• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, have played Germnay through to the outbreak of WW2 twice since the latest patch fix. Everything running well so far. Like the above poster the hig IC rates is a bit disconcerting but it is played out across all the major players so I don't have an issue with that.

I would like to see Nationalist Spain get a better chance at victory though; they rarely last long in most games of HOI I've played, less so in RDD.All in all a very interesting mod which is definately playable at the moment. Now i it could get the DH map ported into it I would be even happier :)

We had SCW balanced pretty well in Arma. I will have a look at it for the next update, most likely some tweeking will fix the inequality.

The DH map port right now is scheduled for May 7th, however I am behind schedule, having spent the last several days trying to deal with our technical problems. Will be trying to make up the time.

I have installed the patch over v1 RDD,as before i try to play Iraq,after three days of play(game) all the resources except supplies and money reseting to zero and never change again,the ic is always the same 0/0/20red.

I will have a look at this this evening. But i am wondering if Iraq's puppet status is limiting things.

@petteerr We get the same results. DH handles puppets differently from Armageddon. I will look at making some adjustments for the next update, But i need to experiment with it a bit first.

Last edited:
Is it normal that the message boxes have a really fugly blue border? Also i see that the default diff setting is very hard, is that the recommended difficulty for "normal" play?

The funky coloured borders, are a mistake I made way back. And they have so far resisted my every attempt to fix them.
Eventually i will prevail.

Recommended Settings

After installing the game when you run it the first time click on options
and use the following Recommended Settings-

Difficulty -Very Hard
AI Aggressiveness - Furious
Game Speed - Whatever you want
Share Countries - OFF
Autosave - 30 Days
Use Counters - Whatever you want
Democracies can Dow - Yes
End Date - Use Scenario End date
Full IC takeover - OFF
Tech Team takeover - ON

When the game starts and
the RDD Difficulty Level Event pops up -
the MOD was designed for the normal setting.

The others can be used to make it harder.
You might want to try it on normal before you try the other levels.

Last edited:
We had SCW balanced pretty well in Arma. I will have a look at it for the next update, most likely some tweeking will fix the inequality.

The DH map port right now is scheduled for May 7th, however I am behind schedule, having spent the last several days trying to deal with our technical problems. Will be trying to make up the time.

Many thanks for the reply, and no rush on the map I'm going to run through till 1999 on the old one first ;)

The high IC and low cost of units does seem to cause some problems. The AI doesn't create that many land units and as a player you can easily overrun the AI.
Also, it's possible to create so many units that the game seems to slow down some. For example, it's possible to make something like 15000 submarines as USA per year.

I think it's a good idea that the cost for factories and infrastructure is lower than in the original game but I think it's set too low in RDD. I would think that something like 1-2 IC for factories and 0.5 for infrastructure is about right.

The high IC and low cost of units does seem to cause some problems. The AI doesn't create that many land units and as a player you can easily overrun the AI.
Also, it's possible to create so many units that the game seems to slow down some. For example, it's possible to make something like 15000 submarines as USA per year.

I think it's a good idea that the cost for factories and infrastructure is lower than in the original game but I think it's set too low in RDD. I would think that something like 1-2 IC for factories and 0.5 for infrastructure is about right.

Hey T nice feedback. Mox is waiting to hear from you. Could you drop him an email. I sent you a corrected address. This is exactly the kind of thing we need. Thanks again.
d

One thing I noticed....U.S.A between Jul 1940 and Aug 1940 suddenly turned into the C.S.A.....not sure how this came about as it had such a huge I.C base and when I reloaded in as the U.S.A from just before the C.S.A took over very little dissent either.

One thing I noticed....U.S.A between Jul 1940 and Aug 1940 suddenly turned into the C.S.A.....not sure how this came about as it had such a huge I.C base and when I reloaded in as the U.S.A from just before the C.S.A took over very little dissent either.

That is Strange. I will look into that for the next update. IF is always happening let me know.

I went back a month and it certainly hasn't happened again..currently at July 1942 in game and the game is now going ridiculously slowly....my specs are Dual-core 2.4 gig , 4 gig ram so not slow by any means...I think the IC must be the issue as the majority of major nations have all got 300+ land divisions, 100+ air and up to 1000 naval units...e.g until I messed around ( to try and improve speed ) Nationalist China had 500+ air, and 1500 land units.Still a great mod though and hopefully the game speed issue can be sorted out.

I went back a month and it certainly hasn't happened again..currently at July 1942 in game and the game is now going ridiculously slowly....my specs are Dual-core 2.4 gig , 4 gig ram so not slow by any means...I think the IC must be the issue as the majority of major nations have all got 300+ land divisions, 100+ air and up to 1000 naval units...e.g until I messed around ( to try and improve speed ) Nationalist China had 500+ air, and 1500 land units.Still a great mod though and hopefully the game speed issue can be sorted out.

This is a problem that we had with armageddon. We made some adjustments to keep number of units down. I will have to do the same for DH. Will address the issue in the next update.

All my "early infanterie" divisions are called schnelleboot flottillas, is this normal or do I have a bad install?

Hey S I have the same thing. I think something in the naming is out of sync a little. My US infantry are all called Fast Attack Flottillas. I am glad you reported it. I was thinking the same thing about a bad install. It may have gotten a little jumbled during the conversion from Arma to DH. We will get it fixed. Thanks again and keep up the good work.
d

All my "early infanterie" divisions are called schnelleboot flottillas, is this normal or do I have a bad install?

Not a bad install, Mistake i made getting too fancy. It will be fixed next update. Hoping the quick fix will work but... probably the long one.

Hey, I'm playing with the patch over v1 and playing as great britain but i notice that new ships deployed have 1/1% organisation. Is this a bug or have i just installed it wrong?

Edit: After looking again i think it is any ship that has something added to it like fire control or a CAG

Last edited:
Played with Nat.China, rather interesting, though I really failed keeping against Japanese, they simply outproduced me by ~1939. Plus, money became huge problem since even after winning against C.China and before war with Japanese my wartime offmap -47 money stayed there, causing greater and greater problems especially post 1938, slowly going down to -6000. Its very refreshing and pleasing to see sea-mines, though I haven't used them yet.
A question - on what data did you base calculations for IC? Specifically, I'm refering to IC of Baltic states. By my calculations few years back, their combined IC was more or less the same as Yugoslavian or Finnish one (in years 1938-1939). Of that some 40% were Latvian part, ~35% Lithuanian and ~25% Estonian. So if Yugoslavia has IC of ~55, then Latvia should probably have around 22, Lithuania 19 and Estonia 14.
Unless, the military budget of countries has nothing to do with IC in RDD, since that is the data I based my calculations upon.
Have you thought of adapting some stuff from mod33, mod34, Cold war extension mod, AOD (specifically - battlescenarios events) and other stuff to RDD? There also seem to be several post-war mods developing here and also for AoD.
Good luck and waiting for the RDD DH map version!

Played with Nat.China, rather interesting, though I really failed keeping against Japanese, they simply outproduced me by ~1939. Plus, money became huge problem since even after winning against C.China and before war with Japanese my wartime offmap -47 money stayed there, causing greater and greater problems especially post 1938, slowly going down to -6000. Its very refreshing and pleasing to see sea-mines, though I haven't used them yet.
A question - on what data did you base calculations for IC? Specifically, I'm refering to IC of Baltic states. By my calculations few years back, their combined IC was more or less the same as Yugoslavian or Finnish one (in years 1938-1939). Of that some 40% were Latvian part, ~35% Lithuanian and ~25% Estonian. So if Yugoslavia has IC of ~55, then Latvia should probably have around 22, Lithuania 19 and Estonia 14.
Unless, the military budget of countries has nothing to do with IC in RDD, since that is the data I based my calculations upon.
Have you thought of adapting some stuff from mod33, mod34, Cold war extension mod, AOD (specifically - battlescenarios events) and other stuff to RDD? There also seem to be several post-war mods developing here and also for AoD.
Good luck and waiting for the RDD DH map version!

I will look at off map money for Nat China.

The IC is based upon historic GDP for each nation in 1936. Converted to 1990 International Geary-Khamis dollars, and adjusted for inflation. That said, the base data may be off, if i remember right the sources i found were somewhat sketchy with regard to sub-nations of the USSR in that time frame, but the best i could find at the time.

We are always open to adding new things. However mod33 and mod 34 we view as proprietary so have not contacted them for permissions as of yet. Cold War Extension does not really offer anything new for us. I have not looked into AOD imports fully yet.

Lord Martin said:
There will not be any swastikas in the game, because it IS illegal to show them in Germany and various other countries. Same goes for other Nazi symbols (e.g. related to the SS) or Nazi propaganda material, including songs etc. Any links posted to a mod which includes a Swastika or other illegal Nazi symbols will be deleted. Any threads that complain about this issue will be closed.

This rule makes HoI series completely historically inaccurate for me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.