• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The error occurs after you hover over the country land doctrines such as the 'commonwealth doctrine'.
It doesn't happen with the county navel doctrines.

As far as I can tell it's the number of effects that causes the error. Removing either half of the effects from a doctrin fixes the issue with that doctrin (but obviously makes unwanted changes).

And that seems to be it...I tested the same thing and hit happened to me...

Hey all. Thanks for all the feedback. Please keep it coming. It is really helping. Moxs602 has been using the feedback to address the issues. There seem to be a few of them and he is taking them on as we speak. He is working on another update for us and it should be ready soon. I have been in your shoes many times and thought you would want some kind of information about what is going on. As soon as we have a new download for you we will let you know. Thanks again for all of the feedback. If any of you would like to help out we would be happy to have you.
d

PS I have been helping mox602 with playtesting on this Mod and it is gonna be great. He is a very sharp guy and firm plans are in place to make this Mod cover over one hundred continuous years with no breaks between the World Wars.

Is there no sound for this mod? I installed it and noticed it. If so, even though the mod is probably amazing, I will find it unplayable, as it will bug me exponentially. Had the same issue with Modern Day Scenario back in the day.

Is there anyway to import the sounds from the core game? I want to be able to click on items and hear SOMETHING! It's eerie in complete silence, it's like watching a movie without the background music.

Update

Guys i have fixed alot of things. But the crash on saving is still there.

I will talk more with the DH team and Kasserich. To see about solutions

Very sorry about this. With previous versions these things simply were not happening

Please bear with me for a few more days IF needed.

I will solve this issue.

Just as feedback, I too got the massive changes on slider moves. I copied that events.txt from an earlier post and copied the policy_effects.csv from the DH Full. I didn't have issues with hovering over (or selecting) any land doctrines. I did have a CTD when I exited. I am using DH 1.01, though I don't guess that will make a difference here.

AHHHH, I used the policy_effects.csv from DH Light and it changed the impossible numbers to realistic ones. Though I think the changes there may not be what you intended. Did you for instance intend that a move toward Central Planning for Germany would result in an increase in org? The answer to that will let me know if I am on the right track or not. It did still CTD on exiting.

When I get a chance I'll do more testing.

Just as feedback, I too got the massive changes on slider moves. I copied that events.txt from an earlier post and copied the policy_effects.csv from the DH Full. I didn't have issues with hovering over (or selecting) any land doctrines. I did have a CTD when I exited. I am using DH 1.01, though I don't guess that will make a difference here.

AHHHH, I used the policy_effects.csv from DH Light and it changed the impossible numbers to realistic ones. Though I think the changes there may not be what you intended. Did you for instance intend that a move toward Central Planning for Germany would result in an increase in org? The answer to that will let me know if I am on the right track or not. It did still CTD on exiting.

When I get a chance I'll do more testing.

Hey md thanks for the feedback. Moving the slider to Central Planning should not increase dissent. I hope that answers your question and we appreciate all the feedback we can get. I hope you are onto something. Please let us know if you have anything else. The ctd on save or exiting the game is one of the problems and the economy death spiral is another. It may change when Doctrine Techs are selected. These are some of the things we have seen and are working on fixing. Thanks again,
d

Hey md thanks for the feedback. Moving the slider to Central Planning should not increase dissent. I hope that answers your question and we appreciate all the feedback we can get. I hope you are onto something. Please let us know if you have anything else. The ctd on save or exiting the game is one of the problems and the economy death spiral is another. It may change when Doctrine Techs are selected. These are some of the things we have seen and are working on fixing. Thanks again,
d

Actually, I said org not dissent. It's an unlikely choice (which is why I chose it to ask about) to increase but was indeed increased (by an insane amount) with DH Full's policy_effects.csv file. With DH Light's file, it did not.

Considering that, you probably want to get the policy_effects.csv file from DH Light and copy it into the RDD's db file.

I'm thinking the cause of that error is that there may not even BE a policy-effects.csv file in the overall DH folder, thus the mod-dir has no file of that name to access. These are just my first thoughts. I hope to have more time tonight to take a look at the game. I only had a few minutes before.

Question:
When you folks say that something has been fixed, do you mean that it's been fixed and will be so in the next update, or that it has actually been implemented (meaning we have to redownload the whole thing)?

Once i have a fix that works for all testers. I will be uploading a patch
AND a new complete upload.

IF i do not throw the monitor out the window first.

Last edited:
Once i have a fix that works for all testers. I will be uploading a patch
AND a new complete upload.

IF i do not throw the monitor out the window first.

So, I assume that means the first of the two I listed above? ;)
Sorry Darkest Hour is providing so many issues for you, I thought their goal was to make ports a breeze...

I edited the nation land doctrines and split each into three different techs, dividing the effects between them.
This seems to have fixed the problem for me.

If it is a memory leak issue due to the tech having too many effects, this seems like an easy solution. I am going to test just taking out half the effects in the country land doctrines and see if that fixes the issue. Tsalarian please update us on the performance now and how saving and autosaving works.

its not just the country land docs
its definitely a combination of tech, events and the policy file
the problem is narrowing it down

there are a lot of variables at the moment

Well, a little more feedback: I entered a new game again tonight and got the huge values on policy change. Then I exited, re-copied the policy_effects.csv from DH Light and re-entered the game. Numbers went back to expected amounts. Played a week or two in game and got a CTD on the SA Plot on the way event (adds dissent). The several opening events that subtract dissent worked fine.

Something to deal with later (much later, probably): there seemed to be quite a few techs that did not have descriptions. They had the tooltips, but at the bottom it says the generic "TECH_DESCRIPTION_(whatever number) missing".

Last edited:
Here are the least steps required to trigger the problem I was able to find:

1. Start the game as Germany
2. Pause
3. Open land doctrines research
4. Select Towed Fire Support
5. Select a team
6. Start research

This screws the game memory. You can check policy slider effects tool-tips - they have extremely large numbers now. On exit or save the game crashes at random.
We're still unable to reproduce this problem in Darkest Hour Full/Light or in other mods.

I've played for many hours in a multiplayer game with a friend now.

I'm playing the Soviet Union so there's alot of stuff to handle so we're only closing in on 1938 now. No problems so far.
Btw, I love the fact that I can change game speed in a multiplayer game now - I think this was not possible in Darkest Hour Full.

I did get into a war with Japan though, and they seem to have some almost unbeatable troops (not all of them). Some of their units simply don't lose organisation or they have a huge amount of it. They have like 250-300% defense efficiency while my units have around 6% attack efficiency and I can't figure out why. I need something like 10-20x the number of units to win fights that include those units.

Autosaving and saving as well as exiting the game has not resulted in any crash so far. I can try to upload the file I changed somewhere if you want.

@Martin: Are you sure you didn't hover over the nation land doctrines in the tech tree when you did this? (for example when you move the cursor down to start research)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.