• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes, the AAR really looks very neat and impressive. Karelian, did you really write and draw the whole thing all by yourself? And how much time did it take to do that?
Cause it looks really really nice.

I think most of the maps come from this very detailed Finnish alternate history site (which we cannot link to, owing to the prevelance of swastikas...), which is something I've always wanted to read but am unable to do so...

Spacehusky said:
A tank with 1200mm of armor and an automatic cannon! Does that exist even today?

The autoloader simply loads the semi-automatic main gun instead of a human loader. This system has it´s own advantages and disadvantages, and in OTL it has been a standard feature in Russian tanks since T-64, while Israeli Merkava IV:s also have autoloader system.

Otherwise the high military technological level of the Reich is the result of a huge defence budjet and priorized research. The downsize of this is a situation where the technological level of commercial goods and the lifestyle of common people is equivalent to 1970´s, and things such as mobile phones or personal computers are almost unheard of.

Michaeru said:
One zero too much, I believe...No computers in the Reich? What happened to Konrad Zuse?

I found out that I had forgotten to add the fact that the figures represent the RHAe. Thus the Kaiser Tiger has actually thinner front tunner armor than Abrams, for example.

Surely the Reich has computers, but since there´s no access to Internet (Daz Netz, the internal information network of the Reich is strictly closed from non-authorized citizens) and most families couldn´t even afford a personal computer due the high prizes they are mostly used for work and research.

The actual developement of German computer technology is an interesting issue. While the rest of the world largely ignored the research of magnetic amplifiers, many German researchers believed to their possibilities as the successors of electron tubes, and they were used in many areas due of their reliability. Later on this proved to be highly beneficial when it was found out that semiconductor transistors were much more vulnerable to EMP caused by nuclear explosions than electron tubes.

Thus the Reich continued the miniatyrization of electron tubes and magnetic amplifiers. The modern German microprocessors are therefore produced in similar way than their Western counterparts and even look roughly the same, but instead of transistors they contain significant numbers of miniature electron tubes.

"One shouldn't work on semiconductors, that is a filthy mess; who knows if they really exist?"

Wolfgang Pauli, 1931

Last edited:
Karelian said:
The autoloader simply loads the semi-automatic main gun instead of a human loader. This system has it´s own advantages and disadvantages, and in OTL it has been a standard feature in Russian tanks since T-64, while Israeli Merkava IV:s also have autoloader system.

Otherwise the high military technological level of the Reich is the result of a huge defence budjet and priorized research. The downsize of this is a situation where the technological level of commercial goods and the lifestyle of common people is equivalent to 1970´s, and things such as mobile phones or personal computers are almost unheard of.

Oh, I thought you meant an automatic cannon not an automatic loader :rofl:

Ah, posted originally in wrong thread, sorry :) Post deleted now from there :)

Anyway, here goes again:

Took a good moment to read all that through. I take it you own, or at least played, the RPG "Hiljaisuuden vangit"? Anyway, looks good so far Keep up the work, at least I'll be following this :)

"The German-supported national revolutionary movements drove the British out from most of their dominions, and the logistical support to Irish patriots finally led to a British withrawn from Northern Ireland in 1964. At the same time separatistic opinions gained more support in both Wales and Scotland. Australia left the Commonwealth and firmly integrated to Western Hemisphere Defense Treaty. And Canada had left the already after the armistrice in 1946, when Prime Minister W. L. Mackenzie King brought the country to closer alliance with the US."

It seems to me that this is a game that's much, much riskier for the Germans than Britain.

I mean, Britain granted India independence peacefully. It's Belgium and France which will have the joy of subduing rebels in the Congo and Algeria.

And with no Marshal Plan, Europe is a lot poorer.

Hrmm. What's going on in East Asia?

Faeelin said:
" It seems to me that this is a game that's much, much riskier for the Germans than Britain.

I mean, Britain granted India independence peacefully. It's Belgium and France which will have the joy of subduing rebels in the Congo and Algeria.

And with no Marshal Plan, Europe is a lot poorer.

Hrmm. What's going on in East Asia?

Good points. Even though the ground war in Western Europe was restricted to a huge short clash in Normandy and Cotentin Peninsula after 1940 and the Baltic states, Belorussia and Ukraine suffered scorched earth tactics only once (instead of twice as in OTL) the Allied bombing campaign ensured that the infastructural damages and rebuilding efforts really burdened the economy of Europe during the postwar years.

I´ll cover the situation in East Asia eventually, but let´s just say that the first German counter-insurgency operation carried out by "military advisors" sented to support the French struggle in Indochina by führer Rudolf Hess was not going to be the last.

great work

This is an immense work - even if its "only" the translation of a project in Finnish language. This "virtual history" looks quite realistic. Little changes in the WW2 events and wiser planning decisions (Jet Engines, autonomy of the captured Eastern territory ...) of the German persons in power could have let to that history. But I want to point out that I'm very glad, that history not happened like that!

