• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by Steve5304
I notice with the AI there is a bit of a Snowballing effect. When things are good, there good for another 40 years. When things are bad, There bad for 40 years. The AI have really good Coping and Damage Control abilitys.

i play on very hard/agressive but never occured something like that. nice you did, maybe i´ll get a chance in one of my games as well. i would enjoy seeing papal states or switzerland as a major power in europe. the netherlands once grew to the 3rd mightiest power in europe (though i was at war with them almost all the time), but they have a better position then tuscany.
the snowballing effect is a historic fact: if a country sucks it needs it´s time to regain strenght. some 3rd world countries even nowadays seem to be caught in their bad situation. things changed much slower in EU´s period, nothing to worry about, as it is a historic simulation.

Pacific Alliance

How's this for a wierd one. I'm playing the USA in Age of Revolutions, I'm the head of an alliance of USA, China and Japan(that took a few 'State Gifts')! About 15 years ago we went to war on Spain and the Netherlands (also a strange alliance). Through 3 wars (and peace's) since then the Netherlands have been driven out of Asia (that our maps show) and Japan control's Monterey and the Baja peninsula.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Hartmann

In all the time since I´m playing this game I NEVER had a dynastic event. :(

Hartmann

Hartmann, with all you tens of thousands of hours of play, it's hard to believe! ;)

I recently had my first: Me as England inheriting the Duchy of Hanover. Hm, wasn't it historically the other way around....

In my current game, one of Milan's generals as taken up residence in Bohemia. His army got wiped out, I guess he decided that he didn't want to go home.

*Nations in britain: England, Royalists, Spain, Poland, Netherlands, Scottland, France. (i had nothing to do with it)
*Netherlands diplomaticly annexing Scottland.
*Russia not doing anything for 150 years.

March 1696, Tuscany just took Angila (london) Help..lol, how can such a little country become a massive power, Controlling 2/3 of europe and most of Africa. The AI is et on agressive, But this is nuts. Soon I (sweden) am gonna have to put the smackdown on them, if they make a move at the Tuetons,Poles,Russia or Hannover. France, Spain, Italy, Balkans, all of Afirca , england (below the marches) all is Controlled bye Tuscany. My god the Italians have taken over.
this is nuts, Paradox should have considered this when putting the difficulty level on Hardest. I think the AI is a badboy, wait i got a question. Can an AI be a badboy?

Not really wierd, but I think it's pretty cool. Brandenburg has become a major European military force (along with about four other German nations as allies). By the following screenshot, the big orange bloch north of Italy (Milan, Helvetia, Tyro included), the five orange provinces in upper central Europe, the orange where the Netherlands would normally be, and the two orange provinces in Hungary belong to Brandenburg, 15 or 16 total.

Also take note of the Grey of Brittany (sp?) on the western coast of France. With some early help from me, they're now able to field impressive sized armies.

And something I didn't think I'd see, there's a little patch of Japanese brown on the coast of Asia (next to what would be those islands the Soviets took from Japan during WW2). Japan set up a colony.

EU.jpg

Well, Poland invading and conquering (most of) Germany made me smile. Even better, after annexing the whole of Brandenburg, Prussia, Pomerania, Magdeburg etc they turned east and took most of Crimea, Astrakhan and the Golden Horde. But now their badboy rating must have been really high, because everyone started invading and conquering their provinces. So, there are now three Polands... one in Germany, one in your actual Poland, and one east of the Volga; all fair-sized countries and all physically separated from each other by other nations' territory.

The same game saw me, as Turkey, dynastically inheriting Persia... (admittedly after I'd forced them to convert to my religion).

Stephen

Here are a few more.

Brandenburg conquereing oman and yemen with NO sea rout around the cape.

Incas surviving untill 1585.

England taking all of french atlantic coast.

East europe looking like germany with poland and kazan divided between turkey, golden horde, astrakhan, turkey, crimea, denmark, sweden, astrakhan, hansa, prussia and spain. With practically no adjecent territory. The place looked like germany.

England Spain relations at +200.

Papacy in canada, savoy in chile, parma in mosquitos AND moron in same game.

Turkey taking east pommerania (thus saving hansa from poland).

Danish Ingermann land.

Wurrtemburg with silesia and erz (bordering turkish krakow).

A couple of new ones, I inherited Hungary and Savoy within the space if 2 years. Normally this would be fine, but as I was playing Bohemia, supressing the rebels, and the sudden hatred all Europe aquired for my peacefull nation became a little tough.

As France I inherited Scotland and Cologne, and as England inherited Hansa and Brandenburg. Do I have a special stealth inheritance patch on my machine?

Spain went counter reform, and must have finished some colonies, now that they are Catholic again, they have 4 colonies who still have counter reform catholic as their religion. Now, I know the line's been used, but I really didn't expect the Spanish Inquistion...in the 18th century.

LOL I have played Bohemia myself. I had a nasty Hungary/Bohemia alliance(+200) that truly traumatized
austria (down to 2 territories.) Even wurtemburg took on poor austria alone and WON! (annexed tyrolia).

Quick Q: how doe sinheritence work.. i have royal marriages left and right, never seem to happen.

In my view a quick alliance or inheritance of Hungary is the key for Bohemia

Felix Osstreich mortis :D

Z

BiB, it's a random event, sometimes it happens to nations you have a Royal marriage with. Relations don't appear to make a difference as I got Colonge with less than +200.

I managed to split Austria-Hungary alliance early, left Austria alone, and headed north through Brandenburg. It's funny, but the Bohemia game played the way I always imagined an Austria game should. I got a lot of territory, had late battles with the Turks, throwing them out of most of Europe, but research stagnated, and by the end of the game, the empire was ripe to fall. Very fun game though.

I have nowhere near as large an array of interesting, strange occurrences, but in my game right now, as Austria in the GC, normal AI aggressiveness, the Royalists declared independence from England. As Austria, the nation is now comprised of most of what would today be Germany, excepting a few minors (Hannover, the Palatinat, Saxony and the Hansa) as well as Hungary (I finally got her, not through annexation, but through inheritance) as well as Bulgaria and Macedonia (and I marched on Thrace and took her with a luvverly CB, securing me those provinces. I badly needed a port, so it was a godsend, despite the rebellions). So what did I do? I used my decent treasury to buy myself friendship with the English royalists, and married into their ranks, and now they are my vassals. It should be most amusing to see them become part of my Greater Oesterreich. Can't annex England and won't declare war on her, but it'll give me an extra few ports. And with three colonies in the New World, that should prove useful. :D

hehe, yeha that´s pretty cool stuff. i annexed the royalists (and scotland) as well in my game as austria. nice to see felix austria as a naval power.

two new weirdoz:

.)venice getting switzerland
.)a united india under the moghul empire

Here are a few new ones

Irak taking Galicia and Krementjug from Poland

Danmark owning Ryazan. Sadly Gustav Adolf II died while storming the fortress in 1624. What a loss.

My naval race with China as Russia in the 1780s. I had a few wars some years before as i tried to gain Yalu from China and Taiwan from the Dutch which saw major naval battles with up to 400 ships. After i finally got the provinces i rebuild my Far East Fleet to about 400 ships. Well some years later i was surprised to see a chinese fleet with more than 700 ships which forced me to start some serious shipbuilding.

In the same game Spain took the last place Victory points vice. They finished the game with -200 VPs. Even the Aztecs, Inkas and Granada, which reemerged in a civil war, were better than them.

Peter Quebe