• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A turkish empire that is about the same size of the Roman empire. (Owns Moroco all the way through, loops around isreal, up into modern day turkey, all of the balkans and annexed Hungry, all of Italian penissula! Southern half of france, and eastern coast of Spain, as well as all the islands in the meditererian!) Its weird thinking what we would be taught in school if the Muslems actually drove into Europe and taken the Catholic Capital of the World (Rome/Vatican) :D

Also, the Tuetonic Order owns 90% of Russia, bordering parts of Poland-Lith, denmark penninsula(not up into norway)and the Hessenic Leuage.

I am not sure if this qualifies as weird, but currently I keep sending my English settlers to the far east, Siberia to be more precise, building my largest colony, second only to North America. I am absolutely undisturbed up there and have already 12 provinces, acquired over a period of less than 5 years.

Actually, I have found that England is very easy to play as (settings normal/normal), once you focus on colonization/exploration instead of petty wars in Europe. I mean, it's 1600. My colonies in America are cities already (from Nova Scotia to Carolina), same for colonies in West, South, and East Africa, India, Indonesia, Taiwan and (soon) Siberia. I get 60 d/month with an inflation of 0.25, plus 250 d per year. Some minor invasions have easily been thwarted and it is a matter of time till I will go for the Spanish colonies in America.

I have something new form my GC by Poland:

- Turkey have about 10 provinces in central and southern cost of Africa (ie. near Cape of good Hope).
- Poland (me) have colonies in North America - among others Delaware, Masachussets, Carolina

Originally posted by Depp
Glory glory, next will be attacking the papalstates with my italian allies, a little wierd historically, don't you think ?

I think it's time to post my AAR of the Knights with the new patch. :p

Weird Happenings

In my GC game England was torn apart. She got hit with a Civil War ---> England became 2 factions Royalists vs Normal. Because of this crisis an opportunity for invasion was presented to France, Netherlands, Denmark, and Russia. London, Wales, and Portsmouth are the only remaining English provinces. Netherlands and France snatched up the rest of the English colonies in America.

As France, I started a bloody ten year war, and ended up completely decimating Spanish armies, and took the lucrative gold-producing provine of Toledo for France, along with Flanders.

During the course of the war, troops from Cologne and the Platinant repeatedly went on rampages through the French countryside, always ending up in Northern Spain (their apparent destination all along). Spanish troops did a similar thing, except they went teh opposite direction (from Spain into Germany). I sent out the French navy repeatedly, but there was not a sign of a Spanish ship anywhere (for 10 years, not one naval engagement).

Savoy managed to end up taking Havana from the Spanish. Later, I conquered the entire Aztec Empire, for France, but returend a few years later to find that my Aztec colonies had turned Spanish, even though I got not warning, nor was there a delcaration of war.

I also have a new one: I just had AI Ragusa (IGC) becoming a 4 province minor gaining Albania, Kosovo and Bosnia. :) Despite this feat, they were later diplomatically annexed by Venice, though ...

Hartmann

Originally posted by NuclearWar

Savoy managed to end up taking Havana from the Spanish. Later, I conquered the entire Aztec Empire, for France, but returend a few years later to find that my Aztec colonies had turned Spanish, even though I got not warning, nor was there a delcaration of war.

That's the result of the Treaty of Tordesillas. Spain can annex colonies of any other catholic countries without declaring war (provinces affected by that rule have Spanish shields). This effect is cancelled by 'Edict of Tolerance' and of course if you put your troops in the province Spaniards would have to fight them.