• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And thanks for the feedback again, especially hook69 simply forced me to conduct additional research.One has to remember that after Hitler´s death the new German leadership ruling behind the scenes while during the reign of Rudolf Hess took distance to most utopistic war-era plans and sought instead to create a new order where most nation states of New Europe would have no ethnic minorities from the neighbouring countries. While such plans failed in Ostland where both Latvia and Estonia received a large Russian minority with their new borders, I think that both Nordschleswig and Südtirol would have stayed in the control of Denmark and RSI without their pre-war German minorities.

Užičkibombarder:
The fate of the Serbs is quite grim. After the war Hungary took control of the regions around Subotica-Vrbas-Apatin and Croatia annexed whole Bosnia and the remaining parts of Vojvodina in the western shores of Danube. Bulgaria annexed the whole region of Macedonia (FYROM to any Greek patriots out there), but the greatest loss came when Albanian fascists were favoured over desperate Serbian pleas and the beatiful land of Obilic, the cradle of Serbian Christianity and the heart of "old Serbia" was lost when Albania annexed Kosovo. Little did it comfort the Serbs that Montenegro and Serbia formed a joint federative state in 1950´s, when the new state becan the difficult process of resettling all refugees from the lost territories.

Josif "Tito" Broz was finally captured by Croat authorities in Bosnia in 1955, but the local communist partisans supported by Bosniacs fought against the new situation for long time to come. While there was nothing that Serbs could do to change the new situation, they sure as Hell were not happy about it. Blaming the Ustasha for causing their current misery the remaining Serbian secret societies swore revenge. In 1957 četnic Blagoje Jovovic seriously wounded Ante Pavelić, and the hospitalized “Poglavnic” died in Zagreb in 1959.

Karelian said:
Užičkibombarder:
The fate of the Serbs is quite grim. After the war Hungary took control of the regions around Subotica-Vrbas-Apatin and Croatia annexed whole Bosnia and the remaining parts of Vojvodina in the western shores of Danube. Bulgaria annexed the whole region of Macedonia (FYROM to any Greek patriots out there), but the greatest loss came when Albanian fascists were favoured over desperate Serbian pleas and the beatiful land of Obilic, the cradle of Serbian Christianity and the heart of "old Serbia" was lost when Albania annexed Kosovo. Little did it comfort the Serbs that Montenegro and Serbia formed a joint federative state in 1950´s, when the new state becan the difficult process of resettling all refugees from the lost territories.

Josif "Tito" Broz was finally captured by Croat authorities in Bosnia in 1955, but the local communist partisans supported by Bosniacs fought against the new situation for long time to come. While there was nothing that Serbs could do to change the new situation, they sure as Hell were not happy about it. Blaming the Ustasha for causing their current misery the remaining Serbian secret societies swore revenge. In 1957 četnic Blagoje Jovovic seriously wounded Ante Pavelić, and the hospitalized “Poglavnic” died in Zagreb in 1959.
Yes, this would happend if Serbia lost WWII.

Becouse I am makeing mod wich is simmilar to this AAR, would you like to join in team, http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=258681

Užičkibombarder said:
Yes, this would happend if Serbia lost WWII.

Becouse I am makeing mod wich is simmilar to this AAR, would you like to join in team, http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=258681

Thanks for the offer. Because of my studies I´m quite hard-pressed with my spare time, and thus I regretfully have to decline your offer. At the moment that is, later in the autumn I might be able to help with some research or the like since my modding skills are quite inadequate anyway.

Karelian said:
Thanks for the offer. Because of my studies I´m quite hard-pressed with my spare time, and thus I regretfully have to decline your offer. At the moment that is, later in the autumn I might be able to help with some research or the like since my modding skills are quite inadequate anyway.
OK :(

Mobutu a communist in this reality? Interesting, but wouldn't Lumumba be more likely to have that role?

Not to nitpick, but East Asia, err, doesn't make much sense.

In OTL, the Communists were reduced to Northerwestern China during the Sino-Japanese War, and only gained control of manchuria with the aid of Russian troops. Yet the USSR would not be in a position to provide these soldiers with the Reich in Moscow, and so Manchuria would probably fall to the Guomanding.

Faeelin said:
Not to nitpick, but East Asia, err, doesn't make much sense.

In OTL, the Communists were reduced to Northerwestern China during the Sino-Japanese War, and only gained control of manchuria with the aid of Russian troops. Yet the USSR would not be in a position to provide these soldiers with the Reich in Moscow, and so Manchuria would probably fall to the Guomanding.

After the last major Soviet counterattacks against Moscow and Caucasus failed, Stalin realized that the Red Army needed time to recover from the heavy losses sustained during these last two offensives. Secondarily he was aware of the fact that after the fighting of summer 1943 German army was also so battleworn and in equally difficult logistical situation that it was not in a position to launch a third major offensive in the Eastern Front, though it still had reserves it could use to counter future Soviet attacks.

Secondly the Soviet intelligence knew well how poorly equipped the Japanese armies defending Manchuria were. With virtually no anti-tank weaponry, heavy artillery or armored units they were a force that even the weakened Red Army of 1945 would be able to defeat.

Stalin also knew that Japan would fall in a matter of time whether he attacked Manchuria or not. He also calculated that he had enough forces to hold his Siberian industrial regions and mount a suprise attack against the Japanese in Manchuria.

The second assumption was especially true since the German supply situation was seriously jeopardized by the intensified partisan warfare in Russia. While barely holding the front with a mixed force of tired veterans, green and poor-quality replacements and local volunteer units the OKH would not even dream of ground operations against Sverdlovsk or the area east from Urals, especially when the threat of Allied invasion to continental Europe steadily grew and the Italian front also required troops.

Thus attacking Manchuria in 1945 was a calculated and reasonable move to save the future of the Revolution, and while the Red Army formations used there where weaker and more inexperienced than the ones avainable for the Soviets in OTL, the fact that the Japanese had no means to counter the the Soviet tanks still contributed to a quick victory for the Red Army. In the west these forces were unable to change the situation, while in the East they had a huge impact.

Arilou said:
Mobutu a communist in this reality? Interesting, but wouldn't Lumumba be more likely to have that role?

Obviously yes, I even think he played a major role in the independence movement in the beginning. But ultimately Mobutu Sese Seko Nkuku Ngbendu wa za Banga rose to the leadership of the country and eliminated his competitors, at least momentarily.

A very good and realistic ATL. Am I the only one, who fears that Das Neue Europa will experience a dissolution similar to that of the SU in OTL? Just thinking about the enddate (91)

Also, will there be an update about the everyday life of the Reichspeople, and, will we get more information about the USA and the Sino-Soviet alliance?

Herbert West said:
A very good and realistic ATL. Am I the only one, who fears that Das Neue Europa will experience a dissolution similar to that of the SU in OTL? Just thinking about the enddate (91)

Also, will there be an update about the everyday life of the Reichspeople, and, will we get more information about the USA and the Sino-Soviet alliance?

Good questions.
During the late 1980´s the stagnated state economy suffers from yet another major repression, and while more moderate forces within the NSDAP civilian administration and leadership of the major corporations would prefer to reinstall the more liberal economic policies tested during the times of Rudolf Hess, the unyielding "Hoffnerist" elements of security organizations and armed forces are deeply alarmed of this developement and are demanding strong measures to counter such developement. Currently both sides are keenly observing the actions of the new triumvirate of Party Secretary Mahler, Reichspresident von Thadden and Reichschancelor Oberlercher, and the situation is quite tense.

Spacehusky: Is this "one thread per AAR" a new official policy of the moderators or just a recommendation?

The everyday life in the Reich is the subject of my next update, so stay tuned.

Karelian said:
Spacehusky: Is this "one thread per AAR" a new official policy of the moderators or just a recommendation?
No Idea.

REAL health Nazis :rofl: . The New Europe sounds like a pretty nice place to live, aside from the economic problems...What's life like in the EAU and United States? I imagine the Commies are suffering from even greater economic woes than Europe. And does New Europe have racial discrimination policies? All in all, a fascinating update.

Economic problems, endless concrete blocks; poverty so rampant that the government can't afford pesticides, execution of homosexuals and dissidents...

I've seen places I've preferred better.

Actually, the communists are probably having an earlier economic boom than China had OTL.

I suppose it has, but I also suppose that the forum rules dont allow them to be posted.
At least, I would be surprised if there would be no racial laws. Although, as the NE is quite closed, and the population seems to grow (at least, t is not falling), there is no need/mode for immigration, thus, no real need for racial laws, as long as color is concerned. For the inner quarelling of Eastern Europe, I am quite sure that the german iron fist makes sure that everyone shuts his mouth:)

Concerning the one move that is, as far as I know, forbidden to be mentioned, I am quite sure that until Hitlers death, it was carried on as usual, but a more common sensed Führer would surely have sensed the potential of the manpower there.

Faeelin said:
Economic problems, endless concrete blocks; poverty so rampant that the government can't afford pesticides, execution of homosexuals and dissidents...

I've seen places I've preferred better.

Actually, the communists are probably having an earlier economic boom than China had OTL.

If they can afford military technology equal to or better than NATO's, High speed raillines, and an environmentalist movement I'm sure they can afford pesticides. They just don't use them. And I'd imagine that the Gestapo would have eased up a bit after the war, and a lot when the more moderate Nazi's like Hess took over.

Couldnt help but notice that the picture of the train you used in your picture about the rail network in Europe is actually a Swiss train used by the Schwiezer BundesBahn (SBB), Im an exchange student staying in Switzerland for a year so I have rode the same trains many times. Not nitpicking at all but I just thought it was funny, their German counterpart looks like this:

3c9e32cd.jpg

Spacehusky said:
If they can afford military technology equal to or better than NATO's, High speed raillines, and an environmentalist movement I'm sure they can afford pesticides.

I suppose. It's just that since there's no rational reason not to use them, this is an indication that either Germany is mired in backwardness or sufering from grinding poverty.

And I'd imagine that the Gestapo would have eased up a bit after the war, and a lot when the more moderate Nazi's like Hess took over.

I suppose they would run out of targets after a while, yes. But regarding Moderation: Would the 3rd Reich moderate the same way that the USSR did after Lenin died?

Dude. This is a lot. A whole lot. Such a whole lot.

Oh yes, while your writing is fine indeed, I am just curious about how the part that encompasses HoI 2 elements will be?