The Obligatory EUIV Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
What is hard about max tech as Poland?

I like that Master of India is "normal"

It's a pain in the butt for me, Tried twice to get it ):
They're categorized on the wiki the same way they are in the achievements.txt file. No clue why Paradox categorized them like that.

I thought there was something about some travelling guy who can spread it to different regions. I have them in Arabia Peninsula also.
Yes, the spread events are largely based on historical travels the founder of Sikhism made. He didn't have much success beyond Punjab, but in another life... ;)

Didn't screen shot it but I just saw Castille refuse the Iberian wedding event. I didn't even know the ai was allowed to...

They can, but it's *very* unlikely. In my current game as Granada, they refused it. I was pretty happy about it.

I reckon it's about time I showed off. :) Mind you - not Ironman. I'm not that good. Still a pretty good achievement I think :).

I played as Crete (released as a vassal by Venice)

The goals I set for myself were:

1. Win my independence. Austria & Aragon vs Venice war helped a lot here. Aragonese fleet held back Venetian navy long enough to let me get to Naxos and siege it pushing me over the limit for claiming my independence.
2. Not form Greece or Byzantine Empire. I wanted to do this as the underdog, meaning Crete.
3. Reconquer all lands once claimed by Alexander the Great of Macedon and return them to Greek (Cretean) rule. I got all his lands including all of Greece, Turkish and Persian Regions and his African holdings.
4. If possible, surpass Alexander's conquests. To do that I conquered Rome and much of Italia, most of north Africa and Arabian Peninsula, all of Southern Slavic lands. I also took all of Mediterranean islands and advanced farther into India.
5. Create a Christian "path" between Europe and India. (Conquests of major religious sites like Mecca, Rome and Aleppo helped a lot to achieve that)
6. Restore the Pentarchy (done :) ).

Fun stuff to point out:
- Granada exists and owns Murcia.
- Burgundy noms France.
- Moroccan Algiers.
- Mali exists despite being a long-standing defender of Sunni faith and being called to shitload of wars.
- Scandinavia formed.
- Ming is alive and well.
- Portugal didn't beat Russia to Kamchatka.
- 100 years long deadlock between France, Russia and Ottomans each of whom claimed the defender of their faith and made it literally impossible to wage any major wars for a century. (almost made me ragequit)

Here are some screenshots:

npCpAVn.jpg

uViM89L.jpg

GgW0B3l.jpg

Whew. Was a bit of work that one. Gotta rest before AoW releases. Dat Theodoros is next on the list :3.

That text is actually Ottoman specific and was suggested by @Chamboozer .
We have a bunch of different texts depending on who circumnavigates the globe first. Some are region specific and some are tag specific :)

Protestants won the League War, and AI Hannover.

eu4_61.png

The Reformation really took off in mainland Europe.

eu4_59.png

Also in this game: Fezzan formed Tripoli, then Tunis. Mamelukian Australia.

Meanwhile, Scotland is ruled by King rebel_preacher I rebel_preacher, who has a son named Robert.
View attachment 315508

Apparently the game thinks that rebel_preacher is its own dynasty,

View attachment 315510

This is due to an event that creates pretender rebels with a leader called "rebel_preacher". They must have enforced their demands. The problem is this part of CultureandReligionEvents.txt:

Code:
                       spawn_rebels = {
                           type = pretender_rebels
                           size = 2
                           leader = rebel_preacher
                       }

@DDRJake @Trin Tragula could this get fixed?

May seem stupid, but why use signed numbers for things like troops ? It's not like if we're supposed to go in the negative

• Signed numbers make overflows more visible in a lot of code that assumes variables are >= 0, if you see a negative number in such a variable you immediately know it's an overflow.
  • Having 32 unsigned bits of precision is great until you suddenly need to apply them in a signed equation because you misjudged, or had changed requirements...
  • Programmers are generally more familiar with signed arithmetic and not familiar with unsigned/signed mismatch casting.
  • Despite the 50% difference, the gain of 1 bit never makes a practical difference in the vast majority of code. If you had an overflow at 31 bits chances are you would also get it at 32 bits.
  • Having to think about what type of integer to use when coding higher level problems is vast of effort/time.
  • In case of 64 bit signed arithmetic which is getting more common since x64, you're probably not going to overflow anyway.

I don't recommend ever using unsigned except in bit manipulation code or where you otherwise explicitly need unsigned semantics. Aside from that, the fixed point arithmetic in Clausewitz is 32/64 bit signed only for above reasons. Many programming languages also lack support for unsigned because the designers know it's a noob trap.

Last edited:
That's more questionable, I believe someone thought it appropriate. :p

Edit: Pretty sure it's because of manpower being represented with fixed point such that 1 manpower = 1000 men, and the data type remaining after multiplication. Still, converting this to an integer before summing would solve the issue unless you have wars above 2 billion losses.

Last edited: