The Obligatory EUIV Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Ah yes yes, such defender, much faith
Europa Universalis IV_6.jpg

• 2Haha
Reactions:
Russia just declared war on my rival - scandinavia level Denmark and Austria "somehow" got into that war:
iYoB1DX.jpg

My first game in like a year and its been really messy for me. Dunno if I got rusty or the game got harder.

So it says:

The Pope, at the request of Bohemia, excommunicated the ruler of Bohemia.

I think the joke is lost if you don't speak French.

• 1Like
Reactions:
20200706085438_1.jpg

Behold, a reformed pope. Didn't have anything to do with it myself, as far as I know, he just converted due to CoR in Italy. Not sure if related, but ever since it happened, no new popes have been elected (played for ~60 more years since this screenshot), so I'm stuck with permanent curia control. Not complaining

• 4Haha
Reactions:
One oddly alliance
Europa Universalis IV_9.jpg

When you need to go THIS far to fix that golden bullion problem...
Europa Universalis IV_10.jpg

Good it didn't happen IRL...those poor islands would be done by now for sure :eek:

• 4Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
20200707193600_1.jpg

Burgundy: We should help the Dutch.
Rest of HRE: Burgundy, you're drunk.

The Netherlands independence event and war spawned off Burgundy who is a member of the Empire. The relevant incident spawned and only one prince wants Austria to help the Netherlands: Burgundy.

Last edited:
  • 10Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Sorry, it's taken by phone rather than screenshot (it made it easier to send to somebody else :p )
I tried to make an alliance with the Mughals (I'm playing as Germany) to attempt to contain the Ottomans, but they refused because they consider my provinces of "vital strategic interests"
So I checked and the provinces they mean are "most of them" I just found it weird since the Mughals haven't really expanded much, so they're just sitting in Delhi demanding to control the entire planet
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-07 at 19.33.09.jpeg

• 5Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
Only reasonable, Mughals is made for WC after all :p

True, but I feel like we could both get what we want if they toned down their plans a little and we worked together. The Ottomans and their ally Ming are the only people on the planet with a larger army than me (they're about twice the size)

Speaking of weird alliances...
Europa Universalis IV_11.jpg

PrtScr capture_4.jpg

Quito initially was very strong native, managed to defend successfully against Spain and eating some of their lands here. Then they lost all but one their provinces... And now they are OPM Catholic Castilian Tribe with embraced Rene and Colo....allied to France (who are GP2 after myself)

Brittany managed to evacuate to Louisiana and became OPM with a very fitting capital...allied to Spain (who are GP4)

True, but I feel like we could both get what we want if they toned down their plans a little and we worked together. The Ottomans and their ally Ming are the only people on the planet with a larger army than me (they're about twice the size)
There have been much worse cases of this. Much smaller countries claiming the whole world as their interest.

• 1Like
Reactions:
20200708231837_1.jpg

I still have absolutely no idea how Personal Unions work, but I do love when in-game reversals happen
I'm really sorry about the borders, I was determined to take Paris and I just kept getting hit by coalition wars before I could do my imperialism

• 4Like
Reactions:
70358D8EC3541F0483A4E1FCE59E72901D46781D

I think they took enough damage...
64355F8A0194A3C21676038C1BB944157E72733E

Only thirty years in and already in this much debt.
EBF3880E322E0F389EF9D29E3441C5539E32D084

Sadly the Hussites did not survive into the Reformation.
DB81FA0555258A2E55AA656CB412DBA13667051F

First time I've seen the Ottomans join the Catholic League, likely to balance out the Poles.

• 2Like
Reactions:
20200711034038_1.jpg

I wondered why weird nations keep getting nominated as emperor (Spain actually was the Emperor for quite a while)
Turns out they peacefully decided that Catholicism is the official faith of the HRE...in *that* Germany. I almost admire their stubbornness. It means less problems for the Ottomans (and by extension, me)

On a sidenote, something which I'm a litltle irritated by is how unwilling allies have been to join any of my wars even with favours and trust. Yet the moment they declare a stupid war I'm expected to drop everything to take part. They seem to always be in massive debt somehow

• 1Like
Reactions: