The Obligatory EUIV Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
72% warscore. Call for peace. Own capital being sieged down. War-target being sieged back. Half the troops compared to the enemy. Should we peace out now, AI?

Noooo, we can do this, just 10 more years and we will have defeated those Ottomans...
20171120001415_1.jpg

(and yes, I know the Mamluks haven't a single province they could take for themselves... Impossible to get anything is Turkey itself...)

Edit: They peaced out after almost 20 years for war reps and 150 ducats -.- Despite still having around 70 warscore and being able to give me the Caucasus (all occupied and set as vital interest...)

Last edited:
wait, i dont see a brunei... oh, one province, surely they have more... wait, thats all 7 dev they have... how are they a GP?
and what is mentese, ive played in indonesia more than any other part of the world, and unless im just forgetting something, ive never seen that before...

wait, i dont see a brunei... oh, one province, surely they have more... wait, thats all 7 dev they have... how are they a GP?
and what is mentese, ive played in indonesia more than any other part of the world, and unless im just forgetting something, ive never seen that before...
IIRC one of the Turkish beyliks.

I was a little bit too greedy, so I had a civil war (leading to a very good king), which forced me to release Gaeldom. No problem game, the cores are established. And then, I saw the name of the king:

DB782C8AFD3D3A3D439D1BD1D9CC79F580F09309

He's not the first one of his name, he's the... what? The zeroth? Thick math Artair, thick math...

I was a little bit too greedy, so I had a civil war (leading to a very good king), which forced me to release Gaeldom. No problem game, the cores are established. And then, I saw the name of the king:

DB782C8AFD3D3A3D439D1BD1D9CC79F580F09309

He's not the first one of his name, he's the... what? The zeroth? Thick math Artair, thick math...
Uggghhh, if only he'd been a Douglas, that would've been so much better.

Playing as Muscovy for a bit, and this happens in the HRE:

View attachment 314951

Austria has an eligible ruler, but the electors apparently voted for the OPM Anhalt instead. Since they're no longer Emperor, Austria starts eating other princes and gets himself excommunicated...

To be HRE eligible you need an heir. The most probable thing is that starting Austrian ruler died before he produced an heir, so Austria was not eligible to be Emperor. But it's still weird that Anhalt got it, as most of the time it's bigger HRE countries who get it

You know those stereotypically Irish surnames beginning with 'O', like O'Reilly, O'Sullivan and so on? The 'O' is a separate word in Irish (e.g. "O'Reilly" is an anglicization of "Ó Raghallaigh"). So an 'O' (as opposed to a zero) could make sense there.

You know those stereotypically Irish surnames beginning with 'O', like O'Reilly, O'Sullivan and so on? The 'O' is a separate word in Irish (e.g. "O'Reilly" is an anglicization of "Ó Raghallaigh"). So an 'O' (as opposed to a zero) could make sense there.

I know, but it's a "0" and not a "O". You can clearly tell that from the shape.

Edit: If you look at my dip or mil points you will see it.

They're a great power because they're one of the 8 independent nations, all other than the 8 are subject to either me or the Ming. And Mentese is one of the Turkish minors, been feeding them.

EDIT: One of the 10* independent nations, found a 6 dev Oman on an island, and a 6 dev Korea on another one.

Last edited:
Big Sofala who is allied with Kilwa. They finally fixed the bug where the AI never declared war on oversea terrirotires, as a result, Kilwa has expanded into Madagascar, and Portugal is doing some nice expansion into Kilwa as well.
C314DF2A8D1CAD6B76E4973EC616AD9E0060A68F

Pre-cradle of civilization game. The army's leader, or should I say Shogun?, is apparently "serious" about enforcing his/her colonization policy. Sadly it end in a white peace.

907332E6E9CE0E4451A070062CBB8D89EA60FFB5

I have absolute no idea how those rebel decided to go all the way down to warmer climate!!! Although I just "recently" took over Alaska land. I did nothing to cause this as far I am aware. All 3 rebel are inside "Florida/Louisiana" CN land where there was a Florida Portugal CN hence the cultures.

F25802B025BED7D8375C29051FB168DEEF5E16F0

To be HRE eligible you need an heir. The most probable thing is that starting Austrian ruler died before he produced an heir, so Austria was not eligible to be Emperor. But it's still weird that Anhalt got it, as most of the time it's bigger HRE countries who get it

My thought as well, but they still have von Habsburg dynasty. Either way, kinda strange to see Austria start eating other princes like they did.

Protestants won the League War, and AI Hannover.

eu4_61.png

The Reformation really took off in mainland Europe.

eu4_59.png

Also in this game: Fezzan formed Tripoli, then Tunis. Mamelukian Australia.

@neondt

To be honest, I am more impressed by that huge Brandenburg in Denmark land.

3P9NO7Z.jpg

Okay, so the King of Bosnia wants to annul the marriage with Prince No Consort so he asks the Sunni Pope. He is also at war with the Pope. (I obviously converted the Papal States on purpose but I'm pretty sure this event was not affected by that. I just included the Religion screen because it adds to the absurdity of the situation).

Okay, so the King of Bosnia wants to annul the marriage with Prince No Consort so he asks the Sunni Pope. He is also at war with the Pope. (I obviously converted the Papal States on purpose but I'm pretty sure this event was not affected by that. I just included the Religion screen because it adds to the absurdity of the situation).

The city on fire in the background also fit perfectly with the context... o_O

How the hell did you manage to convert to Sunni as the Papal States anyway ? Aren't you locked to Catholicism ?