The Obligatory EUIV Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Don't know whether this is very common because I haven't this game for very long.

But I've been on the wiki and read up on formable nations and I seem to have 5 of them here: Great Britain, Spain, Russia, Scandinavia and The Netherlands. Here's the screenshot:

E647FBFC8D115A5D86CC4C30846FE9378547EEA8

Those are all the most commonly AI formed countries, assuming that was an event spawned Netherlands and not one formed by a Dutch minor. Strange ones would be Greece, Romania, or Jerusalem.

O62GfdY5h8.jpg

Last time I looked England had a descendant of Oliver Cromwell - he somehow sided with the Royalists and ended up as king - on the throne. And now they have an Irishman as King of England. :D

4YYEOYpp2m.jpg

And he's back.

106 year old heir?
It's a bug. When a country is annexed and later reappears on the map, they often have either their former ruler or the former ruler's heir as their heir. I've seen a reborn Albania with Skanderbeg as heir.

EDIT:
GrGUwNByL8.jpg

Not visible: All of Portugal is either occupied by the Spanish or by rebels. The Middle East is also the most stable region in the game.

Last edited:
Welp, time to check my score per month, make sure I'm still number one in every ranking.

Huh, I'm number 2 in military and dip, Ottomans must have built a ton of ships and units or something, I should go higher than 50% of FL i guess.

......*jaw drops*

8193344E4564253CC8474A343B80D0B6D2D60888

83889151EAD15C58397119385CD1B8473975F65D

WTF IS THIS!?!?!? SO BROKEN!

Winning a war against a stronger country gives you big bonuses in all the categories (+18.10 here for Kazakh presumably beating Chagatai)

Here's a few I found recently:

Ajuraan, the only Islamic Theocracy, is now a Sultanate...

ce8mFWu.jpg

The Pope loves the Baltic... The Baltic States, get it? No? Okay... :(

1qhuptA.jpg

French Siberia

PTM88hc.jpg

Gotland Stronk

Z01iJWW.jpg

Koch is a Hindu Theocracy. Hindu theocracies have no localisation, so it's Archbishop... Why can't it be Guru or something?

vpteW0v.jpg

Early pragmatic sanction is luck - not strange. Dead Saxony, Cologne and Mainz happens as well, they're just too small to survive the first 50 years guaranteed.
France leaving England, Provence and Burgundy alone for almost 40 years is strange though.

In my current Scotland non-ironman game, France is my good ally but while I almost devoured the last of England on the islands (only London +2 other provinces left), on the mainland they still have Calais, Gascogne and Armor (which they took off Brittany), while Provence is still going strong. I guess continuous wars with the England-Castille-Portugal block along with fighting Burgundy and Austria are draining the BBB somewhat.