But still I have some critics:
I'm sure that the Nazi rulers couldn't have resisted the temptation of bringing two "ethnical German" territories back to the Reich ("Heim ins Reich holen"):
1. Nordschleswig (Southern Danemark) with only a small German core. Lost after WW1.
2. Südtirol/Welschtirol (Southtirol/Trentino Northern Italy) with a big German-Austrian core in Southtirol an virtually non in Trentino. Part of Austria-Hungary before WW1. This province is "Trentino" in HOI2. It should have an German core in the game! Southtirol ist still totay in reality a 50% percent German 50% percent Italian speaking country (50% Italian only because Mussoline settled many South Italians there).
In reality Hitler sacrificed Southtirol to Mussolini to get him into the Axis. The inhabitants were forced to "optieren". Meaning to choose to stay in Southtirol (Italian Name Alto Adige, which neglects the German history of the country) and become an Italian speaker or leave the "Heimat" to be resettled in the new German "Ostgebiete".
Okay in reality we know what happened to Mussolini. After the real fall of Italy many ethnic German Southtirol people were already returning to their country. But today it remains to Italy with a strong autonomy.
In this virtual history maybe during the Vienna conference Southtirol should be given to the Reich, while Trentino should be given to RSI
- in appreciation of the importance of the RSI for WEU (together with Oil rich Romania third strongest WEU country after Reich and France) and
- the fact that Welschtirol/Trentino is and was Italian speaking even in the Austro-Hungarian times.

Waiting for the next chapters!

Last edited:
hook69 said:
This is an immense work - even if its "only" the translation of a project in Finnish language. This "virtual history" looks quite realistic. Little changes in the WW2 events and wiser planning decisions (Jet Engines, autonomy of the captured Eastern territory ...) of the German persons in power could have let to that history. But I want to point out that I'm very glad, that history not happened like that!

But still I have some critics:
I'm sure that the Nazi rulers couldn't have resisted the temptation of bringing two "ethnical German" territories back to the Reich ("Heim ins Reich holen"):
1. Nordschleswig (Southern Danemark) with only a small German core. Lost after WW1.
2. Südtirol/Welschtirol (Southtirol/Trentino Northern Italy) with a big German-Austrian core in Southtirol an virtually non in Trentino. Part of Austria-Hungary before WW1. This province is "Trentino" in HOI2. It should have an German core in the game! Southtirol ist still totay in reality a 50% percent German 50% percent Italian speaking country (50% Italian only because Mussoline settled many South Italians there).
In reality Hitler sacrificed Southtirol to Mussolini to get him into the Axis. The inhabitants were forced to "optieren". Meaning to choose to stay in Southtirol (Italian Name Alto Adige, which neglects the German history of the country) and become an Italian speaker or leave the "Heimat" to be resettled in the new German "Ostgebiete".
Okay in reality we know what happened to Mussolini. After the real fall of Italy many ethnic German Southtirol people were already returning to their country. But today it remains to Italy with a strong autonomy.
In this virtual history maybe during the Vienna conference Southtirol should be given to the Reich, while Trentino should be given to RSI
- in appreciation of the importance of the RSI for WEU (together with Oil rich Romania third strongest WEU country after Reich and France) and
- the fact that Welschtirol/Trentino is and was Italian speaking even in the Austro-Hungarian times.

Waiting for the next chapters!
The Nazis had already planned the resettlement of the South Tyroleans in other parts of Europe. I doubt they would scrap those plans, even if the Tyroleans would rather prefer to stay in their home country.

Karl Martell said:
The Nazis had already planned the resettlement of the South Tyroleans in other parts of Europe. I doubt they would scrap those plans, even if the Tyroleans would rather prefer to stay in their home country.

Well that is not correct! Ironically 85% of the inhabitants decide for German citizenship and therefore to leave the country in the long run. Partly because of propaganda (as a real German come to the Reich, don't become Italian!) and the seed of fear (rumor of deportation to Sicily). But in fact they opted for Germany but didn't resettle fast. They waited what will happen.
Duce and Führer where simply astonished by that number. Also because of war only some thousand resettled - mostly poor urban people, who saw a new chance in resettlement. Duce itself guaranted the people, that they could stay. He couldn't afford that number of inhabitants lost in a short time leaving behind an empty Southtyrol.
After the Fall of Italy in 1943 Southtyrol became part of operational zone "Alpenvorland" of the Wehrmacht. Resettlement was stopped immediately. So the plans where actually scrapped! (Ok, but in a "Virtual history" this could have been the other way around, while it is not convincing to me).