for a period of ten years to alleviate any possible overextension of the crown. At the end of this period, you would be able to choose whether I could control it for a further ten years or if it will come back under absolute royal control.

On another note, I would like to recommend that you declare yourself to be the Queen of Norway and Scotland in addition to your current titles. The current Norwegian king occupies a small, frozen, province in northern Scandinavia that will soon be conquered by its neighbours so it has no right to consider itself a Norwegian Kingdom. And when it comes to the Scots, they have been split into pieces that will soon recognise the authority of London, so the current "king" has no right whatsoever to think of himself as a king of your rightful land.

Oliver Talbot, Commander of the Forces and Duke of Normandy.

William sat on his desk reading the letters, the queen accepted his request to become a conquistador, he would soon leave Gascogne for a New World possibly filled with adventure. On another letter Oliver requested a leader to the Wolves, and by leader he meant himself. Finally he decided:
I cast my vote for you as a leader of the wolves, may you lead us to great prosperity and influence
Thank you for granting me the position, I will not disappoint you

((My original plan was to become an explorer, that's why I killed Miguel but SpKampfer got it first so the second plan was making the wolves influential for the second leader but I couldn't wait))