The Obligatory EUIV Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ssiWlR5.jpg

Don't know how uncommon this is..., but would love to hear an explanation. They are currently fighting over it with Oirat.

I had a game (1.6 patch IIRC) where Japan ended up in a personal union under Crimea*. So there clearly is something odd that can happen there.

*The end result being that, when Crimea went to war with Russia, the latter conquered most of Japan.....

That's what the pragmatic sanction is.
But that's not how it's supposed to work. To quote: "The Pragmatic Sanction did not affect the office of Holy Roman Emperor; even though successive Habsburg rulers had headed the Holy Roman Empire continuously for centuries, the Imperial crown remained elective, not hereditary."
Maria Theresia didn't rule the Holy Roman Empire, her husband did.

I had a game (1.6 patch IIRC) where Japan ended up in a personal union under Crimea*. So there clearly is something odd that can happen there.

Except for Manchu, all the hordes share a pretty small list of potential dynasties and they often shuffle between them due to No Child Can Be Khan. So Japan RM's Oirat, gets Oirat's dynasty on their throne, then has a very small chance of getting a PU over/under whatever hordes happen to have that dynasty too.

But that's not how it's supposed to work. To quote: "The Pragmatic Sanction did not affect the office of Holy Roman Emperor; even though successive Habsburg rulers had headed the Holy Roman Empire continuously for centuries, the Imperial crown remained elective, not hereditary."
Maria Theresia didn't rule the Holy Roman Empire, her husband did.

And if that happened in game Austria would lose the Emperorship and it'd go to someone else. It was an intentional design decision and the whole point of the Pragmatic Sanction event. No stranger than the War of the Roses.

ssiWlR5.jpg

Don't know how uncommon this is..., but would love to hear an explanation. They are currently fighting over it with Oirat.
All Horde countries share the same dynasty group, so it's possible to have the same dynasty in a Muslim and a Buddhist country. Buddhists can have royal marriage with Shintoists. My guess would be that Oirat had a royal marriage with Japan at some point, replacing the latter's dynasty with a Mongol one. The Qara Qoyunlu have the same dynasty. Their rulers dies without issue, the country with the same dynasty and enough prestige - more than Oirat - gets them under a PU, in this case Japan. Oirat, possibly Japan's rival, contested it.

2014-08-13_00017.jpg

Right, who doesn't remember the ages-old feud between the Irish and the Engl... wait what?
Munster also did this. The goddamn Irish are drunk again..

Probably should post this in the bug section too.

I know, pragmatic sanction worked different IRL. RL Francis had almost no own might (after all, a emperor pulled his authority from his personal dominions), and even contemporaries admitted that his wife was the person deciding. Francis was elected (instead of Maria Theresia) for social - not political reasons. Since EU4 has no social component, and the political impact is extremely minor to non-existent, devs decided to implement something else.
--
Btw, there's so much inaccurate mechanics in the game. If Austria had annexed Salzburg (or other church-ruled HRE dominions) early IRL, the reaction would be close to being excommunicated, not just some AE and -0.5 legitimacy per uncored province. IRL, everybody who owned imperial territory was entitled to vote in the imperial parliament - and expected to provide troops to the imperial army. There's neither a vote for non-members (like Burgundy) on imperial reforms, nor a imperial army mechanic at all (during the seven years war, ~20% of the troops fighting on the French/Austrian/Russian/Saxon side were part of the Reichsexekutionsarmee - they're fighting Prussia cause the emperor (Austria) issued a Reichsacht (Prussia was basically outlawed), not cause countries like Würzburg really cared about Prussia invading Saxony).

That is what I was thinking.

Hungary has no army and is being full occupied, this lowers the power to a point where an OPM in Ireland can rival them

I've just released Burgundy as a vassal. Their heir is either a vampire or found the fountain of youth.

objo89m7.png