• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Addendum to Bohemia game..
OR
Funny things keep happenning.

As I play on in my Bohemia game things just get wierder. Pskov Fought a War with the Golden horde and received Kubischev and Tambow!!! Bavaria (my ally at the time) got 2 provinces (Posen and KrakW) from poland in our joint defensive war. I managed to annex (peacefully) Bavaria and received those provinces.

MY other Ally Wurttemburg decided to take on rump Austria (stryria Austria and Tyrol) and conquered Tyrol!

England is a mess Spaniard, Scots, French, Swedes.. oh my!! (somebody please fix England PLEASE this happens in everygame!!)

Alliance with Hungary for the past 200 years :D +200 (this is THE key to any successful game as Bohemia!)

Now i have 12 provinces , Hungary 11 with Alliance. Royal marriage.. looking for vassalization :D
(still hasnt said yes after 3 tries.. does your BB affect this??)

Z

This is -definitely- the weirdest thing that happened in any of my games:

The English AI survived! no for real, think about it... not only that it managed to fend off repeated Scottish invasions and take back two Irish provinces that were lost to Spain in an earlier war, but also annex Hannover, keep Calais, take Picardie from France and build a colonial empire! beat that ;)

tuna

In my game, THE PIRATES DISCOVERED AMERICAS. I was playing Spain too!!!! Columbus made a B-line to the Leeward islands but still can't beat those pirates. How's that for weird, for most of my game the pirates have 2nd most VPs.

OK I had a few weird things.

In one game with Prussia I manage to gain pretty good maps of the world through trading. It usually works for me. I trade the turks my maps, then trade theirs to the English, then the French, and then Spanish and Portugal bouncing them off one another.

IN 1525 Prussia gets a conquistador, and I establish a colony in Florida. Next I get 20k men and attack the Incas and take 3 provinces but they won't give me a single province in a peace agreement. Unfortunately I'm out of men and I can't get another province.

IN another game with Russia it's now 1599. France expanded to Baden, Helvatia, Milan, Mantua, Flanders, Kent, Calias, Navarra, Savoy, Lorraine. It's the first time i've seen a real AI power monger. Then came the BB value and everyone jumped on them.

I also acheived a rather permenant alliance with Denmark, England, And the netherlands with Russia. And trading for the netherlands maps gave me the East indies. I have settlements in eastern asia, the islands, and the entire american coastline.

But the weirdest thing is it's almost 1600 and Spain is ALLIED with the Aztecs and Incas. And we just got in a war with Spain. This is really good news for me. I have a chance to conquer The rich aztec provinces. The Aztecs still have all their provinces in tact. I find it really weird that they are still alive.

Also Granada still remains independent. Also a wierdness.

In a game I played as russia England managed to peacefully annex austria after 3-4 years. That should have made them a little stronger to fend of the french, but NOOO. In the late 16:th century ireland was lost to france and 3 provinces lost to scotland.

Originally posted by Jan Zamojski
Tywyll, Austria should not be annexable unless you edited the game.

Or unless you're playing the Swedish version of the game. Which seems quite likely, given Tywyll's stated location. =)

Due to hundreds of years of inbreeding, all of my monarchs (Austria)suffer 2 or 3 bouts of temporary insanity. Which reduces their abilities to very poor for the rest of their sad, pathetic lives.

Despite this Bavaria agreed to become my vassal last night.:)

These are all in my current GC game as Russia:

- New tsar comes to power January 1 -- dies January 7
- Prussian provinces on English isles
- Lorraine 7 provinces strong (and growing)
- Courland still in existence in 1671, and doing quite well

Started a new game as The Knights of St John, started by annexin tunusia and the two countries to the left of them, cyrenica and tripolotian or whatever the name was.

So france attacked me with 4 allies. This was at the hardest diff and most aggresive AI, I though this should be a challange, at boy was it :) I survived without losing a territory, but I went bankrupt soon after, going down to -1 stability. But the knights survived a war with the marmeluks and now own alexandria. Glory glory, next will be attacking the papalstates with my italian allies, a little wierd historically, don't you think ?

And spain wanted to change maps with me, fools !

Wurtemburg have been taking provinces off Austria like nobody's business, and off Bavaria before Bavaria wised up and quit their alliance with Austria. Wurtemburg are now a doughnut with one province of Bavaria as the hole.

Just adding some stuff that happened i my most recent game

Portugal has a civil war where the rebels win and turn portugal protestant! Portugal then goes and conquers jutland and iceland (my home) from denmark. I dont know why, to get some lutheran provinces. 30 years after the conversion portugal is still lutheran and porto and tago have both converted to lutheranism!

I am sure that if spain had either the aztecs (english) or the incas (incas) they would build an army and anialate them. But the portugese have the second largest army (after france) in the game.

France declared war on me (england) and attackd. France started with 227 ships I started with 185. We had spent the previous 30 years in a weapons race. Now france decided to attack at the absolute worst time. I had 170 ships in the channel, drake had just arrived and the french had 140 ships in the med 70 in the channel and rest on exploration. The 70 ships in the channel did not survive drakes first trips from anglia to cornwall. The remaining french 140 ships were engaged in the western approaches and half their fleet was sunk (167 vs 140) in the first battle and then they retreated towards ireland. Needless to say I had 160 ships when the whole thing was over and the french fleet was anialated. So far the talley was 10 english ships for 210 french. The french were able to land one army in ireland and one in kent. Neither army could be annhilated as I had skimped on cavalry. So the north of england ping pong tournament started with 3k frenchmen left over from the kent attack were sent back and forth between yorkshire and lancashire. And in ireland the french and english played ping pong as well. But what really gets my goat is that with france controlling two irish provinces he had the audacity to demand both of those provinces AND moron on cuba in peace when I had just killed 210 ships. (and torched 12 french trade posts).

take that!

in the early days of my proud turkish empire i decided to invest my hard earned ducates into the future and built a brewery. this costed me about 800o but i thought it was worth the money. i only thought because few years later i got a random fire-event: my brewerey was down to ashes.

what a sad story, shit happens, but take that: while rebuilding it some decades later i got another random event which came along with a great king. guess what? yeah, you are right, i got a brewery in this special province. now i had one and was building one at the same time. you may ask what happend? well, the brewery-building-icon was still active until the 24 months passed by, but i did neither get a 2nd brewery in this province nor did i get any benefits.

in the end i bought two damn expensive manufactories for getting one as a gift. really weird if you ask me.

Last edited: